21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (6 Viewers)

shmmeee

i watch eredivise sometimes as my countryman Jahanbakhsh played (now again plays there). from what i’ve seen he’s a very decent passer and ball distributer, mainly pushing up the field, good dribbler, not a bad defender by any means. looks like he averages a 7 match rating which is not bad at all.

Found this, nice stats based scouting report with a couple of video clips.

Tea & Busquets

Found this, nice stats based scouting report with a couple of video clips.

didn’t know he started out as a CM, must be why he isn’t as strong a defender as some of his counterparts. 44% crossing acc. is pretty damn good considering the average is around low 20’s.

Terry Gibson's perm

My point is I do not see how someone can be given a new contract have two poor games - really it was Rotherham - and then be bombed out.

I suspect - I do not know - that the club decided McCallum could step up earlier than expected and that he was a saleable prospect and so quickly Mason became surplus to requirements

I agree on the second point.

SlowerThanPlatt

I imagine what he would like to happen and what will happen are different things. So far, no club have made a bid or seemingly registered their interest

SlowerThanPlatt

SlowerThanPlatt

This should translate it straight to English

shmmeee

Said he's gonna step up next season in terms of division.

What a minute, maybe we're going up!!!

That’s not quite what he said. He said he has ambition to go higher and next season if he carries on like he is he hopes he’ll be able to make that step up.

shmmeee

Not sure he'll ever be prem tbh

We’ll have to disagree, I think if he shows he can keep his form for a season he’ll go to a promoted club or similar. He was god awful for half a season last year and had Rangers and West Brom interested.

Grendel

We’ll have to disagree, I think if he shows he can keep his form for a season he’ll go to a promoted club or similar. He was god awful for half a season last year and had Rangers and West Brom interested.

Hiw do you know these two teams not in the premier league were interested

larry_david

Hamer answers questions on two teams supposedly interested in him but denies interest but says he's looking to step up. Aka

Please someone take me I'm good honest

SlowerThanPlatt

He will definitely play in the premiership or another top flight league. Jack Cork, Jack Stephens and John Fleck are/were regulars there ffs.

Cork and Stephens are pretty good players tbf, Fleck I agree that he got promoted into the league and nobody wanted to take him when Sheffield United went down

Sky Blue Harry H

Totally off piste, but Kiprite of WBA made a disgusting stamp on Saka earlier on and got away with it. A bit of Karma half an hour later when he got flattened by his own keeper. Still hope he gets a ban for it though. Well out of order.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I remember Bakayoko saying in an interview his ambition was to play for the Netherlands. Every single player wants to play at the top level but most aren’t capable

He must have been smoking some good shit when he gave that interview. Which is probably why he wanted to play for the Netherlands.

Alkhen

The Hamer interview is great, comes across a nice guy. Must have been horrible coming into a new country during lockdown then having to learn a league with no feed back from the fans.

Seems made up to have a song, shows that the players do care. Glad he sounds settled for now and as long as we can get a good season out of him and a good fee next year he will have to be classed as a really good signing

Platnauer

YPPpPP
He was signed to make a profit for the club sooner or later, perhaps some are in denial on that
Much as many may hate it. This would have been 'Plan A' from the moment he signed.
We are, where we are in the football pyramid and development and selling at a profit is a legitimate business model. Because let's face it, if a West Ham or Leicester (or PSV/Feyenoord) come in for him then he would go anyway.

SlowerThanPlatt

YPPpPP
Much as many may hate it. This would have been 'Plan A' from the moment he signed.
We are, where we are in the football pyramid and development and selling at a profit is a legitimate business model. Because let's face it, if a West Ham or Leicester (or PSV/Feyenoord) come in for him then he would go anyway.

If he is to go it’ll probably be to a promoted side. Can’t see him getting anywhere near a club with European ambitions like West Ham or Leicester

Users who are viewing this thread