21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (14 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

No one sure if he has turned it down or has not signed it yet.

Around 11 is Bristols retained list announced
Thats just the rumours on the Bristol side of things. Weimann and Simpson the 2 of the 13 to resign. If Walsh is available I'd be amazed if we dont go for him.

jordan210

Thats just the rumours on the Bristol side of things. Weimann and Simpson the 2 of the 13 to resign. If Walsh is available I'd be amazed if we dont go for him.

I would guess wages will be an issue. As he is relatively unproven in the Championship but would guess demand high wage. With his injuries on top of that. Could prove to be an issue.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I would guess wages will be an issue. As he is relatively unproven in the Championship but would guess demand high wage. With his injuries on top of that. Could prove to be an issue.
Why is there an assumption wages will be an issue.

As you’ve said he’s unproven in the championship, he won’t be demanding anymore wages than say O’Hare is on.

I’ve said it before, if we had the budget people assume we’ve got, we’re in serious trouble next season

Skyblueweeman

One thing is for sure...if MR wants Walsh back, he'll be more than aware of the situation and will have spoken to Walsh about coming back. If Walsh leaves BCFC but ends up elsewhere, it'll be for more money or he simply didn't fancy coming back to Cov.

jordan210

Why is there an assumption wages will be an issue.

As you’ve said he’s unproven in the championship, he won’t be demanding anymore wages than say O’Hare is on.

I’ve said it before, if we had the budget people assume we’ve got, we’re in serious trouble next season

Its rumoured he is on around 6K a week what's about the same as what Hamer is on apparently. Sheaf was on around 5k so would depend if we sign him or not. (these a rumour wages) FYI COH is one of our highest paid players.

Wage is always an issue in any job. Esp if trying to sign a player who hasn't played a full match for a year

chiefdave

Wages would depend on how much demand there is for him. He's managed about 120 minutes of football this season. His only prior championship experience is a couple of seasons with less than 10 appearances in 17/18 and 18/19.

I'd definitely have him back, if we are confident of his fitness and structure the deal accordingly, but I'm not convinced there will be a queue of Championship clubs waiting with blank cheques.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Its rumoured he is on around 6K a week what's about the same as what Hamer is on apparently. Sheaf was on around 5k so would depend if we sign him or not. (these a rumour wages) FYI COH is one of our highest paid players.

Wage is always an issue in any job. Esp if trying to sign a player who hasn't played a full match for a year
Isn’t O’Hare Rumoured to be on 10k? As we acclimatise to the championship our wage bill will rise.

We could easily go up to the 10k mark for 2/3 players. Likelyhood is we we’re paying James over this whilst he was on loan

I’d hazard a guess, Walsh will be closer to 6k than 10k. As you’ve said he’s unproven, nobody is going to pay 10k for a guy who’s not really played championship football and been out for a year

Liquid Gold

If it’s true that he’s rejected a contract then he’d be mad to take one somewhere else just because it’s on higher money when he can just come here, play for a manager that trusts him and a style that suits him or just stay where he is on the higher wage and not have to move or any other hassle.

jordan210

If it’s true that he’s rejected a contract then he’d be mad to take one somewhere else just because it’s on higher money when he can just come here, play for a manager that trusts him and a style that suits him or just stay where he is on the higher wage and not have to move or any other hassle.

Don't be coming here with logic.

Reading a few Bristol papers no one knows what's going on with him. As apparently negotiations are going. But others say he is leaving.

junglej13

Bugsy

I think Walsh has been released...PUSB

Marty

If those figures are correct we could pay Walsh upto 10k a week (3 year contract) and it'll cost us no more then the sheaf transfer. Assuming 5k wages and 750k transfer fee.

Liquid Gold

Said a while ago I’d be surprised if it didn’t happen. Even more so now because:
1. He’s available on a free
2. Hamer clearly wants out
3. Fadz talked about just waiting a year to sign with Osti, Walsh probably would have had the same treatment.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm sure we'll be putting some sort of deal on the table, dependent on the injury. Having not played a year and that injury may well put some off and his time here will give us a bit of a boost above others, so I reckon we'd have a good chance.

It's more to do with the players we have in that position. We've got Hamer and Kelly with two years on their contracts, Sheaf who I feel pretty certain will be coming in and Eccles pushing to come through. Then there is the potential of James coming in too.

So from that i reckon we'd be looking to sell Allen and Shipley as well as offload kasta, Jobello and Hilssner if possible. This would give us some room in the midfield options.

It could also be a factor of Hamer. If there are potential suitors willing to pay a decent price for him and we could replace him with a fre on similar wages the club may just go for that.

Liquid Gold

I'm sure we'll be putting some sort of deal on the table, dependent on the injury. Having not played a year and that injury may well put some off and his time here will give us a bit of a boost above others, so I reckon we'd have a good chance.

It's more to do with the players we have in that position. We've got Hamer and Kelly with two years on their contracts, Sheaf who I feel pretty certain will be coming in and Eccles pushing to come through. Then there is the potential of James coming in too.

So from that i reckon we'd be looking to sell Allen and Shipley as well as offload kasta, Jobello and Hilssner if possible. This would give us some room in the midfield options.

It could also be a factor of Hamer. If there are potential suitors willing to pay a decent price for him and we could replace him with a fre on similar wages the club may just go for that.
Midfield 4 next season of Kelly, James, Sheaf and Walsh would be excellent.

Hamer will be sold, Eccles should go to a season loan in L1 and Allen and Shipley are for the attacking roles, even then we’ll be looking at moving at least one of them on.

Users who are viewing this thread