2 down,3 to go (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

as quoted i was well aware we could lose.

colchester/hartleepool next...aim has to be 2 wins. aim high

Last edited:

covcity4life

i will retract the statement as i didnt mean it,i was admittidly trolling

because noone seemed to read my original post word for word.

Otis

Did read it of course. Did understand what you were trying to say, but i just think this side is so poor we shouldn't even be looking at anything so fantastical.

We are definitely a one game at a time team at the moment.

covcity4life

cant reply to ya PM till you delete the latest one lol

i agree we are poor,saturday was possibly worst i have ever seen us, but we were 1 up and on course for 3 wins in a row one could also say, thats my thought process in terms of putting a run together.

i knew it was unlikely,just felt it was possible.

Otis

We have though thrown 19 points away from winning positions haven't we!

That is where my thinking comes from. Think we may win 3 in a row this season maybe, but that would be about it.

Oh and space made! ;)

covcity4life

i guess i can draw solice from the fact that i beleive robins also thinks likes he me.

he said in post match interview that he expected a consolidation of the 3pts at crawly, maybe not a perfect performance but enough to win and move to 3 league wins on trot. he was shocked we didnt do it either

sooner or later we have to stop going back to square 1,but i guess it could be later rather than sooner:(

still expect a win saturday though

Otis

Wish I did.

Word is they may have a new manager. That doesn't usually end too well for us does it.:facepalm:

covcity4life

So after all the ridiculing, all that egg on my silly and naive face it seems Cov have managed to win 4 out of the potential 5 I predicted as plausible, and the one we lost we would all like back as it was about of a shock

4 wins..4 wins...just one result away from my original thread but hey I'm deluded right?

Ironically this thread has now become a I told you so thread and proves one thing. This optimist is a realist and knows a lot more about foootball than the doubters in this thread

No one saying we will 100% in playoffs but we have a good chance, maybe you guys should start listening to the those more knowledgeable than you? Mmmm egg tastes nice

Covcity4life

Macca

So after all the ridiculing, all that egg on my silly and naive face it seems Cov have managed to win 4 out of the potential 5 I predicted as plausible, and the one we lost we would all like back as it was about of a shock

4 wins..4 wins...just one result away from my original thread but hey I'm deluded right?

Ironically this thread has now become a I told you so thread and proves one thing. This optimist is a realist and knows a lot more about foootball than the doubters in this thread

No one saying we will 100% in playoffs but we have a good chance, maybe you guys should start listening to the those more knowledgeable than you? Mmmm egg tastes nice

Covcity4life

Can I just say, well done you.

You are very special

Otis

Thing is, your post 1 week ago talked of us being 10 pts off the top 6. Despite our great couple of results these last few days we have still only closed the gap by 1 point.

Does show the size of the task ahead of us.

FinnishSkyBlue

Thing is, your post 1 week ago talked of us being 10 pts off the top 6. Despite our great couple of results these last few days we have still only closed the gap by 1 point.

Does show the size of the task ahead of us.

Take note that city are not chasing only one team, the third in the table, mk dons are only 10pts ahead of city.

dongonzalos

I hope it has put an end to anyone going on about relegation battles at least!.

9 points is not a mountain to climb.

I dislike Portsmouth quite a bit.

Hope I will enjoy Saturday

Otis

1 defeat and 2 wins and we have closed the gap by 1 point.

We need to stay calm and focused and just take each game one at a time. If we were to make up the deficit it's going to take quite some time.

Grendel

We need to stay calm and focused and just take each game one at a time. If we were to make up the deficit it's going to take quite some time.

Yes it is. It is now clear how damaging the first 8 games were.

Fans should just enjoy winning and forget expectations.

Otis

Yep. Totally concur with that.

We could win the next 4 and still be 8 or 9 points behind. All dependent on how the teams ahead of us do. And of course when we play them, us having to beat them too.

covcity4life

U make our jokes but u know that u were wrong, I just hope you learn from this rather than be the gimmick negative poster u have become

I'm not being overly optimistic just realistic as this run has shown

Astute

Last saturday we won. Only 3 out of the top 8 teams won. We won tonight. Only 2 out of the top 8 teams won. We are on the best run I can remember. Pompey next. If we can keep this run up we will be top 6 by Xmas.

Grendel

Last saturday we won. Only 3 out of the top 8 teams won. We won tonight. Only 2 out of the top 8 teams won. We are on the best run I can remember. Pompey next. If we can keep this run up we will be top 6 by Xmas.

That is a statistical improbability.

Macca

Easy on the okells old chap!

Otis

U make our jokes but u know that u were wrong, I just hope you learn from this rather than be the gimmick negative poster u have become

Don't feel i am at all a negative poster.

I notice not one person on here has called our manager negative and yet it was he who said it was going to take time. I just happen to agree with him.

I don't consider I was wrong either.

WUM! ;)

CovisGod

As much as I've never disagreed with you and whole heartedly agreed with you original post, even though you said it wasn't your really starting to make this sound like an "I told you so" post......and nobody likes a smart arse ;)

Macca

If you say something for long enough you ll be right in the end. However having said that I still don t have a ten inch prick

Astute

That is a statistical improbability.

So was all the teams at the top doing badly the last couple of games and us going on a run you were telling a few of us wouldn't happen and that we needed our heads looking at for believing could happen ;)

We are now only 9 points from the top 6 and only 13 points from 2nd. 27 games to go. I still feel confident of a top 6 finish. Still a chance of top 2 finish.

Otis

Well I sincerely hope you're right Astute.

Just to have a winning season would be nice!

dongonzalos

We are 3rd in the form table since Xmas. Only Sheff Utd and Doncaster are doing better than us.

If we maintained this form and only chipped away a point a week. Then with the Xmas period we could be in the top six by the end if January.

I am glad people are accepting it is a realistic possibility.

However consistency is key now.

Also hope we font have too much of a jig around in the January transfer window.

covcity4life

We are 3rd in the form table since Xmas. Only Sheff Utd and Doncaster are doing better than us.

If we maintained this form and only chipped away a point a week. Then with the Xmas period we could be in the top six by the end if January.

I am glad people are accepting it is a realistic possibility.

However consistency is key now.

Also hope we font have too much of a jig around in the January transfer window.

December represents slot tougher games but hopefully by then we will have a Cov team who believe in themselves

Mr T - Sukka!

Are people seriously thinking play offs? :D

Have a look what we would need to do to get there.

27 games left. Current 23 points.

Need 47 points to get to 70. (P27 W 12 D 11 L 4)
Need 57 points to get to 80. (P27 W 16 D 9 L 2)

Now i have based this on past seasons points to get into the play offs. The below is the actual total that was needed to get into 6th spot!

2009/2010 - 6th Spot was 80 points.
2010/2011 - 6th Spot was 71 points.
2011/2012 - 6th Spot was 73 points.

Hence the target of 70 - 80 points. Do people really think we can hit the above form when we don't even know if McGoldrick will be here in January?

Otis

You're wasting your breath. We are gods, we are invincible, we will conquer all that lay before us and march triumphantly into the gates of heaven and the promised land, vanquishing our enemies.

Users who are viewing this thread