2 down,3 to go (1 Viewer)

stupot07

I wouldn't any of the midfield have been consistently good at all this season, even on Tuesday Jennings and bailey were only worth 5/6 out of 10.

covcity4life

No, but these things don't just change in an instance. They take time.

has robins not already started the change?

once again our season does not hinge on the next 3 games, i am simply saying we can win them and have a run that is very un-coventry

times they are a changing perhaps? if yuo dont think so thats fine,i respect that,but respect my opinion too

Otis

has robins not already started the change?

once again our season does not hinge on the next 3 games, i am simply saying we can win them and have a run that is very un-coventry

times they are a changing perhaps? if yuo dont think so thats fine,i respect that,but respect my opinion too

Yes, but I have faith in the manager and if he says that lots of things are wrong at the club and it's going to take time I believe him.

covcity4life

Yes, but I have faith in the manager and if he says that lots of things are wrong at the club and it's going to take time I believe him.

so do i

but at the same time i remember we are in league 1 not the prem and we are not so broken that we cant challenge for promotion.

Otis

We can.

Next season.

That's where I am and I think that is the way MR sees it too.

Let's just go on a nice run, get up the table and see where we are by Christmas. If we can get somewhere close to the top 6 then who knows.

covcity4life

which is no different to what i am saying? im just not saying it with so much fear,and that isnt a jibe

everyones entitled to their own opinion but it seems anyone with an ounce of ambition is shot down on SBT

hopefully one day we will look back at this thread and say OMGZ HOW CLEVA WAS CC4L DUDE!

Otis

which is no different to what i am saying? im just not saying it with so much fear,and that isnt a jibe

everyones entitled to their own opinion but it seems anyone with an ounce of ambition is shot down on SBT

hopefully one day we will look back at this thread and say OMGZ HOW CLEVA WAS CC4L DUDE!

Or, will he ever be released?

Otis

I am not convinced we will win to be honest. I would be happy with a draw just to keep the unbeaten run going.

The whole mentality of the club needs to change and hopefully steadily but surely Mark Robins is doing that.

covcity4life

i understand your point about remaining undefeated but a draw at home to scunny is not the mentality MR wants and neither should us fans.

Otis

No-one wants it. Just saying we shouldn't necessarily be too disappointed if that turns out to be the case.

I would take a good performance and a draw for sure.

Until MR gets things the way he really wants them there are going to be lots of blips on the way and I think we have to accept that.

covcity4life

i dont disagree

just sick and tired of "oh scunny won last week,we should be scared"

"oh tranmere are top,much better than us"

"this league is tough,hartleepool may be bottom but they can cause us real problems"

yes we are not the finished article but we are stronger than our position suggests.

hill83

It's about managing expectations. Gone are the days where "it's only Crawley" rings true. I agree we should be better than we have been. Nothing wrong with cautious optimism though.

Tonylinc

Coventry 5-1 Bolton, I remember that game! Great result! But, Burnden Way?! Since when has the Reebok been called that?! I'm sure it was called the Reebok Stadium even back then?
Yes it was....I too was there that day

Grendel

It's about managing expectations. Gone are the days where "it's only Crawley" rings true. I agree we should be better than we have been. Nothing wrong with cautious optimism though.

Yes and no. Scunthorpe are poor. We should see anything other than a win as a poor result.

covcity4life

Glad ur so happy we lost.

Now allow me to school you yet again. Read the first post, I clearly state I'm well aware we can lose our next game and look terrible, ive watched Cov far too long to get caught out little one, nice try tho

BackRoomRummermill

To be honest you set ourself up with a sweeping statement, not worth calling some one a dick head though for a bit of faith in my opinion

valiant15

You dont go up. Armchair merchant. You know fuck all about football. Why don't you go support man u like the rest of your mates probably do.

dongonzalos

Sorry for the above valiant. There was some tasty debating going on. I felt out of it so jumped in.

Surprised by your restraint faced with the sisu reference though !

Otis

i just wanna say straight off that THIS IS NOT AN "I TOLD YOU SO" THREAD

since september i have been bleating on about 5 wins on trot starting at orient,i have been ridiculed,called delusional and even had my football knowledge doubted by some posters

but here we stand 2 wins from those 5 fixtures and scunny next up at the ricoh.

the point of this thread is just to maybe warm a few fans up to the notion of not being so damn scared of every team we play, today we beat the team placed 3rd! this league is not so scary like negative fans like to suggest, we ARE capable of promotion

10pts off playoffs
15 off top and its first week of november! the season is not over!

if we achieve the 5 wins(or maybe even more!) we will be mid table by the start of december!!!! half a season to go.

i am not getting carried away,i know full well we could lose saturday and all of a sudden we are terrible again but at same time lets not call time on this season so soon, we have a great squad on paper and a brilliant manager so far,if he gets us to click we will rack up ALOT of wins and be in the promotion mix.

this season was supposed to be fun....it still can be

no fear

PUSB

Talking about 5 wins on the trot is akin to talking about having a good win on the lottery or at the bingo to my mind.

It's just something we shouldn't even be considering.

This season we have been a very poor side, are hovering around the bottom of the table, have a manager who says there's loads wrong at the club, have a team that has thrown 19 points away from winning positions and yet we have threads about us maybe winning 5 games in a row.

As I said earlier, if we win 2, we should only be looking at whether we can win a 3rd one, and if we won 3, then and only then should we even be looking at whether or not we can win a 4th one and so on.

We need to get it into all of our thick heads (me included at times) that we are not very good and we are miles away from being a decent side at this level.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread