2 year Ricoh Deal - Fake Rumour! (1 Viewer)

Terry_dactyl

The Landlords aren't talking to the club and I doubt the argument that SISU must drop legal action in order to discuss a deal will wash with the FL as it is not their place to make such demands on the club.
So you’re saying that under these circumstances the EFL will allow us to play elsewhere?
Back to Northampton we go.

rob9872

Credit to whoever runs that bible account, if everyone else who was talking bollocks on Twitter similarly did the right thing and deleted their account, the site would be a million times better overnight.
It would be better if they didn't post in the first place. All they will do is open up a new account and post more rubbish. Have the courage to stand behind errors even if it was poor info received. I have a single account here and also on Twitter - all I've ever had. Some (most) people probably disagree with the shite I post, but I'll never post anything that I don't believe. Perhaps I'm simply a dinosaur, but I really cant understand the need for wanting attention and likes from random strangers you're never likely to meet.

Limey

A two year deal is a poor deal IMO as in two years it puts us right back in the same situation we currently find ourselves in. It's only a short term fix, a plaster for a bullet wound if you will. I'd personally rather not bank on "Wasps going bust" to resolve our issue.
Yeah I get that. We need a foothold in the Ricoh though long term.
Are sisu likely to ever put up the goods to do it? Maybe this is the time to force their way in if they actually put the mommo on the table.

ajsccfc

It would be better if they didn't post in the first place. All they will do is open up a new account and post more rubbish. Have the courage to stand behind errors even if it was poor info received. I have a single account here and also on Twitter - all I've ever had. Some (most) people probably disagree with the shite I post, but I'll never post anything that I don't believe. Perhaps I'm simply a dinosaur, but I really cant understand the need for wanting attention and likes from random strangers you're never likely to meet.
I mean if they delete and never return, like a proper cull. It'd stop pretty much all political stuff in a heartbeat on there

SkyBlueCRJ

Yeah I get that. We need a foothold in the Ricoh though long term.
Are sisu likely to ever put up the goods to do it? Maybe this is the time to force their way in if they actually put the mommo on the table.

Confused about the second part of your posts. SISU wouldn't 'put up the goods' as it would be CCFC paying the bill?

SkyBlueCRJ

I don't follow them. I saw it through a retweet.
Didn't know whether they were credible or not to be honest.

I've come across a few of their past tweets over the years. Utter rubbish 90% of the time. They pick up rumours from here, from the twitterverse and on the Facebook group.

chiefdave

So you’re saying that under these circumstances the EFL will allow us to play elsewhere?
Wouldn't be surprised if the EFL don't want to kick us out for fear of legal action from SISU. So they push the decision on to the member clubs. Of course if the vote then isn't to kick us out they have to let us play elsewhere but the blame doesn't lie with them.
I guess the danger is that sisu will ‘do a wasps’ and move us permenantly elsewhere.
Sure all those CCFC fans that applaud Wasps move as great business will be fine with it.

Terry_dactyl

Wouldn't be surprised if the EFL don't want to kick us out for fear of legal action from SISU. So they push the decision on to the member clubs. Of course if the vote then isn't to kick us out they have to let us play elsewhere but the blame doesn't lie with them.

Sure all those CCFC fans that applaud Wasps move as great business will be fine with it.
I bet they would. I know it’s been talked to death on here but I can’t straighten up cov fans suppprting wasps.
I guess from the EFL’s perspective it’s just been one thing after the other with us.

kg82

Ironically, I’m giving you a like for that one

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I guess the danger is that sisu will ‘do a wasps’ and move us permenantly elsewhere.
As a politician would say , we're not ruling anything out .

SCARY ISN'T IT.

Limey

Probably a question for someone else as I'm unsure if they can or not.
The point was purely hypothetical. If wasps aren't doing too great maybe the timing is right to buy in. Can't ever see sisu doing it but it's what we need longer term.

SkyBlueCRJ

The point was purely hypothetical. If wasps aren't doing too great maybe the timing is right to buy in. Can't ever see sisu doing it but it's what we need longer term.

My issue with that is, if SISU own the whole of the Ricoh for arguments sake, what will their intentions be? I'd be wary of getting further involved with SISU with regards to the stadium as down the line there would be nothing stopping them selling us to a new owner and charging said owner heaven and earth for the privilege of CCFC playing there. So essentially we'd be right back where we started with ACL.

Nick

Administrator
My issue with that is, if SISU own the whole of the Ricoh for arguments sake, what will their intentions be? I'd be wary of getting further involved with SISU with regards to the stadium as down the line there would be nothing stopping them selling us to a new owner and charging said owner heaven and earth for the privilege of CCFC playing there. So essentially we'd be right back where we started with ACL.

Nobody knows what would happen. It's the same as when people were making petitions not to sell the Ricoh to us while SISU were here because they would mortgage it to get some money and it should belong to the community.

Maybe they just don't realise the irony when defending Wasps move?

ajsccfc

I've always assumed that SISU getting a stake in the Ricoh would just make us more of a saleable prospect rather than them having much in the way of plans for it. Maybe put the old screen back and nab the new one for Joy's cinema room (non-stop Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, special child-catcher edit)

zuni

Interestingly someone who has an ear in the wasps camp just told me that sisu and wasps lawyers are currently hammering out a 2 year deal with a stipulation that the court case continues but with no impact on wasps but with improved terms for City regards match day incomes... May be bollocks but seems to be slot of noise being made around a 2 year deal

chiefdave

Interestingly someone who has an ear in the wasps camp just told me that sisu and wasps lawyers are currently hammering out a 2 year deal with a stipulation that the court case continues but with no impact on wasps but with improved terms for City regards match day incomes... May be bollocks but seems to be slot of noise being made around a 2 year deal
I'd love to believe these rumours but its seems convenient to me that rumours start circulating as soon as there is a suggestion that pressure be put on Wasps.

chiefdave

My issue with that is, if SISU own the whole of the Ricoh for arguments sake, what will their intentions be?
That's fine but then why sell it to Wasps when you can ask exactly the same question of them. The willingness to move a club 90 miles across the country doesn't exactly present them as looking after the best interests of the fans.

SkyBlueCRJ

Nobody knows what would happen. It's the same as when people were making petitions not to sell the Ricoh to us while SISU were here because they would mortgage it to get some money and it should belong to the community.

Maybe they just don't realise the irony when defending Wasps move?

Realistically if they managed to get ahold of the stadium I think they'd just use it to sell us to the highest bidder as I'm sure by now they want rid of us. But like you said no one knows for sure as there always seems to be a hidden agenda with SISU. Nothing is ever straightforward.

Last edited by a moderator:

chiefdave

It's the same as when people were making petitions not to sell the Ricoh to us while SISU were here because they would mortgage it to get some money and it should belong to the community.
There is, or at least was haven't checked in a while, meeting notes on the council website saying that if the council ever considered selling to the football club there must be clauses put in place to ensure the stadium could never be used to raise finance.

Nick

Administrator
There is, or at least was haven't checked in a while, meeting notes on the council website saying that if the council ever considered selling to the football club there must be clauses put in place to ensure the stadium could never be used to raise finance.

Yet there's complete silence when somebody else does it.

Story of the past 10 - 15 years.

Terry_dactyl

As a politician would say , we're not ruling anything out .

SCARY ISN'T IT.
Yes it is.
I feel like I’ve just slept-walk to this point. I’d just assumed things were going to be ok; wasps would sign us up for another year and we’d continue to make steady (albeit inconsistent) progress on the pitch.
I’ve only started to properly take note in the last couple of months.
It feels like it’s gonna go right to the wire...if it hasn’t already.
Even my Pompey supporting parents are asking me if there’s any demonstrations they can up to attend in support.

As an aside, what would happen if we strung a decent run together and actually got to and won the playoff final?
*and we were kicked out of the league.

SkyBlueCRJ

That's fine but then why sell it to Wasps when you can ask exactly the same question of them. The willingness to move a club 90 miles across the country doesn't exactly present them as looking after the best interests of the fans.

No it doesn't at all and I'm sure it is something that the council had at the back of their minds. But lets be frank, the combination of their hatred of SISU and the prospect of having one of the best rugby teams in the country in Coventry, made the decision very easy for them.

chiefdave

As an aside, what would happen if we strung a decent run together and actually got to and won the playoff final?
*and we were kicked out of the league.
Thats what doesn't add up. The date of the vote is said by the EFL to be scheduled to allow it to clarify what happens with the play offs, promotion and relegation should we drop out of the league.

But they have left it to the clubs to vote so you could have us there saying we have nowhere to play but the clubs vote not to kick us out. What then?

Are the clubs going to be instructed to vote a certain way and the whole thing is just a front to avoid the EFL being the ones throwing us out the league?

Users who are viewing this thread