21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (4 Viewers)

oakey

Fuss made over phones, cars etc. It either works well or it doesn't.
Don't blind me with science.
Looked at a new laptop in John Lewis. I might just be the stereotypical girlie and select by colour. It seems as good a method as any. Life's too short for all the BS.

slowpoke

Always flattered to deceive for me looks the part at times but doesn’t deliver anywhere enough goals certainly not better than what we have and we need better.

SlowerThanPlatt

Why? He was awful for Wednesday last year, one assist and no goals in 20 games last season, even O'Hare scored more than him from a similar position

Yeah he wasn’t good last season but at Luton the season before he played 28 games and got 8 assists, as many as any of ours did in 46. The year Huddersfield got promoted he scored a few too. Think he’s someone who will benefit from having a permanent home

CDK

I don't mind waiting if there's a better selection with less duds like kasta,hillsner ,it's more important when spending the lack of budget available.

skybluebeast

From where who told you this ?
Mate I’m not going to expose someone like that am I. You either believe it or you don’t I’m not going to try and convince you either way by saying where it came from. I’m not trying to mislead people and I’m not trying to get attention just thought I’d pass on what Iv heard. 👍.

For the record it’s come from someone close to the top brass who told me about the Ricoh return 2/3 weeks before it happened, told me about the Wark Uni stadium plan before it was announced and multiple signings that have come off.

We also have Dennis Lawerence as our new 1st Team coach.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

Mate I’m not going to expose someone like that am I. You either believe it or you don’t I’m not going to try and convince you either way by saying where it came from. I’m not trying to mislead people and I’m trying to get attention just thought I’d pass on what Iv heard. 👍.

For the record it’s come from someone close to the top brass who told me about the Ricoh return 2/3 weeks before it happened, told me about the Wark Uni stadium plan before it was announced and multiple signings that have come off.

07A1DB91-66CA-41B2-9AC3-F98C49960377.jpeg

Would it be the same source as this?

CDK

Mate I’m not going to expose someone like that am I. You either believe it or you don’t I’m not going to try and convince you either way by saying where it came from. I’m not trying to mislead people and I’m trying to get attention just thought I’d pass on what Iv heard. 👍.

Who we talking about waghorn.

skybluebeast

View attachment 20553

Would it be the same source as this?
Not sure people realise how close it was to us not getting O’Hare.

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️no wonder people don’t bother commenting stuff on here though, you lot are straight on the jump down and calling BS…..Who knows whether it will be a definite if we’re going to sign Waghorn or not, but from what I’ve been told we have and considering the person it’s come from I’m inclined to believe it even though in my mind it doesn’t make any sense whatsoever as it doesn’t fit our transfer model.

SlowerThanPlatt

Not sure people realise how close it was to us not getting O’Hare.

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️no wonder people don’t bother commenting stuff on here though, you lot are straight on the jump down and calling BS…..Who knows whether it will be a definite if we’re going to sign Waghorn or not, but from what I’ve been told we have and considering the person it’s come from I’m inclined to believe it even though in my mind it doesn’t make any sense whatsoever as it doesn’t fit our transfer model.

I know football is a fickle game but he went from highly unlikely to signing a week later? What happened in that 7 day period?

KenilworthSkyBlue

The correlation is quite obvious. The longer we go without signings the more ITK's seem to pop up.

However, in reality it's either people clamouring onto rumours they've seen online or heard down the pub (which they then try and pass off as a credible source) or they're simply making it up.

mark82

@mark82 @Sky Blue Pete if yous know things just tell the group? Making out like you’re super fans because you’ve had a cup of tea with Joy

No-one is claiming to be a super fan. I tend not to ask about transfers but occasionally hear little snippets, generally when things are at early stages. Try not to say too much as often things can fall through (see James Collins). It's also not really my place to say anything. I find it quite interesting how things often leak out anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread