21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (6 Viewers)

CDK

LG that type of deal helps long term finance of selling club's so it isn't asset stripping as you stated and another percentage from another sale is good news if Madison moves on.

Liquid Gold

LG that type of deal helps long term finance of selling club's so it isn't asset stripping as you stated and another percentage from another sale is good news if Madison moves on.
I didn't say it was asset stripping mate, I was just referring to the furore that happened when we initially moved him on.

shmmeee

I’m sure I have read somewhere it is 15% but it is off the profit so you have to take off what Leicester paid Norwich which I think was £20million so doing the maths it looks to me to be about £900k.
Nice little earner

Good point forgot it was on profit.

SlowerThanPlatt

Arsenal and every other big club have watched him since he was 16. I believe there was an agreement in place with Spurs the season before he went to Norwich but injury scuppered it

CDK

It was on football gossip the last 18 months re the arsenal interest,add to that discipline issues at Leicester over the last 12 months think there's something in this.

Platnauer

QUOTE="slowpoke, post: 2322024, member: 8018"]
I’m sure I have read somewhere it is 15% but is off the profit so you have to take off what Leicester paid Norwich which I think was £20million so doing the maths it looks to me to be about £900k.
Nice little earner
[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure on this.
It will have been 15% on profit Norwich made for sure. I'm not sure you can insert clauses on all future profits can you? Sure Norwich will get a cut from Foxes on this deal, I just don't see how the levy can carry forward infinitely?
I would happily be wrong and give a hand rolled Cuban to the person who negotiated it.

Happy_Martian

Anyone decrying the Maddison to Norwich deal is deluding only themselves. We have always been and will continue to be a selling club. It's the ability we have of nurturing good youth talent and selling for a small profit but building in decent sell-ons that have allowed us to run for as long as we have.

Ccfcisparks

Simple, highest bidder wins. But that move closer to home he wanted didn’t happen.
If we offered him a contract and Middlesbrough offered him a trial, surely he would rather take the contract than perform the trial. Surprised by him being on trial considering we apparently offered him good terms but he wanted first team. If he's on trial that would suggest hes not gonna be first choice at Middlesbrough.

Skyblue_CP

Patterson won't be signing for us now, that's dead in the water, needed 1 more attacking midfielder to take some work load off O'Hare and we got Bright. If he turned us down originally in favour of a trial, good luck to him.

KenilworthSkyBlue

£50m on Ben White and £60m on Maddison....can't see it myself. Even with Premiership money they'd have to sell a fair bit to justify that. Lacazette only has one year left on his contract so won't go for huge amounts. hold, just remembered they've got the Sheaf money.......

Not so sure. I suspect Arsenal will be more willing to spend this summer as they've probably realised that a big spend is needed as they're fast becoming a mid-table team which just won't wash with Kroenke regardless of how frugal he traditionally is.

They've also made a number of players up for grabs which should generate a bit of cash to reinvest.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Patterson won't be signing for us now, that's dead in the water, needed 1 more attacking midfielder to take some work load off O'Hare and we got Bright. If he turned us down originally in favour of a trial, good luck to him.

Granted he'd be a solid signing but for the wages he'd likely demand I question whether bringing him in would be a wise use of resources.

cooperskyblue

Granted he'd be a solid signing but for the wages he'd likely demand I question whether bringing him in would be a wise use of resources.
I also wonder whether that Bright approaching us or becoming available actually was more appealing to MR than Paterson. Like Bright fits our model and we all agree has exceptional talent and could make us a good profit in the future.

I Would have liked Paterson, personally for the 'Cov City Fan' coming home factor, but in a way I think the magic of Bright is in a way more exciting.

shmmeee

Genuine question,

Why is everyone happy for 1cb?

Weve got to replace Osti for a start, then were still relying on 1 of Fadz and Hyam again imn the back 3.

For me its 2CB more of a need than 2 LWB

Fadz did well last year TBF. In an ideal world I’d want a first choice back three of Rose Osti LCB with Pask/Drysdale Fadz and Hyam as backup. Get the impression budget is limited though.

shmmeee

Without wanting another argument. Why is everyone so sure we need a other DM? We’ve got Sheaf and Kelly to come back, plus Eccles and Hamer.

Telegraph say it so there’s probably something to it, but seems further down the list than the other IMO.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Without wanting another argument. Why is everyone so sure we need a other DM? We’ve got Sheaf and Kelly to come back, plus Eccles and Hamer.

Telegraph say it so there’s probably something to it, but seems further down the list than the other IMO.
Possibly because we need a better Kelly. That grafter who just breaks up play. As talismanic as he is, he’s likely to be injured 10 games in

rexo87

Genuine question,

Why is everyone happy for 1cb?

Weve got to replace Osti for a start, then were still relying on 1 of Fadz and Hyam again imn the back 3.

For me its 2CB more of a need than 2 LWB

Half or your posts are absolute nonsense and half bang on. This falls into the second category

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread