21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (11 Viewers)

Frostie

Having saved circa £80k a week on Ayew's wages, they are always going to be able to offer free transfers higher wages than us (and most others). Don't wish Liam Walsh any ill, but if he does sign for them, I don't wish him much success either #biasedskybluefan

Frustrating as it might be he would be a great fit there.

mark82

Having saved circa £80k a week on Ayew's wages, they are always going to be able to offer free transfers higher wages than us (and most others). Don't wish Liam Walsh any ill, but if he does sign for them, I don't wish him much success either #biasedskybluefan

Haven't they just lost parachute payments though?

Danceswithhorses

Notorious shagger :D

From his time at Perlermo:

“Lafferty is sold as a result of a precise request from my Coach BeppeIachini,” President Zamparini told the station.

“He is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan.

“He has two families with six children, he never trains, he’s completely off the rails. On the field he’s a great player, because he gave us everything he had and more.

“In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My Coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to go.”
Just think how good a player he might have been, if he'd put as much time into footy, as he's done with 'womanising'

slowpoke

Half listening to Talksport and they were talking all the premier vacancies I thought it was Everton. I know the ex Wolves manager has walked away from the Palace job so it could have been Palace

junglej13

procdoc

Walsh Didn’t play all of last season so no idea if he can have the same impact in the championship as in league one. Guess we’ll find out next season when he’s playing for Swansea. Not convinced he’ll be an automatic starter for them though

CDK

Walsh Didn’t play all of last season so no idea if he can have the same impact in the championship as in league one. Guess we’ll find out next season when he’s playing for Swansea. Not convinced he’ll be an automatic starter for them though
Think the same ,more so will be interesting to see if he gets a flare up of the ongoing injury,also we will have Eccles in the mix next year also Jones back fit.

Saddlebrains

Not looking good is it?

I mean paper talk of course, but youd imagine that Walsh, James and Collins (confirmed we did offer a contract) were definitely of interest to us

And it looks like we will end up with fuck and all from them 3

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Not looking good is it?

I mean paper talk of course, but youd imagine that Walsh, James and Collins (confirmed we did offer a contract) were definitely of interest to us

And it looks like we will end up with fuck and all from them 3
Still not fussed. We may have offered a contract to Collins but you don’t know the terms, we’d be offering a fair few out

I’m sure there’s many more irons in the fire. Only start to worry if we hit pre-season friendlies without a signing

TomS91

I reckon we need around 8 new players. I'm assuming we'll take the maximum 5 loans which tend to happen later. So really we're looking for 3 or 4 permanent signings - one of whom Sheaf has already signed apparently. Plenty of time left. Don't panic people!

CDK

What I am sure of is new additions will come in,maybe the slow start is down to arranging ostigard to return on loan and stil talking to james and his agent.walsh would be a useful addition but a new keeper would be a start plus left wingback striker as a back up as well as midfield.

chiefdave

Not looking good is it?

Doubt they were our only targets. Probably best to wait and see where we are at when pre-sesaon starts. Even then there's still plenty of time to add to the squad.

slowpoke

Not sure if Matty James can be described as a target, he was here and I assume IF we want him we know his terms and decision. I also think the goal posts have moved and now all the release details have been announced there are better quality available. Im confident our recruitment will be okay give it time.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Not sure if Matty James can be described as a target, he was here and I assume IF we want him we know his terms and decision. I also think the goal posts have moved and now all the release details have been announced there are better quality available. Im confident our recruitment will be okay give it time.
I’d go along with this. We looked at him as a possible permanent when we signed him.

he’ll have known what we could offer before the end of the season, and Robins would be aware whether we have a chance or not

Esoterica

And we just don't see all the pieces of the puzzle at this point, if we ever will. Maybe our first choice striker replacement wants 15k a week and we can't afford both him and our first choice midfielder Matty James, so if Collins is in our B list for strikers and would take 8k it's 7k 'saved' and gives us some more wiggle room with Matty James to match Bristol's offer. If James joins Collins in choosing other clubs, maybe we go back to first choice 15k a week striker and look to squeeze the budget somewhere else instead. There's a lot to fit together when you have a tight budget but we at least have the recruitment model now to support that.

Users who are viewing this thread