21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (5 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

Coventry City are in talks with Wellington Phoenix over the signing of 25 year old New Zealand midfielder Alex Rufer.

Frostie

Coventry City are in talks with Wellington Phoenix over the signing of 25 year old New Zealand midfielder Alex Rufer.

giphy.gif

Frostie

In fairness, I don't think anyone said Gilmour was coming here. It's been reported from a couple of sources that we were interested & had discussions. I can certainly believe that's the case just club/player see Norwich as a better fit (understandably).

This may come as a shock to some but it's very common to enquire about a player but then not actually sign him for whatever reason.

Saddlebrains

In fairness, I don't think anyone said Gilmour was coming here. It's been reported from a couple of sources that we were interested & had discussions. I can certainly believe that's the case just club/player see Norwich as a better fit (understandably).

This may come as a shock to some but it's very common to enquire about a player but then not actually sign him for whatever reason.

Correct. But that doesn't stop the dullards on here trying to make poor banter

KenilworthSkyBlue

He was never going to come here, his performance for Scotland shouldn't have been a confirmation of that either as it was already beyond unlikely.

But it's not all that hard to believe Robins enquired. He no doubt casts his net pretty wide and will probably attempt a hail Mary or two during any given window.

SlowerThanPlatt

Tbf in the OP he did say we were frontrunners which is a bit further than saying we’ve just enquired

Users who are viewing this thread