2,500 tickets sold for Saturday (2 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

Chief executive Steve Waggott said: “We understand that some supporters have had issues when buying tickets through the website and it’s been difficult to get through on the phones because of the sheer volume of interest.

“We are delighted that there is still that level of interest and we are still asking supporters to remain as patient as they can.
"After the game on Saturday, we will need to look again at the systems in a bid to improve fans’ experience when buying tickets and season tickets.

“We thought, in that case, that was only right to offer all supporters who pay on the gate the £2 discount that fans who buy in advance of matchday receive.
“It would be great to see a significant walk-up on the day to really back Steven Pressley and the team once again.

Spagbol

Just got back, what an utter disgrace, season ticket holders waiting another hour to get paper tickets for the next 2 games. Only 1 person serving, 3 managers supervising, when challenged you get condescending smiles and nods, and they also think it's wrong, they were trying to speed it up, but too little too late. Cash tickets were selling well and quickly, the other queue also seemed amazingly slow for collecting match day tickets. No wonder the gate will be smaller than expected. Not doing this crap again!!!:censored:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just got back, what an utter disgrace, season ticket holders waiting another hour to get paper tickets for the next 2 games. Only 1 person serving, 3 managers supervising, when challenged you get condescending smiles and nods, and they also think it's wrong, they were trying to speed it up, but too little too late. Cash tickets were selling well and quickly, the other queue also seemed amazingly slow for collecting match day tickets. No wonder the gate will be smaller than expected. Not doing this crap again!!!:censored:

I was up there earlier and it was ok, they had 3 people on tills serving season ticket holders. The longest part was actually sitting at the desk as I had 4 season tickets to purchase so had to wait for each one to go through.

Nick had a great idea on another thread where they have a self service machine where you can buy and pick up tickets.

letsallsingtogether

Like I posted earlier.
I went up yesterday at about 2.30.
20 in the queue estimated waiting time was 2 hours..........

I saw more people walk away then join the queue when they were told, their was only one Till open....
But they along with others on here will only blame the fans when the gate is shit:mad:

Como

Why go through all that hassle to avoid paying an extra couple of quid on the gate?

Not as if you can not move around when you get in there.

Spagbol

i must have been lucky got a season ticket last Saturday in 10 mins
you were really lucky 2 1/2 hours, waiting 2 weeks ago, then an hour today and I still only have paper tickets. And then smug managers, ooooooo my blood was boiling!

Ashdown

It's gets better and should be a breeze hopefully through the cash turnstiles now, £22, plenty of seats to choose from, job done ! PUSB !

Rusty Trombone

Chief executive Steve Waggott said: “We understand that some supporters have had issues when buying tickets through the website and it’s been difficult to get through on the phones because of the sheer volume of interest.

“We are delighted that there is still that level of interest and we are still asking supporters to remain as patient as they can.
"After the game on Saturday, we will need to look again at the systems in a bid to improve fans’ experience when buying tickets and season tickets.

“We thought, in that case, that was only right to offer all supporters who pay on the gate the £2 discount that fans who buy in advance of matchday receive.
“It would be great to see a significant walk-up on the day to really back Steven Pressley and the team once again.

I see the £2 walk fee isn't actually a fee, it's just everyone who buys in advance gets a discount. That's nice.

Otis

I see the £2 walk fee isn't actually a fee, it's just everyone who buys in advance gets a discount. That's nice.

I think that is a much better idea, for there to be a discount if you get your ticket early. Much better than charging people extra on the day.

pusbccfc

Anyone know if pay on the gate will be in all stands tomorrow??

You may well be able to choose your seats if you go early on to the ticket booths. If not, they usually open a few turnstiles in the corner between the Telegraph and Tesco stands and they give you a random seat.

Kingokings204

Still if it was 8k by 3pm this afternoon. How many is the walk up expecting?

I still think for the sake of £2 and charge a flat £20 you really would get a few more and it just looks a lot more pleasing at 20 a go than 22 or 24.

Good idea to waive the fee for tomorrow's game but should be or all games IMO. I see no benefit personally.

Snozz_is_god

I work in Manchester, so no chance of getting to the shop to queue for tickets.

But I decided I wanted to go last weekend, so I ordered tickets online in less than a minute and my ticket arrived in the post early on in the week.

Moral of the story........ planning ahead

letsallsingtogether

Who would have thought that not the shop........

Or that doorman who did fuck all bar take the piss about the waiting time and telling everyone to get them on the gate instead..........
The idea's to persuade people to buy early though.

SkyBlue_Bear83

They can have time to log on here, they can have time to log on to the website and buy them (when all runs smoothly!)

Well those who log on here probably account for a minor % of the overall fanbase. Again through it's just about convenience, don't have to worry about getting them delivered in time, paying delivery charges or arranging to get them picked up.

NorthernWisdom

Well those who log on here probably account for a minor % of the overall fanbase. Again through it's just about convenience, don't have to worry about getting them delivered in time, paying delivery charges or arranging to get them picked up.

The general principle is, howerver, that (usually!) it's not hard to buy a ticket. Having people pay on the day doesn't help forward planning.

Personally I'd make the difference more extreme, £15 in advance, £25 on the day. That'd learn 'em.

Kingokings204

But then many people haven't got time to go up and get them in the week. It just dissuades people from coming on match day.

That was my point NW. People genuinely don't know til the day. Why penalize them?

Kingokings204

The general principle is, howerver, that (usually!) it's not hard to buy a ticket. Having people pay on the day doesn't help forward planning.

Personally I'd make the difference more extreme, £15 in advance, £25 on the day. That'd learn 'em.

It's not a penalty for buying on the day, it's a discount for buying in advance.

Fair point but fans don't see it like this.

Otis

I work in Manchester, so no chance of getting to the shop to queue for tickets.

But I decided I wanted to go last weekend, so I ordered tickets online in less than a minute and my ticket arrived in the post early on in the week.

Moral of the story........ planning ahead

Yes, exactly. Plan ahead.

Bought my ST the first day they went on sale, 2 weeks ago, but I have not received my Yeovil match ticket.

Yep, plan ahead folks.

robbiethemole

I bought 3 S/T on Monday night at a cost of £800, went to the shop on Wednesday morning and waited for 40 mins to collect 6 paper tickets for Yeovil and Preston. They said the booklets will be posted out when they arrive...............they'd better, feeling hard done to with just 6 bits of paper for 800 quid!! :thinking about: lots of people buying just game tickets tho, should be a healthy crowd of about 15-16k. Thats good

for this league

Macca

There are kids in my sons' class who apparently support Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Barcelona. Go figure.

Problem is the older fans like myself who have drifted away through growing up and family responsibilities aren't being replaced by youngsters as happened in the past. Basically because the average 16 year old has known nothing but shite. Sad but true

duffer

It's not a penalty for buying on the day, it's a discount for buying in advance.

In that case, why not give an even bigger discount for buying say a month in advance, rather than a week. Puts the ticket office under less stress.

The truth is that it's partly about being able to manage large crowds (hardly an issue at the moment), and partly about making a few quid out of people. Whatever you call it, it's a discouragement to some people to go up on the day - and if you want decent numbers at the Ricoh then I'd suggest we want to remove as many of these kind of barriers as possible. When the demand for the product is higher, and it genuinely becomes an expense to the club managing a large walk up, then maybe it can be reinstated.

On CWR tonight, at the start of the phone in, Pressley was asked about the likely drop in the crowd tomorrow. His reaction basically was that it's expensive watching football, and as a working mans game maybe something needs to done about that. It's interesting that some people in the game seem to acknowledge that fact, and that some fans seem almost to argue against it.

Users who are viewing this thread