2023-24 New Kit Thread (2 Viewers)

Greggs

I think it's really nice - I also actually quite like the sponsor.

- British brand
- Fairly well known
- Honest company and not theiving spivs with nefarious motives like gambling or crypto firms
- Its also quite 'manly' (if I'm allowed to say that !) therefore suiting a men's football team

CBS would have been a sound front of shirt sponsor, but honestly why are people getting so worked up about this ?
- Most women in Cov shave their faces

Ccfcisparks

Interesting point on twitter. If Ashley were to be the owner and put Fraser on the front of the top, would people have been more content with that?

croatskyblue

Well the facts are very clear - Yelo is a small company which is owned by him and his other brother

The hedge fund I think has a portfolio of £400m - given Seppalas fund was at one stage £6 billion I don’t see why you’ve suddenly popped up again
Kings enterprises are a lot smaller than Joy’s, this is fact.

And yet at the same time, this allegedly uninspiring businessman has presided over record season ticket sales, a 3.5m signing (so far), record kit sales, a wave of optimism not seen in generations, just for starters- whereas the very impressive funds available to his predecessor almost sunk the club completely and they had over a decade.

there is no merit at all in trying to say King is doing a bad job & convince everyone that’s the case, and that this is somehow linked to his businesses being “uninspiring”. For a start that’s not true, he has a very good business, and secondly he clearly is doing a good job so far.

But the kit sucks.

Deity

And yet at the same time, this allegedly uninspiring businessman has presided over record season ticket sales, a 3.5m signing (so far), record kit sales, a wave of optimism not seen in generations, just for starters- whereas the very impressive funds available to his predecessor almost sunk the club completely and they had over a decade.

there is no merit at all in trying to say King is doing a bad job & convince everyone that’s the case, and that this is somehow linked to his businesses being “uninspiring”. For a start that’s not true, he has a very good business, and secondly he clearly is doing a good job so far.

But the kit sucks.
You were spot on until the last sentence

Sick Boy

Seeing Norwich sponsored by Lotus Cars and Huski Chocolate sponsoring McLaren F1, Indycar and Millwall, I'm surprised one of our own fans didn't try and get in on the act and organise something either from Banbury-based Aston Martin or his own organisation, Christian Horner, the Racing Director of Red Bull F1 Racing.

Considering how often Mr Horner likes to mention he's a Cov fan, I've never even seen him in a scarf, let alone a replica shirt :)

Or should we have tempted Tom Grennan in the same way Ipswich have got Sheeran ? :p
Isn’t he a Man Utd fan?

Sick Boy

hate it

take 86/87 out and you have:

89 to 92.. failure in semis of league cup, post cup final glow gone, Don Howe, Terry Butcher, almost going down at Villa Park- mediocre times at best

00 to 01.. relegation, Craig Bellamy etc

and more recently the bottom division & horrendous Nike efforts.

don’t care about the sponsor but I think it’s rubbish and Hummel have just dialled it in. Record sales are due to the general goodwill and I hope it sells loads more.. but I hate it
And the play off final win, of course.

Grendel

But the kit sucks.

Well your the guy who insisted Sisu had spent £100m so I’ll treat your “financial analysis” with the respect it deserves and I don’t think I’ve passed any comment positive or negative about King anyway

croatskyblue

Were we wearing stripes for all of them?

pretty sure- 89/90 started ok then we had a huge slump, lost in the semi to Forest, then got hammered 6-1 at home on last day when Sillett pissed everyone off by going over to the Liverpool fans to clap them before our fans, then he was gone before Xmas 1990 and we had Butcher- we all know how that went, finished off with another 6-1 defeat, at Arsenal, then he was gone after ripping the team to shreds, Don Howe was in (the master of the dire 0-0), then that horrific final day at Villa.. crowds regularly dipping below 10k, HR an absolute morgue, just not good.

then 92/93 and back to all sky blue, Gould in and a really refreshing & exciting first chunk of the season until Rosario & Gallagher left

99/00 all sky blue and we were ‘the entertainers’, then the sky blue & white stripes reappeared in 00/01, we sold our best three players, brought Bellamy in and we promptly got relegated

Come to think of it, maybe it’s paranoia over what happens in most seasons we wear these stripes as opposed to the kit itself…

AngryAnt

Isn’t he a Man Utd fan?
Christian Horner? He's a Cov fan

---

Personally don't hate the kit, it's not a day one buy for me though but might pick it up in a sale. I feel they tried to give the 140 years a thing with the animals in the print, but it also feels like after last year their having a bit of a year off and phoning it in.

Alkhen

They sponsor them as the owner is a huge Blackburn fan and they employ in the town
Yeah fair enough, not quite 1:1 but guess same can be said for king of shaves. Localish. Doug is a share holder. Got to weigh up how much they paid and how how much they should have paid for the same exposure but I recon he will have done the maths atleast the logo is ok and it's no a decking betting site

Jcap

Looks a bit too much like this one for me… so they played around with collar and sleeves and put some bespoke images in the material… it’s ok I guess but not for me IMG_1293.jpeg

Mcbean

It’s not a betting company - which is a great start as everyone will be going that way - shirt will look better in the flesh and I can see I am going to have to get one - but not before the brown kit is released ( hopes)

Sky Blue Pete

---

Personally don't hate the kit, it's not a day one buy for me though but might pick it up in a sale. I feel they tried to give the 140 years a thing with the animals in the print, but it also feels like after last year their having a bit of a year off and phoning it in.

Red bull would be good as a shirt sponsor

Ricketts

I love it, and I’m delighted that we have a sponsor with a connection.
I have just looked at the king of shave stuff and bought a load, as I thank you for sponsoring us.
No reason for Gillette or Wilkinson Sword to have my money .

Sick Boy

---

I was talking about Grennan, he’s not a City fan.

Users who are viewing this thread