21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (1 Viewer)

Frostie

One of the Cov connected players who never seems to get linked with us is Jordan Graham, who I think would be a lot better signing than many of those that have been like Collins. I guess as a winger he wouldn't fit into MR's gameplan, but pretty sure he will end up signing with a Championship side this Summer.

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't go to Birmingham. Bowyer loves him.

TomRad85

Going to jump in with another suggestion, again looking at lower league players who could potentially step up. Bradford centre back Paudie O'connor looks like he might be a decent shout. Ticks a lot of boxes.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Frostie

Going to jump in with another suggestion, again looking at lower league players who could potentially step up. Bradford centre back Paudie O'connor looks like he might be a decent shout. Ticks a lot of boxes.

Had a great season, think he's just won their POTY? Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him get a Championship move but not sure if he's a great fit for us. Sound defensively but not convinced about him on the ball & would prefer a left footer as well tbh.

TomRad85

Had a great season, think he's just won their POTY? Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him get a Championship move but not sure if he's a great fit for us. Sound defensively but not convinced about him on the ball & would prefer a left footer as well tbh.
Yes was their POTY I think. Depends if our coaches think his play from the back can be worked on I suppose. Being a good defender is nice starting point though.

SleepyGinger

Steven Caulker contract expired at antalyaspor. Just got into the team of the season in the Turkish league, not sure what sort of wage he would command these days but could be a decent option as long term heir to fadz.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

edgy

Skybluefaz

I was told at the weekend that we didn't quite match the wage offer, but it was Mick McCarthy that was the big draw for him. Glad we never got him tbh, I think the time to get him would have been in league 2 but it worked out well for us anyway getting McNulty. Move on.

CDK

He's welcome there ,good we are competitive wages wise.move on from Collins.also think godden and walker are better finishers.

robbiethemole

He actually said he “was” a massive Coventry fan when he was 10 or 11, allegiance may lie elsewhere now.
"massive fan" on SBT equates to "massive bellend", thank feck he's at Cardiff for 2 years, by the times his contract is up he'll be ready to retire and we'll never have to have another of these shite threads

Legia Sky Blue

When Collins doesn't become a regular at Cardiff, we will get plenty on here encouraging a move for him however long his contract is. I'm 100% sure this won't be the last transfer window someone puts him on their wishlist :rolleyes:

Frostie

I’m quite surprised we were in for him at all if the cov telegraph is to be trusted. A player on the decline, doesn’t fit the model and wouldn’t massively improve our team. If our striking options going into next year we’re Walker godden and Collins I’d be quite disappointed.

Yeah, absolutely. I can fully believe we enquired & put some feelers out to guage where he was at but certainly wouldn't have had him down as a top target.

SleepyGinger

Quite an interesting read a Blackburn analyst/fan has put together. Skip to the recruitment section, I’d imagine we would be looking in similar markets given our data driven recruitment and similar league position.

Users who are viewing this thread