2,800 (6 Viewers)

Hobo

No, only those who say they won't go because they won't give sisu any money. By.ccfcways logic these people are supporting sisu if they go.

Anybody can go if they want and I hope they have a good day out. :)
Hope security and the police know the criteria...I remember when all you needed was a ticket and to be sober.

Being a fan is complex these days?

Nick

Administrator
Hope security and the police know the criteria...I remember when all you needed was a ticket and to be sober.

Being a fan is complex these days?

It is, you seem to need to all permission on a football forum and get fans calling you names for going. :(

ccfc92

No, only those who say they won't go because they won't give sisu any money. By.ccfcways logic these people are supporting sisu if they go.

Personally, I dont go to sixfields due to there's not one legitimate reason why we are there. We are Coventry City. I'm not a NOPM fan to an extent, I don't mind money going to the club as they need it, but when SISU have turned away 8k+ paying customers, anyone who justifies the move is deluded IMO. I think the only time I'd go to sixfields would be if CCFC were away to NTFC.

torchomatic

Totally agree. Fans should be able to go or not go without being attacked.

No, only those who say they won't go because they won't give sisu any money, nopm etc which isnt.all fans by far. By.ccfcways logic these people are supporting sisu if they go.

Astute

It is, you seem to need to all permission on a football forum and get fans calling you names for going. :(

And you wonder why we can't understand what you are trying to say a lot of the time :laugh:

skybluefred

Barnsley is a pointless cup match. If I where Pressley I would blood all players on the fringes of the team
and give the !st team squad a weeks well earned rest.That would give players a chance to get over
niggling little knocks, and have them fighting fit for the important task of trying to preserve our Div:1
status.
Further more any progress in the Cup is only providing funds for sisu.

Hobo

Personally, I dont go to sixfields due to there's not one legitimate reason why we are there. We are Coventry City. I'm not a NOPM fan to an extent, I don't mind money going to the club as they need it, but when SISU have turned away 8k+ paying customers, anyone who justifies the move is deluded IMO. I think the only time I'd go to sixfields would be if CCFC were away to NTFC.
I agree...some people have tried to interpret the NOPM campaign too literally. It was originally a basic protest to say we don't support SISUs actions. Some thought the financial implications may or may not force SISU into being more reasonable or even proactive in getting us back to Coventry.

Has it had an effect, who knows, some people give up too easily.

People do have a right to make there own choice, but from what I read on here a lot more people should be protesting despite their attendance at Sixfields. The only people who are doing it and attending are the ones on the hill and that is disappointing.

ccfc92

I agree...some people have tried to interpret the NOPM campaign too literally. It was originally a basic protest to say we don't support SISUs actions. Some thought the financial implications may or may not force SISU into being more reasonable or even proactive in getting us back to Coventry.

People do have a right to make there own choice, but from what I read on here a lot more people should be protesting despite their attendance at Sixfields. The only people who are doing it and attending are the ones on the hill and that is disappointing.

agreed. but those that attend are probably too worried to protest, they might get a 3 year banning order from sixfields :whistle:

Nick

Administrator

How can something called not one penny more mean anything than not giving then any money though?

Most people aren't going to sixfields for other reasons than nopm though.

ccfc92

How can something called not one penny more mean anything than not giving then any money though?

His first sentence answers your question.

Nick

Administrator
His first sentence answers your question.

Didn't really answer it though does it? Maybe if it doesn't mean not giving a penny to sisu they gave it the wrong name?

Unless it needs not one penny more while I can be bothered to shout about it and there is a band wagon to be on.

ccfc92

Didn't really answer it though does it? Maybe if it doesn't mean not giving a penny to sisu they gave it the wrong name?

he said it was initially to stop the move to Northampton. Some carried it on after the move happened. I'd say he answered your question before you asked it.

chiefdave

Where should people draw the line then? Not going to any away games where you have to purchase tickets from CCFC, not going to away cup games, not going to England games in case any of that money is in the grant the FA give for the academy?

If it was a card carrying sign up for this kind of thing you could have rules but it isn't so broadly speaking people who support NOPM don't go to Sixfields and don't buy merchandise from the club.

We went through all this at the start of the season when we had the Orient cup game away and the general consensus seemed to be that it wasn't worth bothering with cup games as not everyone even realises SISU get money from away cup games so it would be fighting a losing battle to persuade people not to go.

Hobo

Nick you have illustrated my point wonderfully...I personally couldn't careless what colour the flag is as long as it says we should not be playing in Northampton.
If SISU want the Ricoh fine. If they don't fine. But if you believe their timeline and rhetoric, they should be further forward with the new stadium.

covspain

Where should people draw the line then? Not going to any away games where you have to purchase tickets from CCFC, not going to away cup games, not going to England games in case any of that money is in the grant the FA give for the academy?

If it was a card carrying sign up for this kind of thing you could have rules but it isn't so broadly speaking people who support NOPM don't go to Sixfields and don't buy merchandise from the club.

We went through all this at the start of the season when we had the Orient cup game away and the general consensus seemed to be that it wasn't worth bothering with cup games as not everyone even realises SISU get money from away cup games so it would be fighting a losing battle to persuade people not to go.

I agree with this summary. I don't know what your problem is Nick you come over as a nit picking pedantic just wanting to sneer and criticise others. Just be happy with your free entry to Sixfields and stop banging on about NOPM it's getting really tedious.

ccfc92

I agree with this summary. I don't know what your problem is Nick you come over as a nit picking pedantic just wanting to sneer and criticise others. Just be happy with your free entry to Sixfields and stop banging on about NOPM it's getting really tedious.

agreed :) also, easily annoyed at the acl/sisu conversations, but surely the more people on the website talking etc is better for the website? more sponsorship etc....??

Nick

Administrator
Nick you have illustrated my point wonderfully...I personally couldn't careless what colour the flag is as long as it says we should not be playing in Northampton.
If SISU want the Ricoh fine. If they don't fine. But if you believe their timeline and rhetoric, they should be further forward with the new stadium.

I agree with your point, I'm not saying all fans. I am all for people watching their team play.

Nick

Administrator

It isn't nit picking is it? Its people telling others what they can and can't do. People can't go to sixfields or but a shirt because they support sisu by giving then money but it's ok to do it if the bandwagon rolls that way. I agree that nopm is tedious.

ccfc92

It isn't nit picking is it? Its people telling others what they can and can't do. People can't go to sixfields or but a shirt because they support sisu by giving then money but it's ok to do it if the bandwagon rolls that way. I agree that nopm is tedious.

But you can't agree with or understand the boycott of sixfields?

Nick

Administrator
But you can't agree with or understand the boycott of sixfields?

If people don't want to go then it is fine, if people don't think it's right they won't go. It's the people who preach to others and put others down.

Like this thread asking people to explain themselves for going to watch their football team play

chiefdave

I can see why people would have a moan about NOPM being broken if we'd got Man Utd away and people were clamouring for tickets but it's only Barnsley away and not like we're taking 10K, what bandwagon are people getting on?

ccfc92

If people don't want to go then it is fine, if people don't think it's right they won't go. It's the people who preach to others and put others down.

Like this thread asking people to explain themselves for going to watch their football team play

It's not their team when they play at sixfields tho? It's northamptons?

Nick

Administrator
It's not their team when they play at sixfields tho? It's northamptons?

Here we go, it's the same team that played against mk dons. If people think that then fine, but don't try and ram it down people's throats and ask for explanations when people don't agree.

ccfc92

Here we go, it's the same team that played against mk dons. If people think that then fine, but don't try and ram it down people's throats and ask for explanations when people don't agree.

why can I not ask for explanations? I'm a very easy going person, who sees both sides of an argument. And on a FORUM, why can't I ask for the other sides opinion? Surely the SBT website benefits the more people are on here and posting? 447 posts and counting, but you wanted it closed thread.

ccfcway

yer, because SISU moved our club to Northampton

Some cant make it, the majority if the lost 90% choose not to go !

Sterling Archer

But what if I had purchased those Sky Blue Socks off the Northampton Market?*

*I don't even know if Northampton has a market.

Users who are viewing this thread