2 down,3 to go (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

i just wanna say straight off that THIS IS NOT AN "I TOLD YOU SO" THREAD

since september i have been bleating on about 5 wins on trot starting at orient,i have been ridiculed,called delusional and even had my football knowledge doubted by some posters

but here we stand 2 wins from those 5 fixtures and scunny next up at the ricoh.

the point of this thread is just to maybe warm a few fans up to the notion of not being so damn scared of every team we play, today we beat the team placed 3rd! this league is not so scary like negative fans like to suggest, we ARE capable of promotion

10pts off playoffs
15 off top and its first week of november! the season is not over!

if we achieve the 5 wins(or maybe even more!) we will be mid table by the start of december!!!! half a season to go.

i am not getting carried away,i know full well we could lose saturday and all of a sudden we are terrible again but at same time lets not call time on this season so soon, we have a great squad on paper and a brilliant manager so far,if he gets us to click we will rack up ALOT of wins and be in the promotion mix.

this season was supposed to be fun....it still can be

no fear

PUSB

covcity4life

thanks.

how can we expect the club to end the negative cycle when we refuse to give up on it ourselves

lets get confident and ambitious,starting on saturday,lets try to add 2-3k to the gate.

smileycov

Facebook User
Yep....one game at a time! My only worry now is WHEN David McG goes (and he will, IMO) who will step up. I am not slating Cody or anyone else, just in reality what do we do. I do believe that MR will have someone in mind, but can we get them in and it is a tough act to follow.

covcity4life

it would be a huge blow and possibly derail this season, the players look up to him like they did MK,we will miss him,i hope sisu pull out alls tops to keep him

i belive cody can score though but we will have to change how we play

january could be make or break.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Unfortunately, the better Goldie plays, the more goals he scores, the higher his valuation. Either SISU just won't pay the asking price or he'll be lured to a higher league club. Let's just utilise him while he's here and we can enjoy ourselves every time he dons the sky blue shirt. Meanwhile, let's just hope MR can find just as good a replacement.

CovisGod

since september i have been bleating on about 5 wins on trot starting at orient,i have been ridiculed,called delusional and even had my football knowledge doubted by some posters

the point of this thread is just to maybe warm a few fans up to the notion of not being so damn scared of every team we play, today we beat the team placed 3rd! this league is not so scary like negative fans like to suggest, we ARE capable of promotion

10pts off playoffs

if we achieve the 5 wins(or maybe even more!) we will be mid table by the start of december!!!! half a season to go.

i am not getting carried away,i know full well we could lose saturday and all of a sudden we are terrible again but at same time lets not call time on this season so soon, we have a great squad on paper and a brilliant manager so far,if he gets us to click we will rack up ALOT of wins and be in the promotion mix.

no fear

PUSB

Excellent post, I'm in the same boat as you mate, often ridiculed for being Mr. positive but I've said all along, we've got decent players at this level, we now have a manager I beleive is capable of success, winning pleases the fans and in turn the players enjoy playing their football not beeing booed every time they misplace a pass. We have a lot of things to be positive about, Wood has suddenly turned into a good centre back, can see him in time being a bit of a fans favourite ala Big Mo, Fleck I think is an unbelievable talent to have at the club and will start to shine the better we play as a team and of course (if we can hang onto him) Goldie, a striker that when he plays, I genuinely beleive he's going to score, when was the last time we though that about a striker, Dublin ?

I hope I don't get shot down for this post, there's a lot of negativity (and perhaps rightly so) from Cov fans at the moment and I for one am going to enjoy the next few days, supporting a team that have just come off 3 straight wins,

PUSB, City Till I Die !

Otis

10pts off playoffs

no fear

PUSB

Do you not think your timing's a bit out? ;)

Might have been a better idea to start this thread if and when we win 4 out of 5 rather than just 2.

As has been said, when is the last time we won 5 in a row in the league and this season we are still not playing well. We are still 2nd best in most matches. Be a bit more dominant we will win more matches.

The way we are playing at the mo though makes me think 5 wins on the bounce is just a pipe dream.

bamalamafizzfazz

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm sure we all have a mate who has stopped going for one reason or another. I have two, as soon as I got home last night I text them both and told them to come Saturday as things are looking up. They have both agreed to come.
How about everyone does the same and hopefully our fourth win on Saturday will be witnessed by a lot more people and we bring them back as much needed Sky Blue supporters!

covcity4life

who cares abnout the last time? lets concentrate on NOW

negativity is here for a reason,we have been a cursed club,it makes me depressed. i understand it

but this season i say lets be optimistic until its time to stop,and right now any doom and gloom is premature

covcity4life

Do you not think your timing's a bit out? ;)

Might have been a better idea to start this thread if and when we win 4 out of 5 rather than just 2.

As has been said, when is the last time we won 5 in a row in the league and this season we are still not playing well. We are still 2nd best in most matches. Be a bit more dominant we will win more matches.

The way we are playing at the mo though makes me think 5 wins on the bounce is just a pipe dream.

its not an i told you so thread so why wait till 4 wins???

the possibility is there right now so why keep focussing on the negs?

Otis

Just saying that we shouldn't even considering winning 5 in a row when we have only won 2 in a row, that 's all.

One game at a time.

covcity4life

your sarcasm shows you dont really believe in the possibility of success

hopefully a few more wins will make you more ambitious

you can be fixed.

valiant15

We don't believe in success because we've had eleven years of dross. We've just been relegated to the 3rd tier for the first time in nearly fifty years,we have a poor squad of players,were nearer the bottom of the table than the top,have the worst owners in the history of the club. Possibility of success? Where?

covcity4life

We don't believe in success because we've had eleven years of dross. We've just been relegated to the 3rd tier for the first time in nearly fifty years,we have a poor squad of players,were nearer the bottom of the table than the top,have the worst owners in the history of the club. Possibility of success? Where?

BIB i agree with

but look at this season in isolation..we are not poor and that will show by the end of the season.

Otis

We have been poor though. That's the trouble.

We haven't looked a good side at all this season except for in fits and starts.

covcity4life

yup,we have been poor,playing averge

and yet were 10pts off playoffs

how can you write off a season based on that?

Otis

You can't.

It does point to midtable though rather than anything else.

The minute we start playing well with any consistency I will change my thinking.

covcity4life

i can agree with that

my issue is with those that predict relegation battle and say he we have NO CHANCE in hell of top 6

Otis

Well I do say that because history has proved that.

No team has ever gone from bottom 4 to play-offs after 15 games in this division.

That tells me for any team to do that they have to be one hell of a good team and not just good but brilliant and by far and away the best team in the league from that point on.

It would be an achievement of biblical proportions.

aodea

We could win the next 3,we could lose them also. I'm just taking it a game at a time.

This is it bang on. My thoughts this season is that i genuinly belive there is no leauge game we are not capable of winning home or away but we need to be positive about wins and whats coming up. MR is making things a bit more stable and certainly things have improved so hope this continues as well as a couple of cup game wins and i would be really optimistic about the direction we are going. think we will climb the table for the rest of the year. Not sure how quickly or to what height but its only going upwards.

valiant15

So ccfc4l,are you saying we havent been playing crap this season? Apart from the brum game,name a game where weve performed for 90 minutes. I cant.

skybluelee

And exactly how many teams in this (or any) league perform consistently over 90 mins? People need to take their heads out of their arses and stop making out that we're some sort of special case. We are on a good run with a run of games coming up which look appealing. Can't we just have a little bit of positivity for a change?

Users who are viewing this thread