21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (2 Viewers)

Frostie

Bit out of nowhere but if we wanna let Fadz go but would like an experienced centre back still, could we tempt Steven Caulker from Turkey? At 29 he shouldn't be completely past it either.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Not sure how realistic that would be but seriously fair play to him for turning his career (and life) around this year 👏🏻

TomRad85

Not sure how realistic that would be but seriously fair play to him for turning his career (and life) around this year
I don't know what kinda wages Turkish clubs outside of the top 4 or 5 pay. Its probably not as unrealistic as it sounds. But yes fair play to the bloke.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

James Collins is out of contract. Worth a go?

Think the time to sign him has passed. Doesn't fit into our model and likely to want quite a bit and be first choice.

If we sign him I wouldn't be displeased, but might wonder if we could've got someone similar but younger and with better resale.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Bit out of nowhere but if we wanna let Fadz go but would like an experienced centre back still, could we tempt Steven Caulker from Turkey? At 29 he shouldn't be completely past it either.

Is he really only 29? I'd have thought he'd be about 36 by now. Weird how some players you always think of a being a lot younger than they are, others much older.

Jesse Carver

New GK - One of the many Prem loanees will do
LWB - McCallum or the lad from Shrewsbury
CB - Østigård
CB - Panzo
CM - James
CM - Walsh
AM - Prem loanee
ST - Ugbo

New GF - Kate Upton

Cercle Brugge have a £5m option to buy on Ugbo and Panzo cost Dijon c£3m last summer so would imagine both will be out of our price range.

Saddlebrains

Keep banging the drum but Jamie Paterson from Brizzle is out of contract.

Dont usually buy the whole 'ooo hes a cov kid' hype, but hes genuinely a great player, who wouldn't command too ridiculous of a wage and is very similar to O'Hare but with more championship experience.

We got very lucky O'Hare stayed injury free this season. We need someone very similar to him to help us tick over

Last edited:

Saddlebrains

Get Bayliss back cos Preston fans can’t understand why he just sits in the stands. Seems like he’s only had 9 games all season

Thing is, he's not played at least 30 or so championship games.

I know we have budget constraints but i think its imperative now that we go for players with at least some semblance of Championship experience.

No coincidence in my view that we had the least experienced championship squad and we were riddled with mistakes and stupid decision making until the lads had got a good 30 odd games under their belts.

SBAndy

Keep banging the drum but Jamie Paterson from Brizzle is out of contract.

Dont usually buy the whole 'ooo hes a cov kid' hype, but hes genuinely a great player, who wouldn't command too ridiculous of a wage and is very similar to O'Hare but with more championship experience.

We got very lucky O'Hare stayed injury free this season. We need someone very similar to him to help us tick over

Could also play out wide if we needed to switch it up.

Users who are viewing this thread