21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (5 Viewers)

no_loyalty

Ravel Morrison.

Sick Boy

A couple of Brighton mates seem to think we have zero chance of signing Ostigard, they have high hopes for him.

Speedies_Chips

get rid of
Kastaneer/ Bakayoko/ Allen/ Jobello/ Marosi/ Mason + a few of the u23s who arent going to make it eg Bremang comes to mind

Keep
Shipley (hoping he can move forwards after a disappointing season) /Biamou (A great bench option)

Key will be the recruitment espscially the loans - as they will influence whether we are top half or relegated (or somewhere in between)
I think it's pretty clear now that Shipley isn't going to make it at Chanmpionship level. He has been a passenger in too many games and his fitness level is poor. At he age he is at , I don't think any of that is going to improve and I think MR has come to that conclusion too. He doesnt even bring him off the bench anymore.
I don't even think he was that good last season in L1, although a lot of people will disagree with me. He had some good moments, but even more ineffective moments and still blew out of his arse after 30 mins.

chiefdave

A couple of Brighton mates seem to think we have zero chance of signing Ostigard, they have high hopes for him.
Didn't he say in his interview with the Athletic that he didn't want to be at Brighton if he wasn't playing and that Brighton would have to sell players for that to happen? All well and good them having big plans for him but if he wants to play and thinks that won't happen there why would't he look elsewhere? Not that it necessarily means he ends up here.

Brighton Sky Blue

Didn't he say in his interview with the Athletic that he didn't want to be at Brighton if he wasn't playing and that Brighton would have to sell players for that to happen? All well and good them having big plans for him but if he wants to play and thinks that won't happen there why would't he look elsewhere? Not that it necessarily means he ends up here.

If they trigger the extension clause and demand a big fee for him there's not a great deal anyone can do about it including him. Interesting no German clubs have approached him for a Bosman

procdoc

If they trigger the extension clause and demand a big fee for him there's not a great deal anyone can do about it including him. Interesting no German clubs have approached him for a Bosman
I’m willing to bet any money his agent has spoken to clubs about him, including us

Brighton Sky Blue

I’m willing to bet any money his agent has spoken to clubs about him, including us

Agree, but foreign clubs could have started negotiating with him in January. Assuming Brighton haven't triggered it on the basis they want PL status confirmed, unless they're the type to leave it to the last minute once the player returns.

Liquid Gold

He’s been happy to be contracted to Brighton while out on loan the last two seasons. I don’t see why it would be any different next year if they activated the extra year.

Magwitch1

The way Osti has been talking and acting I reckon a lot of talking has been done, I think he will be here next season perhaps the same sort of deal we had with Ben Sheaf suits both partys I’d think.

junglej13

@better days you heard anything about any potential targets for the summer? Be interesting to see whether we still target players abroad. We were linked in January with an ex Man City centre back plying his trade in Europe somewhere I recall.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Preston fans know he’s over rated unlike many on here who felt he was the next Gaza 🤣

Be alright if he was an ACM who ghosted into the area without warning or could fire shots from outside the area.

Although I think his goal celebration of taking all his clothes off went a bit far.

ccfc1234

New GK - One of the many Prem loanees will do
LWB - McCallum or the lad from Shrewsbury
CB - Østigård
CB - Panzo
CM - James
CM - Walsh
AM - Prem loanee
ST - Ugbo

New GF - Kate Upton
Impressive list and if we can get those I would be very happy. Is Panzo left footed ie left centre back.

Edit - just looked in more detail and if we could secure those players we might be an outside chance of the playoffs!

Any guess on the total outlay that might represent?

skyblue025

no better than what we have
Scored 14 league goals last season and 9 So far this season despite not always starting. That is better than what we have. Realistically he's what we can afford and and an upgrade on Max and Baka. I think Godden and Walker would play well off him.

SleepyGinger

Ashley Fletcher is being released by Middlesbrough
That caught my eye too, his goal record isn’t brilliant but he’s got all the tools, physical, quick, has good technique. 6ft2 and still only 25.Man united academy had a good loan spell at barnsley that eventually led to boro paying £6.5m for him. Could be the next bakayoko if we signed him but could be worth taking on a free if wages aren’t too ridiculous and robins thinks he could get the best out of him.

Last edited:

Winny the Bish

That caught my eye too, his goal record isn’t brilliant but he’s got all the tools, physical, quick, has good technique. 6ft2 and still only 25.Man united academy had a good loan spell at barnsley that eventually led to boro paying £6.5m for him. Could be the next bakayoko if we signed him but could be worth taking on a free if wages aren’t too ridiculous and robins thinks he could get the best out of him.
Fletcher and Assombalonga both released. Warnock said they've already got clubs lined up for next season so didn't want them around anymore.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

If we cant keep Mccallum for another season which I honestly dont think we will we will miss those long throws which have lead to several crucial goals the last few games.

would be nice to pick a player up who has this in their armoury. Any suggestions ?
A Rotherham player has it cant remember his name though

Sky_Blue_Daz

There’s a young lad at Celtic called Ismailia Soro great midfielder. Hasn’t been getting a look in but would be a great addition . Even a loan bid

South West Sky Blue

Rather pop a bid in for Josh Windass personally.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]

Windlass was the player I had in mind before the thread started. Fits our model (which we seem determined to stick to). Clubs prey on those in weaker positions.
Sounds a bit harsh, but that’s what professional football is. We’ve normally been the “victim” in these cases. Would be nice to be a benefactor. Aloisi, Kelly and Westwood spring to minds.
The cream of the relegated clubs at the moment for me would be Bannan and Windass.
Windass would command a compo fee at least though. My guess is around £300k. Salary of 10k p/w allegedly as well. Not convinced....

skyblue025

Assombalonga on a staggering 40k a week a boro. Has scored 5 league goals this season in 10 games more than it was taken Matty Godden to score 5. It's a no from me.

SlowerThanPlatt

Couple of U23 players out of contract this summer:

Reece Devine - CB/LB - Man Utd. Was normally a LB but played most of his games for United at CB this season. Could be an option for our troublesome LCB spot. 6'0 so not bad height, good pace, strong in a tackle. I know you all love a YouTube compilation so here you go.

Marcel Lewis - LW/AM - Chelsea. 4 goals, 7 assists this season. Been linked with a PL and Bundesliga move but could be agent bollocks. YouTube comp here.

Charlie McCann - CM/AM - Man Utd. Signed by United from Cov's academy. Was an England youth winger/10 when they bought him but United have tried turning him into a holding midfielder with mixed success. If he gets released and goes somewhere that isn't Cov I'll be fuming. Played a more attacking role in this game against Southampton and bagged twice including a Bergkamp-esque effort.

Tom Clayton - CB - Liverpool. Another left-footed CB and potentially their U23s captain. Played basically every game this season. Scored 3 goals. Can also play DM and LB.

Nathan Broadhead - ST/AM - Everton. 16 games, 9 goals. Believe he played against City while on loan at Burton last season. Had 2 goals and 2 assists in 19 games with Burton while playing left wing. Can play either wing and up front. Talented player but 23 now and needs a move.

McCann played last night for United’s 23s and created the first two goals in a 4-2 win over Chelsea. Dujon Sterling was also playing.

If he leaves United he’ll probably go abroad. Only slight chance we may have is that the current 23s coach coached him at U15/U16

Very talented player

Users who are viewing this thread