21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (6 Viewers)

JimmyHillsbeard

An interesting interview with Ostigard. Plenty of confidence, including telling Robins he would leave if he didn’t put him back in the team, feel this wouldn’t go down well at a better club/Brighton.

having read that Interview I can’t see that he thinks he’s coming back here.

Esoterica

An interesting interview with Ostigard. Plenty of confidence, including telling Robins he would leave if he didn’t put him back in the team, feel this wouldn’t go down well at a better club/Brighton.

If he does sign for us, lets crowdfund a flag with his face on with 'I am not a little pudding' next to it. That's a hilarious quote. Probably lucky that he's not actually, Robins would have been all over him otherwise. He's mad for a bit of trifle or a jam roly-poly.

Last edited:

edgy

Not really sure what to make of that. Hopefully some of it has been muddled in "translation". I'm not sure Robins would be too pleased if a loan kid bursts into his office making ultimatums.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Not looking good is it?

I mean paper talk of course, but youd imagine that Walsh, James and Collins (confirmed we did offer a contract) were definitely of interest to us

And it looks like we will end up with fuck and all from them 3

We still might get one of the above.

But if not, as I've previously reiterated. Little point getting disheartened about missing out on primary targets. It's an inevitability when we're competing with clubs who are run by owners who are happy to write blank cheques season after season.

Legia Sky Blue

For those starting to get their knickers in a twist about this, I hate to make it worse for you, but in the last tradional pre season to compare to in League 1 we didn't sign O'Hare, Walsh & Godden until after the season had already started. Sometimes circumstances just mean you have to play a waiting game, and in relation to loans I suspect this season most will not be tied up until close to the season start date, or even before the window closes later on. I can however see a couple of permanent signings in time for our return to training at beginning of July in addition to Sheaf, but anyone hoping for much more than that at that point in pre season are likely to be disappointed.

gspotgaz

Talking about the ‘English culture’ where it was a matter of standing up for yourself, he revealed: “The coaches I had in England were quite tough.

“If you missed a couple of passes in training, they could come behind you and whisper “have you not slept last night, or?

😂😂😂 not sure why this tickled me so much

Frostie

Not really sure what to make of that. Hopefully some of it has been muddled in "translation". I'm not sure Robins would be too pleased if a loan kid bursts into his office making ultimatums.

He definitely did, it was talked about before when he was interviewed on International duty again. Maybe not an "ultimatum" as such but certainly demanded to see him & asked why he wasn't being picked. Said Robins & Viveash give as good as they get though & he liked that.
He's a very confident character, did similar with Solskjaer at Molde, demanding to be in the first team when he was just 16.

Anyway, doubt he'll be coming back here - much bigger clubs will be interested, wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to Germany.

Sky Blue Harry H

On the basis that Ostigard isn't coming back here, a couple of thoughts on him as a player..

Positives: Immense in the air, and won't be bullied by anybody. will score goals from set pieces
Negatives: Not that good in possession, plus liable to serious injury in that as he tries to win aerial challenges over the top of players (a bit harsh, as he fantastic in the air, but he will eventually have a bad fall - same goes for Calvert-Lewin)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

On the basis that Ostigard isn't coming back here, a couple of thoughts on him as a player..

Positives: Immense in the air, and won't be bullied by anybody. will score goals from set pieces
Negatives: Not that good in possession, plus liable to serious injury in that as he tries to win aerial challenges over the top of players (a bit harsh, as he fantastic in the air, but he will eventually have a bad fall - same goes for Calvert-Lewin)
See that score goals from set pieces is a potential rather than will. His aiming was atrocious last season. Should have had far more goals

Other than that I agree with all of this

slowpoke

Doubt it would bother Robins he has probably done the same maybe even with Sir Alex. The best mangers take and accept players venting their spleen and move on as if nothing has happened.

Brighton Sky Blue

It did read to me like 'I'm going to look for the best move I can possibly get and if nothing better turns up, Coventry is still a possibility'

He’s an extremely driven chap who wants the fastest career progression possible. That said it reads like a Football Manager player interaction

slowpoke

So it's looking like we'll be without Ostigard - McCallum - James - Walsh - Biamou and Baker. We are going down. Do bookies have the odds out yet and can you get a refund on a season ticket?
Should get decent odds get your pocket money on.

lifeskyblue

I’m going to stick my neck out and predict either James or Ostigard (hopefully both) will be playing in Sky Blue next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve cooper

I will be amazed if he comes back here. Most if not all players with huge potential like him see teams like us only as a stepping stone to get into the first team as quickly as possible, and to get noticed by the bigger clubs. Leo is already past that stage in his career.

slowpoke

Knowing Robins if it’s not Ostigard it will be someone better, but reading his article I’m sure if he decides to leave Brighton he would come back here if offered either loan or permanent the decision is his.

Alkhen

Talking about the ‘English culture’ where it was a matter of standing up for yourself, he revealed: “The coaches I had in England were quite tough.

“If you missed a couple of passes in training, they could come behind you and whisper “have you not slept last night, or?

😂😂😂 not sure why this tickled me so much

After watching Ifollow matches over the last year im not sure can picture Adi Vveash ever wispering!

CDK

Ostigard maybe not,what I am suprised at is nothing about sheaf maybe after a season robins found a way to get out of the obligation term used at the start of the season as I think it would have been an announcement before now if signed.

SlowerThanPlatt

Ostigard maybe not,what I am suprised at is nothing about sheaf maybe after a season robins found a way to get out of the obligation term used at the start of the season as I think it would have been an announcement before now if signed.

Lol - what way would there be to get out of an obligation

Sky Blue Harry H

Interesting article/discussion about severance play for players on Sheff Wed forum - which I confess I never knew about.

Ties in with cashflow issues for clubs, and why some clubs may be holding off signing players for as long as possible, to avoid wage costs. For example if we were to sign 6 players averaging £6k a week, then 'delaying' for a month saves the club circa £150k, albeit risks losing a player/ giving them less time for the manager to work with. Where budgets are really tight, some clubs must be adopting this approach. I notice Portsmouth seem to be selling almost every other player in their squad, but have barely recruited!

slowpoke

Sheaf is a done deal, revealed last season what is there to announce any different.

As for Ostigard similar imo he is obviously a very focussed individual on his career prospects and good for him he has made it quite clear he will decide what he does and where he goes . I’m fairly positive if Robins wants him be it a loan or purchase perhaps on a similar deal to last seasons Sheaf deal Osti will come back his aim is regular first team football and of the four centre backs we have in my opinion he is number one it is down to him to make sure it stays that way and I think he liked it here seemed settled that goes a long way.

But Robins is a very focused and determined character too, he will replace any player here with who he believes is a better player if he had the finance to do so that’s a part of his job.

Users who are viewing this thread