21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (16 Viewers)

mrtrench

Would rather we sign a proven goalscorer.

Is it either / or?

We can sign either a kid with promise or a proven striker. Nobody else. Seems unlikely but I know nothing about football so maybe you're right.

Marty

I’d rather we do what we are trying to do than be Huddersfield signing Rhodes no doubt on ridiculous money on a three year deal with no chance of selling on at a profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a balance to be found, much rather pick up a top prospect from league one. Then an aging pro or a kid from the arse end of nowhere.

Marty

The A League is on BT Sport now. I've watched a few games and the standard is pretty mixed although the games are usually pretty entertaining. A few very good players (mainly older players who've had careers at a decent level in Europe) mixed in with League 2 quality I'd say. No reason there wouldn't be some gems there for us.

Sounds about right, watched a few games while out there and the a league is pritty poor and compares with a midtable league 2 side, with the odd standout player who tends to be older, who's enjoying the last few years off his career in the sun.

cc84cov

He's got decent pedigree. He's scored a load for New Zealand at international. I'd imagine if we were linked to Dike before Barnsley signed him, a lot of people on this forum would have written him off due to previous international signings. They'd rather we sign Collins or Gnanduillet.
Pedigree ? 🤣 15 in 38 isn’t “a load of goals” either

8 in 5 at “international level” yeah for their under 23’s

TomS91

Sounds about right, watched a few games while out there and the a league is pritty poor and compares with a midtable league 2 side, with the odd standout player who tends to be older, who's enjoying the last few years off his career in the sun.
I've particularly enjoyed watching Alessandro Diamanti play. What a player.

cc84cov

You wanted us to sign Gnanduillet as first choice you clown, and since then hes got 5 goals in 13 games in the Scottish Championship :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Absolutely zero banter is why I don’t even give you any attention you crave on this thread do you even know what pedigree means,I much prefer enjoying your posts on here daily then biting to your nonsense “pedigree” 🤣

Ccfcisparks

You actually don’t do you backed up by saying a 19 year old from New Zealand comes from good pedigree 😝

enjoy your day as you were 😎
A 19 year old who plays international football is good pedigree champ (y)

Enjoy your day mucka, make sure you clean that Gnanduillet poster.

Marty

Tbf he scored 4 of those goals against the footballing giants of Samoa, population roughly half of Coventry. Then 2 more against American Samoa, population less then Nuneaton.

cc84cov

A 19 year old who plays international football is good pedigree champ (y)

Enjoy your day mucka, make sure you clean that Gnanduillet poster.
5 games at Under 23’s level doesn’t mean he’s from good pedigree a player like sheaf can be classed as having gold pedigree coming from 2 academy’s in West Ham & Arsenal,Pask etc these have come from good pedigree,anyway seems he’s turned us down

Frostie

He's got decent pedigree. He's scored a load for New Zealand at international. I'd imagine if we were linked to Dike before Barnsley signed him, a lot of people on this forum would have written him off due to previous international signings. They'd rather we sign Collins or Gnanduillet.

Exactly this.

I just started a new thread on partnerships/networking before I'd seen this but this is absolutely what a lot of clubs will be looking to do now.
The Dike deal was an inspired coup by Barnsley, he literally only qualified for a work permit earlier that same day by representing the USA NT.

On the player himself, I don't know masses about Waine but not overly surprised that he's the kind of player we'd look at. 19 years old, pacey, good finisher & can play wide too. Similar style of player to Callum Lang at Wigan who we've also been linked with.

Ccfcisparks

5 games at Under 23’s level doesn’t mean he’s from good pedigree a player like sheaf can be classed as having gold pedigree coming from 2 academy’s in West Ham & Arsenal,Pask etc these have come from good pedigree
The same Sheaf that you say is shite? If it were me anyway mucka id sell Walker and Godden and got all out for Gnanduillet.

Ccfcisparks

Exactly this.

I just started a new thread on partnerships/networking before I'd seen this but this is absolutely what a lot of clubs will be looking to do now.
The Dike deal was an inspired coup by Barnsley, he literally only qualified for a work permit earlier that same day by representing the USA NT.

On the player himself, I don't know masses about Waine but not overly surprised that he's the kind of player we'd look at. 19 years old, pacey, good finisher & can play wide too. Similar style of player to Callum Lang at Wigan who we've also been linked with.
Mate you are totally wrong, we should have got Gnanduillet instead.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I've banged this drum a few times already in the past couple months, but I'd love for us to go for Liam Delap on loan from City. He's the perfect fit for what we need and young. Think he'd do a great job, although I'm sure theres many clubs interested.

Would be great but I think he'll end up someone in the PL on loan.

Bugsy

Bugsy

Users who are viewing this thread