21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (4 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 11652

Robins’ signings in attacking midfield and out wide since rejoining:

Vincenti
Andreu
Westbrooke
Barrett
Maguire Drew
Hiwula
Allassani
Wakefield
Luke Thomas
Bright
Allen
O’hare
Jobello
Kastaneer
Hilssner

Not an awful lot to shout about there. He has to get it right this summer in that area

Sky Blue Pete

Vincenti
Andreu
Westbrooke
Barrett
Maguire Drew
Hiwula
Allassani
Wakefield
Luke Thomas
Bright
Allen
O’hare
Jobello
Kastaneer
Hilssner

Not an awful lot to shout about there. He has to get it right this summer in that area
Seriously???

Terry_dactyl

Don't think it'd be a disaster if we had the same 4 from this year (i.e. minus Baka). In an ideal world I think we'd want to upgrade but think Walker & Godden are good enough, plus a prem loan. Would maybe bring in a free agent if there's a promising young one available.

Biggest thing would be to add a bit of creativity/goals in midfield/AM. If Walsh is available would be good (injury concerns aside). Would also look at someone like Scott Twine as a compliment to / competition for O'Hare. That's been a weak spot this year, which has lead to O'Hare being overplayed at times and having limited alternative when he's needed a rest or not playing well.
I agree, wouldn’t be a disaster. You’d think Walker and Gyo are going to improve and Godden is good enough as long as he remains injury free...Max is good enough as back up (cue new thread ‘is Max good enough as back up’).
If we can get more creativity I’m sure walker will score a hatful.
I think we need more pace and strength throughout the side. Obviously they need to be good as well!
Despite his occasional mistakes we look better with mcfadzean at the back...we need a younger version of him.

Magwitch1

Get Walker fully fit is vital but so is another striker and that includes if we keep Gyokeres buy one or loan one not bothered but we need four,
Taveres would be a bonus.

Danceswithhorses

I agree, wouldn’t be a disaster. You’d think Walker and Gyo are going to improve and Godden is good enough as long as he remains injury free...Max is good enough as back up (cue new thread ‘is Max good enough as back up’).
We were a half decent side this year, despite injuries decimating our squad (strikers especially), so it follows that with a relatively injury free season, we should do better, even with the same 4.
Do i also remember correctly, that we hit the post/bar, more than any other team in Championship this last season ?
Could be a useless stat, but at least it shows we were creating chances, even if we weren't quite finishing them.

NortonSkyBlue

I don't often agree wiht him but how is he wrong here? Other than O'Hare and Bright, Hiwula and Westbrooke in spells, who has impressed off that list?
Luke Thomas,
Andreu was injured playing for us,
Allen was part of the squad that won League One
So now we are over a 50% per cent rate of success, I would say in football terms that is not so bad.

Ccfcisparks

Luke Thomas,
So now we are over a 50% per cent rate of success, I would say in football terms that is not so bad.
Allen I could maybe give you. Andreu is just ridiculous because you are basing that off If's buts and maybes, how can you call that a succesful signing when he hardly played. Thomas was overrated.

D

Deleted member 11652

Luke Thomas,

Thomas, Bright, Allen, O’hare and Westbrooke. That’s 5/15

D

Deleted member 11652

Our recruitment really has been hit and miss, over the past 5 seasons, hasn’t it?

Not like we’ve gone from a L2 team to a Championship one...

No but in that area of the pitch it has been? Which is my point, we are lacking there and need to get it right this year

Marty

Luke Thomas,

Andreu looked a good player tbf just never fully recovered after the ACL injury.

NortonSkyBlue

Thomas, Bright, Allen, O’hare and Westbrooke. That’s 5/15
You missed out Hiwula and as stated Andreu was injured in our name.
I think it is pushing it to say that Allessani and Wakefield were bought as first team players when it was stated they were development buys and whilst agreeing that the others never shone in our colors or are yet to shine, the degree of negativity on here reflects the Slade or late Mowbray era and is unjustified in my opinion based on the progress made in that time.

D

Deleted member 11652

You missed out Hiwula and as stated Andreu was injured in our name.
I think it is pushing it to say that Allessani and Wakefield were bought as first team players when it was stated they were development buys and whilst agreeing that the others never shone in our colors or are yet to shine, the degree of negativity on here reflects the Slade or late Mowbray era and is unjustified in my opinion based on the progress made in that time.

I liked Hiwula but no counting him as a success given he ended up in the bomb squad. If we aren’t counting development players then we can’t count Westbrooke so?

D

Deleted member 11652

He was bought as a striker and was our top scorer his first season!

We can take him off the list then. Either way, he didn’t end up a success out wide did he? In saying that, I liked him and didn’t want him to be bombed out

shmmeee

We can take him off the list then. Either way, he didn’t end up a success out wide did he? In saying that, I liked him and didn’t want him to be bombed out

We play some weird ass formations that don’t lend themselves to wingers/AMs. In L2 we played that weird 442 with the “wingers” more central like a box, then the box last season.

I think considering that we’ve done OK with the likes of Allen, O’Hare, Shipley and Westbrooke, Bayliss before them as well.

But yeah, considering we went into this season with 8 AMs on the books and finished with just one we’d trust on the pitch it’s not great.

Terry_dactyl

We were a half decent side this year, despite injuries decimating our squad (strikers especially), so it follows that with a relatively injury free season, we should do better, even with the same 4.
Do i also remember correctly, that we hit the post/bar, more than any other team in Championship this last season ?
Could be a useless stat, but at least it shows we were creating chances, even if we weren't quite finishing them.
That’s right! I think that stat was ridiculous...in terms of the number of times we hit the woodwork compared to others. It wasn’t like one or two more times...more like 10 more times or something. Although I think someone on here pointed out that we went into to score immediately after a few of those. But still...

And of course when O’hare finds his scoring boots we’ll be laughing.

Sky Blue Pete

Nah I’m joking, all of those signings were brilliant and I hope he gets it wrong in the summer.

Which part was not serious?
Not an awful lot to shout about. Nope just one cup two promotions and staying in championship. I think we should take robins out the back and beat the crap out of him lol

D

Deleted member 11652

Not an awful lot to shout about. Nope just one cup two promotions and staying in championship. I think we should take robins out the back and beat the crap out of him lol

Meaning not many of the players were worth shouting about. I didn’t think it was difficult to understand.

Sky Blue Pete

Meaning not many of the players were worth shouting about. I didn’t think it was difficult to understand.
No your negativity is completely easy to understand don’t worry.
You have to speculate in order to come up trumps. Off that list hiwula Ohare westbrooke Allen bright and luke Thomas were all excellent. We’ve progressed so much that people recruited are left behind

SBT

Vincenti
Andreu
Westbrooke
Barrett
Maguire Drew
Hiwula
Allassani
Wakefield
Luke Thomas
Bright
Allen
O’hare

Jobello
Kastaneer
Hilssner

Six who were objectively good (underlined)
Two who were objectively shit (struck out)
Four who got derailed by serious injury (in red)
The rest were just stopgaps or lottery tickets

Not like anyone's going to die on a hill for most of those players, but silly to suggest MR has some kind of weird mental block for signing attackers either.

D

Deleted member 11652

No your negativity is completely easy to understand don’t worry.
You have to speculate in order to come up trumps. Off that list hiwula Ohare westbrooke Allen bright and luke Thomas were all excellent. We’ve progressed so much that people recruited are left behind

O’hare and Bright were excellent. Westbrooke, Allen and Thomas were good. The rest failures.

Not like anyone's going to die on a hill for most of those players, but silly to suggest MR has some kind of weird mental block for signing attackers either.

NortonSkyBlue

O’hare and Bright were excellent. Westbrooke, Allen and Thomas were good. The rest failures.
When Kelly got injured against Stoke recently trying to prevent a goal against, when Marosi took a boot in the face they did it wearing our badge and to call anybody injured in the line of duty a failure actually shows where you are from. Hiwula top scorer? a failure? Development players who don't reach the level you expect yet 90% of all development players fall by the wayside. I think you have very high standards that Mark Robins can't possibly match. I think you should be on the other Sky Blues forum to faun over Pep, if he's good enough of course.

D

Deleted member 11652

When Kelly got injured against Stoke recently trying to prevent a goal against, when Marosi took a boot in the face they did it wearing our badge and to call anybody injured in the line of duty a failure actually shows where you are from. Hiwula top scorer? a failure? Development players who don't reach the level you expect yet 90% of all development players fall by the wayside. I think you have very high standards that Mark Robins can't possibly match. I think you should be on the other Sky Blues forum to faun over Pep, if he's good enough of course.

Nah you’re right. Everyone Robins has signed is a success. Long live the King

Ccfcisparks

No idea how reliable this source is but Hamer linked with a few clubs... it begins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Surprising, because I've been told on here we would struggle to get our money back for him.

SBAndy

Hertsccfc

Agree with all that, although I would say Barratt was terrible

Users who are viewing this thread