21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (21 Viewers)

COV

He was cleared of any wrongdoings because by the letter of the law he couldn't be prosecuted.

Morally what he did was disgusting. You only have to look at the messages to see what he was insinuating to a 15 year old girl.

He was cleared of the first offence alright but I thought they were looking into a second potential offence on social media

slowpoke

That division one division is going to be a tough one to predict so many big clubs in big re-builds thank god we are now where we are

better days

Loads of crap european signings 1/2 out of 4 - Kasta, Jobello, Hillsner & DaCosta. DaCosta gets a half. That geographical area was touted as being Badlan'sarea of expertise. It was almost certainly his project. 4 slots in the squad tied up. We would have been better with a couple of old pros from League 1.

Two of those were clearly not up to snuff.
You are certainly right about Kasta and probably about Hilssner
Jobello was actually doing pretty well till he did his ACL which I heard was a bad one as he also incurred peripheral damage
I think Jobello has been unlucky really as he has never really recovered full fitness

skybluegod

judge and jury, right there.

No because if you read what I said it literally says he did nothing illegal.

Law does not equal morals.

He knew what he could get away with in law because he said nothing explicit and never clarified. If you want to play ignorant go ahead. But it is quite clear he's a nonce, can't imagine any dressing room would be glad to have him now. Even worse that as, has been said, a second girl has now come forward.

Last edited:

NortonSkyBlue

Law does not equal morales.

He knew what he could get away with in law because he said nothing explicit and never clarified. If you want to play ignorant go ahead. But it is quite clear he's a nonce, can't imagine any dressing room would be glad to have him now. Even worse that as, has been said, a second girl has now come forward.
Playing ignorant? Like you I can only go on what is public knowledge and the outcome is that he has not been charged. If he has done something illegal then he deserves to be punished rather than tried by the court of skybluegod, acting as if you know the facts.
If he is charged then let it be settled in the courtroom.

Brighton Sky Blue

Law does not equal morales.
giphy.gif

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What is it with slagging Badland I don’t get it not sure how long he’s been here but we have improved as a team every season for the last four years and I would say all in all our player recruitment but for one or two has been okay, don’t know how many Badland scouted I’d think most and remember he is working with a pathetically low budget too.

In fairness many of our fans were blaming Oggy for things like relegation. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Brighton Sky Blue

What is it with slagging Badland I don’t get it not sure how long he’s been here but we have improved as a team every season for the last four years and I would say all in all our player recruitment but for one or two has been okay, don’t know how many Badland scouted I’d think most and remember he is working with a pathetically low budget too.

Please FFS spell his name right

Brighton Sky Blue

He doesn’t even know who he is and still wants Dabo at CDM mate

Going for a Moneyball recruitment strategy with our finances makes complete sense but because we're skint we can't attract the best Moneyballers in the business unlike Barnsley who I believe have the original Mr Moneyball on board. So some mistakes are inevitable

Hoofhearted

Law does not equal morals.

100% agree with you on this, he knew what he could get away with, makes him even more of a cold calculating nonce in my opinion.

Barnsley

Going for a Moneyball recruitment strategy with our finances makes complete sense but because we're skint we can't attract the best Moneyballers in the business unlike Barnsley who I believe have the original Mr Moneyball on board. So some mistakes are inevitable
The way we’re doing it due to having a tight budget, is hoovering up young kids who are deemed not good enough at their current/previous club, or play for clubs well down the food chain, giving them 6 to 12 months in the under23s to learn our style of play and reach the required fitness level, then introduce them into the first team fold, we’ve 5 players in the first team that followed that route, and the rest is made us with players who had some experience before we signed them and was seen as first team players from the off. It as mixed results and they don’t all make it but it’s minimal risk due to the amount of money they’re costing the club, in the grand scheme of things it’s peanuts.

Brighton Sky Blue

The way we’re doing it due to having a tight budget, is hoovering up young kids who are deemed not good enough at their current/previous club, or play for clubs well down the food chain, giving them 6 to 12 months in the under23s to learn our style of play and reach the required fitness level, then introduce them into the first team fold, we’ve 5 players in the first team that followed that route, and the rest is made us with players who had some experience before we signed them and was seen as first team players from the off. It as mixed results and they don’t all make it but it’s minimal risk due to the amount of money they’re costing the club, in the grand scheme of things it’s peanuts.

Is it right that the original Moneyball dude is involved at some level?

Greggs

If anyone isn't happy with our transfer business just remember - at least we're not Derby...

I noticed they had a 'Jagielka' in their squad and guessed it was a relation of Phil, but fuck me sideways he's 38 and still ploughing on.

Users who are viewing this thread