21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (4 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

I can’t remember, did Forest want to sell him or did he push for the move to play regularly?

slowpoke

Robins has said he has a bit of cash available to bring two more in does that include Clarke-Salter I suppose it does but you never know Robins is cute in his dealings.

CDK

Who cares? Genuinely not bothered about him. If Rose plays at the same standard he did yesterday then he's a much better bet than Osti anyway
Couldn't give a monkeys about osti good riddance on a personal level .
Think it would be a bonus finding a player that could play accross the left side. Of the back line and there club want to get the player more first team experience.

Sky Blue Pete

If we’re selling a striker I’d rather Waghorn on yesterday’s showing he’s the worst of the four and the oldest. Gutted if we flog Walker. Would make me even more convinced someone’s fucked something up with the finances unless we turned around and got a similar high potential player in elsewhere.
Covid????

shmmeee

Covid????

Yeah heard it all before mate. It’s bollocks though isn’t it? We aren’t and never have been self sustaining and probably lost less comparatively than any other club as our baseline was 7k at St Andrew’s which we’d already budgeted for. And we had 3k twats like myself but a ST with no ST out of the kindness of our hearts.

This is going to be it now Boddys set that scene “lol sorry COVID”.

If it’s COVID WTF bring Waghorn in on massive wages and no resale value? Insanity.

Last edited:

Samo

Who cares? Genuinely not bothered about him. If Rose plays at the same standard he did yesterday then he's a much better bet than Osti anyway

I do. He's an absolute monster and will be worth a bundle in few years, it would have been nice to see us cash in on that.

Brighton Sky Blue

Didn't say its 100% gonna happen, I'm only passing on from a former players brother in law who was at the game yesterday!

giphy.gif

slowpoke

If we’re selling a striker I’d rather Waghorn on yesterday’s showing he’s the worst of the four and the oldest. Gutted if we flog Walker. Would make me even more convinced someone’s fucked something up with the finances unless we turned around and got a similar high potential player in elsewhere.
You are at it again singling out an individual, Waghorn wasn’t brilliant the first half Sunday but who was.
There is no way Robins will let Waghorn go.

Sky Blue Pete

Yeah heard it all before mate. It’s bollocks though isn’t it? We aren’t and never have been self sustaining and probably lost less comparatively than any other club as our baseline was 7k at St Andrew’s which we’d already budgeted for. And we had 3k twats like myself but a ST with no ST out of the kindness of our hearts.

This is going to be it now Boddys set that scene “lol sorry COVID”.

If it’s COVID WTF bring Waghorn in on massive wages and no resale value? Insanity.
Notice the many question marks
Do you doubt that Covid has had an impact?
Do you think bringing in an experienced championship striker is a bad idea?
Where does the money come from if not from attendance and transfer fees?

Thin air?

And we probably did lose less but we will still have lost lots. I don’t get it what’s the answer?

Sell the club and …. Invest money we don’t have

Sky Blue Harry H

Thought this was the mega transfer thread. Last umpteen posts just on about our current strikers, with a bit if Max mischief thrown in for good measure 😂

long way home

Things change quickly in football any given training session, game or reaction to a conversation could determine a future of a player at any club. Walker will be treated no different, if MR thinks he can improve that position he will look at those in that area and make a decision, no time for sentiment. MR is pushing this club on with players that can help him reach a target I'm sure he has set. He is ruthless and I don't think he makes any apology for being like it or excuses for decisions he makes.

2 more loans will come in and I'm sure some not involved on Sunday will be loaned out or sold. If he can raise a fee for a player that allows a perm signing I'm sure MR is open minded to all. This is a long season in a very physical league, he needs as good a player on the bench as on the field and that cannot stop being the motivation for a manager to improve his players.

Some will be left behind or told to leave, either way Walker will have to perform or the door is closer than the field. MR wants players, not takers, it's pretty clear he doesn't take long to work a player out or the level that player can help the club get to.

NorthernWisdom

Notice the many question marks
Do you doubt that Covid has had an impact?
Do you think bringing in an experienced championship striker is a bad idea?
Where does the money come from if not from attendance and transfer fees?

Thin air?

And we probably did lose less but we will still have lost lots. I don’t get it what’s the answer?

Sell the club and …. Invest money we don’t have
If bringing in Waghorn means Walker leaves them yes, it's a bad move.

Yorkshire SB

If we could get back what we paid for Walker I’d do it. You’d need Godden to be fit to make sure we had cover for that position though.

djr8369

I can't see the benefit in selling Walker, surely we would need a replacement and that would not come cheap
I can only imagine, if true, it would be to free up wages for another position with one of the young lads as cover. With 4 senior strikers under U23 forwards have no chance of getting game time.

If Godden and another get injured though suddenly we’re really thin up front though but with a couple of injuries in the same position we are thin everywhere.

CDK

Things change quickly in football any given training session, game or reaction to a conversation could determine a future of a player at any club. Walker will be treated no different, if MR thinks he can improve that position he will look at those in that area and make a decision, no time for sentiment. MR is pushing this club on with players that can help him reach a target I'm sure he has set. He is ruthless and I don't think he makes any apology for being like it or excuses for decisions he makes.

2 more loans will come in and I'm sure some not involved on Sunday will be loaned out or sold. If he can raise a fee for a player that allows a perm signing I'm sure MR is open minded to all. This is a long season in a very physical league, he needs as good a player on the bench as on the field and that cannot stop being the motivation for a manager to improve his players.

Some will be left behind or told to leave, either way Walker will have to perform or the door is closer than the field. MR wants players, not takers, it's pretty clear he doesn't take long to work a player out or the level that player can help the club get to.
On being ruthless with waggorn I thinks he's made a move already with signing cashmann from Brighton on a free he robins as always looking to the future,with tavaras also who I think will feature v Northampton this week feel he's already looking at players of the future and development of the team.

Esoterica

Trying to get rid of Walker sounds like the kind of rumour made up by someone who thinks he looks uninterested on the pitch to back up their own preconceptions. Only way I could see him leaving is if he's unhappy being behind Gyo and Waghorn and even then I don't think we'd get anything like the money back that we paid the way the market is currently, so also not going to happen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread