21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (21 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 2477

IMO we need

Starting GK (Westwood anyone?)
2 new CBs
LB
James
Liam Walsh (do a straight swap for O'Hare + maybe a bit of cash and laugh about the daylight robbery)
New AM
Couple of wingers (Ashley Cain + 1 other)
New striker
So litteraly a whole new team then. Has MR found a money tree growing in his garden and you would swap O’hare for a player who hasnt played all season due to injury and performed for us in league1 but cant get into a poor Brisol city team who in the bottom half of the championship

D

Deleted member 2477

Westwood probably my favourite ever city player, being a burge-esque keeper myself. Would love to have him back! Don’t think it will happen though 😭
He certainly wont want to stay in l1 and is now getting on a bit so why not ?

Blind-Faith

His wages would be just too much I think. I don’t want to dream too much as it would be to painful when we don’t sign him 😂

Yorkshire SB

Need 3 or 4 permanent signings that are an improvement on the starting line up. Then ideally 5 loans in to bolster the squad.

I think we need more pace, creativity and options going forward, this year we were a bit blunt going forward.

Fadz, Kelly, Biamou all get new one year deals - which they’d hopefully sign
Would be ideal if we could get McCallum back for a season.
James perfect for CM

Would still need
1 x CM
2 x CBs
2/3 attacking wide players who gives us a different way of playing

edit- a new GK too

Last edited:

Grendel

So litteraly a whole new team then. Has MR found a money tree growing in his garden and you would swap O’hare for a player who hasnt played all season due to injury and performed for us in league1 but cant get into a poor Brisol city team who in the bottom half of the championship

We will probably see at least 11 players depart so we do need a new team yes

Garryb80

Need 3 or 4 permanent signings that are an improvement on the starting line up. Then ideally 5 loans in to bolster the squad.

I think we need more pace, creativity and options going forward, this year we were a bit blunt going forward.

Fadz, Kelly, Biamou all get new one year deals - which they’d hopefully sign
Would be ideal if we could get McCallum back for a season.
James perfect for CM

Would still need
1 x CM
2 x CBs
2/3 attacking wide players who gives us a different way of playing

edit- a new GK too
James yes the rest not so sure. Kelly and McFadzean personally i would keep but i suspect they want longer than 1 year contracts which i wouldnt offer. Biamou should not be offered any length contract he isnt up to the standard required.
McCallum will be loaned to a higher placed team than us. Not point in Norwich sending him here again he learns nothing new.
We need 2 CB agreed as Ostigard wont be back despite the love for him. 1 LB definitely 1 AM as O'Hare cant play all the time and needs competition. No point signing wide players as Robins doesnt use them
A lot depends on the outgoings though. Can we shift any or all of the below:
Jobello, Kastaneer, Hillssner, Allen, Shipley, Mason and likely Marosi

Sky Blue Pete

I really hope we don't get McCallum back, although he has absolute zero chance of getting any game time in the Premier League so it will probably happen. Don't get me wrong, he's played well recently (most of the team have), but it's just glossing over the fact he's extremely average at best for most of the season.
Your missing the point - he’s progressing year on year. The championship club that has him next season will have a top performing left sided defender

TM8792

If we want to crack on and make a push for the top half of the table then yes, we will almost definitely need an entire new team with the exception of a couple. What have you seen this season that makes you think our current crop of players could manage it over 46 games?

SlowerThanPlatt

😂😂😂😂😂

I honestly think Coventry fans are the most deluded in the country. Laughable.

He is only 20 tbf and has done okay this season in the main for a struggling team. His next loan move will be make or break I feel, Norwich haven’t been averse to sending their youngsters abroad

Sky Blue Pete

If we want to crack on and make a push for the top half of the table then yes, we will almost definitely need an entire new team with the exception of a couple. What have you seen this season that makes you think our current crop of players could manage it over 46 games?
It’s slower than 11 new first team players each year

First Team next year will include

New Gk
Dabo
New cb
Possibly mcfadzean
Hyam
New lb
Hamer
James
Ohare
Walker
Possibly Godden

Bench

Kelly
Rose
One of Marosi / Wilson
Eccles

So a couple of improved free agents and maybe one or two purchases and 2-3 loans of the impact of osti you can see the progression

Like Shmee the defence is our priority including a keeper but I expect quick movement on kelly mcfadzean and james if the price is right

I expect shipley Allen hillsner Biamou baka Kastaneer to all leave and none of the other loans to come back

Brighton Sky Blue

New Gk
Dabo
New cb
Possibly mcfadzean
Hyam
New lb
Hamer
James
Ohare
Walker
Possibly Godden

Bench

Kelly
Rose
One of Marosi / Wilson
Eccles

So a couple of improved free agents and maybe one or two purchases and 2-3 loans of the impact of osti you can see the progression

Like Shmee the defence is our priority including a keeper but I expect quick movement on kelly mcfadzean and james if the price is right

I expect shipley Allen hillsner Biamou baka Kastaneer to all leave and none of the other loans to come back

I don’t see how we get Kasta and especially Hilssner off the books, the former knows he’s on his last pro contract and the latter has 2 years left.

Sky Blue Pete

I don’t see how we get Kasta and especially Hilssner off the books, the former knows he’s on his last pro contract and the latter has 2 years left.
Professional pride. They won’t be on massive salaries as signed for league 1 but the money we are paying them is completely wasted as they won’t play as they are nowhere near the level required

SlowerThanPlatt

Hilssner appears to have a decent attitude tbf and had success in the lower divisions of Germany so should be able to get a move back there. Kastaneer well I don’t see why anyone would want him

Brighton Sky Blue

Professional pride. They won’t be on massive salaries as signed for league 1 but the money we are paying them is completely wasted as they won’t play as they are nowhere near the level required

Kasta hasn’t got any, he’ll be content riding his contract to the end. Hilssner I agree but still got to find someone who’ll take him and being unfit and unable to get into the Oldham squad isn’t a ringing endorsement. The rest we can offload no problem.

Grendel

Kasta hasn’t got any, he’ll be content riding his contract to the end. Hilssner I agree but still got to find someone who’ll take him and being unfit and unable to get into the Oldham squad isn’t a ringing endorsement. The rest we can offload no problem.

We have Mason who will never play and Jobello

AFCCOVENTRY

Maybe we can offer Kasta to Sunderland and £10

Torquay Sky Blue

I see Eccles forcing his way into the midfield next season but is there to be any other youngsters breaking through ie Bagapa or Drysdale etc.

Grendel

Mason unless mistaken is out of contract and Jobello I think will take a transfer out if offered. Kasta will refuse and ride out another year

No we resigned mason on an improved contract until June 2022

Magwitch1

New Gk
Dabo
New cb
Possibly mcfadzean
Hyam
New lb
Hamer
James
Ohare
Walker
Possibly Godden

Bench

Kelly
Rose
One of Marosi / Wilson
Eccles

I’m certain MR will draft in another striker to seriously challenge Walker and Godden and atleast a couple of left sided playets to balance the team.
We will have two or three youngsters knocking the first team door too.
I think Robins will try for Osti on a permanent too. But there are going to be a lot of released decent players around too, going to be an interesting close season.

SeaSeeEffCee

You'd hope we'd be able to find a lower league German club willing to take Hilssner. Mason I imagine would be keen to player so shouldn't be too hard to shift. Jobello seems fairly unhappy that he's not playing so he'll hopefully leave too. Kasta is the one who will be impossible to shift, just have to hope he's not on too much and we can pay him up.

CCFColi

We were rumoured to be looking at Lawrence Shankland. Seems to have a good record in the Scottish Prem. Might be out of our price range though. Possibly could do a job in the Championship, but a gamble, which I suppose is like any transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread