21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (3 Viewers)

SleepyGinger

Only real area in the squad where we are obviously light is left wing back. Notice Denver Hume still without a club, turned down a deal at Sunderland.

He seems like one of the few players that their fans have anything good to say about. Better going forward than defensively apparently but still young and coachable. Wouldn’t be in a position to demand a lot given it’s September and he hasn’t got a club.

Marty

Only real area in the squad where we are obviously light is left wing back. Notice Denver Hume still without a club, turned down a deal at Sunderland.

He seems like one of the few players that their fans have anything good to say about. Better going forward than defensively apparently but still young and coachable. Wouldn’t be in a position to demand a lot given it’s September and he hasn’t got a club.

He wants to stay at Sunderland, was offered a deal, had it withdrawn once he picked up a small injury then offered a worse deal. Which he rightly rejected imo. He's not particularly good though.

SleepyGinger

He wants to stay at Sunderland, was offered a deal, had it withdrawn once he picked up a small injury then offered a worse deal. Which he rightly rejected imo. He's not particularly good though.
Can’t say I’ve seen a lot of him but seen mixed reviews from notoriously hard to please Sunderland fans. Needs to sort something out for himself anyway.

junglej13

He's just signed a new deal at Sunderland.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

skybluegod

We still want a left back - no mention of Reid being an option

It reads to me as though he is talking about next summer not now? In which case that's not really news?

He's suggesting that Kane is the cover at the moment. But long term we need a permanent and a loan, which he wasn't able to do as nothing is out there within budget and so Kane represented the best option.

Last edited:

Tea & Busquets

Mind boggling. Why did we bother with Reid if he’s not even sufficient cover?
reminds me of when we signed Darragh Leahy if anyone remembers him, Reid has played decently on a much higher stage before we signed him compared to Leahy so hopefully that’s an indicator of his breaking out?

TomRad85

Still looking at the free agent market it seems. Should give this thread some extra legs.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread