21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (5 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

From what I’ve heard Reid is a capable defender but lacks attacking threat, he wouldn’t be able to play the role Maatsen or Jones did yesterday.

He should go out on loan, don’t know the lads character but imagine you could get disillusioned quickly coming from a first team environment to having a winger played over you.

Brighton Sky Blue

From what I’ve heard Reid is a capable defender but lacks attacking threat, he wouldn’t be able to play the role Maatsen or Jones did yesterday.

He should go out on loan, don’t know the lads character but imagine you could get disillusioned quickly coming from a first team environment to having a winger played over you.

Sure he will once a second LWB is through the door.

djr8369

With kelly nearly fit, and Eccles due back at christmas, and Jones and Bright being cover for O'hare not to mention Hawley coming through, do we really need another CM in on loan?
If we bring in another CM, we will be tempted to play 1 upfront to accommodate him, which would be a negative move imho.
If we only have the money for 2 loans I'd rather have a CB and another LWB.
Yeah there’s plenty of players in the position. Question is more about the quality of the backup I think. If we moved on say Shipley and Allen maybe there would be the wage money for a PL loan.

steve cooper

With kelly nearly fit, and Eccles due back at christmas, and Jones and Bright being cover for O'hare not to mention Hawley coming through, do we really need another CM in on loan?
If we bring in another CM, we will be tempted to play 1 upfront to accommodate him, which would be a negative move imho.
I really think MR is thinking JJ as cover for O'Hare, and Bright is cover for JJ given his injury history.

Legia Sky Blue

I don't see us having 2 left backs on loan. By definition one will not play, which is not going to please the loaning club. A more likely scenario is a left sided central defender who can also play left back. A kind of modern day Herman Hreidarsson, but the younger version, rather than the one that joined us. I guess Soare fitted that type when we had him on trial too, but obviously looks like we decided against him.

Gynnsthetonic

I heard from a quite reliable source that we are trying to offload Tyler Walker, only passing it on so don't shoot me down, he's on a big wage apparently.

cc84cov

I heard from a quite reliable source that we are trying to offload Tyler Walker, only passing it on so don't shoot me down, he's on a big wage apparently.
No chance robins chased him for long enough I can’t see him being on a bigger wage than Waghorn

Ollie1998

Depends when Kelly comes back… does anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DannyThomas_1981

No chance robins chased him for long enough I can’t see him being on a bigger wage than Waghorn

Agreed 84 but Robins always chased Chaplin for ages but was quick to let him go when it wasn't working out; Robins is quietly ruthless. Maybe there's an opportunity to bring in someone on high wages in another position where the budget can best be used - we've got plenty of cover up front? Who knows? Until that time Walker has my full support - there's a player there.

cc84cov

Agreed 84 but Robins always chased Chaplin for ages but was quick to let him go when it wasn't working out; Robins is quietly ruthless. Maybe there's an opportunity to bring in someone on high wages in another position where the budget can best be used - we've got plenty of cover up front? Who knows? Until that time Walker has my full support - there's a player there.
I don’t think robins wanted Chaplin to go

SlowerThanPlatt

And I suppose they could recoup their money quite easily on him to a League 1 side like Ipswich or Sunderland

Brighton Sky Blue

We have 4 forwards and Walker is the highest potential of the lot. It would be pretty foolhardy to say the least without an exceptional reason

Bugsy

Osti now is the time to take the time to back your observations about playing in front of sky blue army ,join us for the ride.

Just hope Viktor has had a word with Ostigard to turn his head after yesterday about what it's like to be playing in front of the skyblue army...PUSB

COV

Would be the wrong move imo, and doesn’t speak well for the recruitment team if we are trying to ditch him after one season.

don’t agree with that, things change very quickly. And nobody knows what’s going on behind the scenes.

Brighton Sky Blue

Unlikely
Robins has the last word
With Chaplin he wasn't first choice and got the chance to go somewhere he thought he'd play as well as probably increasing his money
I haven't heard any whispers about Walker but I suppose he could be in a similar position

I don’t see him having that many suitors either unless in the league below

Liquid Gold

Walker isn't the high press type so I could see why he'd be most likely to be moved on out of the group.

I would keep him personally, although if moving him on meant we could add a couple of quality permanents at the back I'd be tempted.

Brighton Sky Blue

Walker isn't the high press type so I could see why he'd be most likely to be moved on out of the group.

I would keep him personally, although if moving him on meant we could add a couple of quality permanents at the back I'd be tempted.

I think we’d come to regret it not long after. Wait and see I guess

Users who are viewing this thread