21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (7 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Would be pretty worrying if we miss out on James, especially given that it sounded like a permanent deal was basically agreed when he signed on loan. Add in potentially missing out on Walsh too and it gets a bit concerning. We need to sign 7/8 players this window, would be nice to hear something a bit more concrete soon.
Wouldn’t be that worrying, I’d imagine we plan 2 windows in advance. I’m sure Badlan said that . They’ll have plenty of targets in mind

AFCCOVENTRY

If anything we do sign the unknown at times. Hamer for example. I think lessons will have be learned in terms of the dodgy lower league European footballer. No more Kasta or Hilsner’s this summer.

CDK

If anything we do sign the unknown at times. Hamer for example. I think lessons will have be learned in terms of the dodgy lower league European footballer. No more Kasta or Hilsner’s this summer.
For sure to try and learn lessons re players coming in.

Gibbo

I liked Thomas too. I was surprised he didn't make more of an impact at Barnsley. I thought he was great for us and a cut above League One. With the right club and in the right circumstances, that might still be the case.
Luke Thomas and Callum O'Hare share an inability to stick it in the back of the net when it is more difficult to miss

Sky Blue Harry H

Luke Thomas and Callum O'Hare share an inability to stick it in the back of the net when it is more difficult to miss

So would you get rid of Callum O'Hare then Gibbo ? He's one of the players I'm looking forward to seeing for us next season, to be honest.

CDK

Think it's a bit early to start worrying and trust in robins and the recruitment team ,as they haven't let us down in previous seasons.

Danceswithhorses

I don't think we will. He could surprise us and accept a pay cut to stay here but I don't blame him wanting as much as he can
I'd like to think that if he's been on a contract of £32k per week for 4/5 years, money shouldn't really be an issue any more....but IRL i expect him to go with the highest wage offered...our only selling point is he'd be much nearer his family at Cov.

Skybluedownunder

With James and Walsh both now sounding difficult to sign id like to see us go after Izzy Brown seeming as he would be close with Vivieash and is a proven Championship midfielder since he’s just been released from Chelsea and Preston are keen on him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowpoke

I'd like to think that if he's been on a contract of £32k per week for 4/5 years, money shouldn't really be an issue any more....but IRL i expect him to go with the highest wage offered...our only selling point is he'd be much nearer his family at Cov.
Thought I read somewhere his family home is Manchester way might be wrong.

Garryb80

With James and Walsh both now sounding difficult to sign id like to see us go after Izzy Brown seeming as he would be close with Vivieash and is a proven Championship midfielder since he’s just been released from Chelsea and Preston are keen on him

So we miss out on 2 central midfielders and your solution is to sign an attacking player? Good logic that

shmmeee

We have enough squad options. This is a replacement for our first choice midfielder so we need ready made not someone struggling to get in a relegated side

We won’t be buying anyone ready made. Robins has made that clear on several occasions.

Marty

I can read what he says but did I mention buying anyone? James is on a free so fairly certain many others will be.

Even if we have got good money to spend he's hardly going to spill it to the media is he. Anything regarding player spending in the media needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

shmmeee

Let's all be honest with ourselves! We are starting next season with a midfield 3 of Allen, Sheaf and Shipley, until Kelly is fit as we sold Hamer on the final day of the season to WBA for a quick cheeky 500k... but most importantly with "substantial" add ons!

What’s happened to O’Hare?

Colin Steins Smile

I very much doubt it
You underestimate Robins and Viveash
I agree MR & AV will have planned for this transfer window for a very long time with numerous options to pursue depending on the situation. One thing that I think is emerging is that quite a few clubs are not committing to wage offers until they see what the market rate is. Clearly, in leagues outside the PL there is going to be a correction and clubs don't want to over pay.

Malaka

My latest gossip:

James has signed for us
Hamer has already been sold but I don't know who to
Still a chance of Kesler from Villa

Just telling you what I have heard

rexo87

No inside info but I reckon we are probably in for Jayden Stockley. Pompey and Charlton both made offers of around 300k (if you believe the usual Twitter accounts) but apparently a couple of championship teams are interested

Marty

Anybody else heard about the club looking to shift Dabo on and go after a new RWB.

junglej13

No inside info but I reckon we are probably in for Jayden Stockley. Pompey and Charlton both made offers of around 300k (if you believe the usual Twitter accounts) but apparently a couple of championship teams are interested

Thought the same myself. Would have loved him in League 1. Probably would be an improvement on Biamou and if we were in for James Collins it would indicate we are in the market for this type of player still.

Users who are viewing this thread