21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (2 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

And he has the ambition to match City’s Premier League target, telling Robins TV: “It was an easy decision. I’m very excited about moving forward with Bristol City and the ambition that they have is certainly something that brought me here. The drive and determination to move the team into the Premier League is going to be backed by myself.

“I’m so impressed by the facilities, the building (Robins High Performance Centre) and the set-up that Bristol City have got. I’m very excited for the challenge and moving forward.”

SBAndy

we have seemingly missed out on. Robins likes doing business early as we all know.

and were raffling off shirts for funds? Somethings not quite right, cant shake the feeling. Fuck knows what it is, but somethings not as it should be

Are they exclusive? Can you not raffle shirts if you’re buying players? Do you think Robins has been doing the rounds at the local Working Men’s Clubs?

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

Saddlebrains

Just a wild guess but maybe its the global pandemic and no fans being allowed into games for 18 months?

I get that, but come on now.

I've been very pro sisu last few years. But this is a massive window for us. We need to establish in the championship and it seems to me we're dealing with fuck all again. I dont see the justification for that with another year of champo money and 10k season tickets

David O'Day

ar deal would of been ye
So youre saying we will get better than James David. I think not.

Did I say that Parksy dear boy?

We'll be stronger than last season.

But to be truthful to give James a 3 year deal would been far too much of a risk of Cov so swings and roundabouts.

Saddlebrains

I'm not saying we should go out and spunk money. Far from it.

What im saying is, were what, 4 or 5 proven championship players away from solid mid table. Them players are out there and on a free

Pay them 10 or 15k a week. Yes ohares our highest earmer on 10k if to be believed, but we have to bite the bullet at some point

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I get that, but come on now.

I've been very pro sisu last few years. But this is a massive window for us. We need to establish in the championship and it seems to me we're dealing with fuck all again. I dont see the justification for that with another year of champo money and 10k season tickets
Matty James is not the only target we have. We have another 6 weeks. If in 4 weeks we haven’t signed anyone then it’s time to worry.

We move on to the next. Chris Badlan wouldn’t have been twiddling his thumbs for the past year, we’ll have a list to go on

KenilworthSkyBlue

Im ready to be called a bedwetter or some other insult. But.

Collins

James

and looking more like Paterson (swansea links getting stronger)

we have seemingly missed out on. Robins likes doing business early as we all know.

and were raffling off shirts for funds? Somethings not quite right, cant shake the feeling. Fuck knows what it is, but somethings not as it should be

At the end of the day the club needs to try and maximise revenue wherever possible, especially away from the traditional means - something they've been relatively useless at in the past.

It might look a bit desperate but it's a pretty easy way of raising funds.

fernandopartridge

Im ready to be called a bedwetter or some other insult. But.

Collins

James

and looking more like Paterson (swansea links getting stronger)

Or, back in the real world your perception of what would happen was completely false.

Liquid Gold

Matty James is not the only target we have. We have another 6 weeks. If in 4 weeks we haven’t signed anyone then it’s time to worry.

We move on to the next. Chris Badlan wouldn’t have been twiddling his thumbs for the past year, we’ll have a list to go on
4 weeks is not the time to worry. We need some new players in for the start of pre-season. That's how we've done it every year under MR, if we don't this time then it shows something is up.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I'm not saying we should go out and spunk money. Far from it.

What im saying is, were what, 4 or 5 proven championship players away from solid mid table. Them players are out there and on a free

Pay them 10 or 15k a week. Yes ohares our highest earmer on 10k if to be believed, but we have to bite the bullet at some point

We can't spend money we don't have.

David O'Day

I doubt that David, think we are in real trouble this year.

Good job you have form for talking shite then ain't it.

We'll be better than last season just by standing still. A fully fit Walker, Godden, Rose and Dabo with a full preseason in them makes us better than last year, That's before anyone who we make sign in the 6 fucking weeks before the season starts.

We do need a left back though

KenilworthSkyBlue

4 weeks is not the time to worry. We need some new players in for the start of pre-season. That's how we've done it every year under MR, if we don't this time then it shows something is up.

Exactly. I think fans have the right to air their frustrations but comparing it to the Mowbray catastrophe is both premature and massively far fetched as that just wouldn't happen again. Not now when we have a solid recruitment team in place.

D

Deleted member 11652

We'll be better than last season just by standing still. A fully fit Walker, Godden, Rose and Dabo with a full preseason in them makes us better than last year, That's before anyone who we make sign in the 6 fucking weeks before the season starts.

You talk more shite than him and that’s really saying something

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I alluded to the first friendly in an earlier post. Whilst I won’t wait for 4 weeks, I won’t be panicking until then. Eyebrow will be raised if we don’t have one in before the first friendly

Ccfcisparks

Theres a reason you don't often appear on the football threads.

Users who are viewing this thread