21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (9 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

giphy.gif

Great_Expectations

Disappointed about James, but not devastated. He become more influential and impressive the more he played, but I don’t think he’s a unique player and we’ll hopefully have similar targets in mind.

Obviously not everyone’s cup of tea, but Sheaf can be just as good. He’s not as experienced, confident or cultured yet, but absolutely signs he can quietly influence games as Kelly/James do.

mark82

Disappointed about James, but not devastated. He become more influential and impressive the more he played, but I don’t think he’s a unique player and we’ll hopefully have similar targets in mind.

Obviously not everyone’s cup of tea, but Sheaf can be just as good. He’s not as experienced, confident or cultured yet, but absolutely signs he can quietly influence games as Kelly/James do.

Yep, James is a disappointing one but I suspect we'll be ok.

slowpoke

Matty James has signed for nobody yet. Dave Boddy has gone on record that a number of our transfer dealings are still in place and ready to go when the time is right, wether or not that includes James we will soon find out but I’m certain Mark Robins knows his intentions and has done for weeks same with Ostigard. Players still away on their holidays probably until the end of June. It will be back end of next week when things should become clearer.

Last edited:

CDK

Bristol havent signed him yet so will wait and see as he could be in at CBS arena already the whole signing of players right now is a strange one to me and I get players are in contract till end of June but it hasn't stopped us in previous years from announcing players .the only thing it could be is this Covid financial position of the club.

Marty

Could be any number of reasons we haven't signed/announced anyone, for all we know, we've signed 5 players and waiting for the Ricoh in the seats to be swapped for CBS, so they can unveil them in front of the new shiny sponsorship.

jordan210

I wonder if with Matty James depends on what club is willing to keep him on after his playing career as a coach.

With the injuries he has had he must always be thinking about a back up plan.

Hadji's_Goatee

Is Matty James still under contract at Leicester until the end of the month? He'd want to pick up his 70k over the next couple of weeks if he is – might have something to do with announcing any move 🤷‍♂️

CDK

Is Matty James still under contract at Leicester until the end of the month? He'd want to pick up his 70k over the next couple of weeks if he is – might have something to do with announcing any move 🤷‍♂️
Looked on there website wether still in contract but could find any info.

Garryb80

All players contracts run til 30th June. Doesn't stop anybody signing elsewhere or being announced as new contracts start 1st july

shmmeee

Anyone else get the feeling we’re getting gazumped a lot this summer?

I think signing wise this will be the toughest close season Robins has had.

shmmeee

To improve the squad yeah it’s the toughest within the tight financial parameters that we are under

It’s not just that. We’re not fishing at the edge of the pond offering kids a chance to play Championship football any more, we’re an established side looking at players other established sides are after but with a fraction of the budget. Also our recruitment will have almost certainly encouraged a few to just follow us and outbid on players we’re looking at as we’ve shown we can identify talent. Plus Brexit cutting off a huge pool of talent.

Seb

There is still a lot of time to get multiple signings in. I don't understand the need to have a signing announced for the sake of it when Boddy has said everything is going as planned. Just need to be patient and have faith!

TomS91

There is still a lot of time to get multiple signings in. I don't understand the need to have a signing announced for the sake of it when Boddy has said everything is going as planned. Just need to be patient and have faith!

I would be worried if it was Mowbray and Venus in charge. But I have faith in Robins and Badlan to get the right players in.

QPR and Luton are the only teams in our league that have done good business so far IMO. Other than that teams have either signed nobody or their signings don't look anything special.

Reactions: Seb

Users who are viewing this thread