2,500 tickets sold for Saturday (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

Yeah, it was a rubbish stand. My lad couldn't see half the game either. And we're told constantly that the Ricoh is a world class stadium.

Went to Peterborough last season paid £24.00 and was put into a shit stand where you could not sit cos your knees caught up on the seat in front, bird shit all over the seats, shite view cos a bleedin pillar obstructing the view. So now i go up to the Ricoh in a nice comfortable stadium and i pay for that privaledge.

AndreasB

Simple soloution just make match day tickets 18 quid tickets max. 24 quid is just to steep for alot of people with kids going aswell.and before you say get a season ticket alot of people cant afford that outlay in one hit. They have missed a trick with the prices.if they haf kept them lowish it would have built some bridges with fans and kept them coming week after week.simple drop the price!

And do you think that would have made the difference between 2,500 and 10,000? Course not. Feels like normal service resumed which is a real dissappointment .

Im a Sixfielder and I have to say I thought the return to the Ricoh was more emotional and more important for the club than I could imagine. I was truly humbled by it and thought I had underestimated the effect of playing in Coventry and what it meant for our supporters. I was wrong and Im sorry.

Unfortunately, maybe it wasnt as great for enough people as one week later they have stuck two fingers up to the club and the team. Hope all the loudmouths who questioned my loyalty to the club for going to Northampton are all going to the Ricoh tomorrow. I suspect not though.

torchomatic

What nonsense. People turned up because there was excitement of our return and the prospect for many to see their team again for the first time in over a year. The opposition didn't matter, only the occasion, which was why there was such a clamour for tickets. And it was cheap, of course, which certainly helped the cause. If it was a protest then "SISU OUT!" would have rang around the ground. Everyone wants rid of SISU regardless of whether they went to Sixfields or not.

Martin Fry, the great philosopher once said "excuses have their uses, but now they're all used up, all used up."

Fridays fantastic turnout was a protest in it's own form as much as anything. The 85% of the support who shunned Sixfields still want rid of the hedge fund scum, there is very little trust.
All that said, as long as they make provision for tickets to be sold on the day and there are a few cash turnstiles, I'm sure the gate will be 10-12,000. I'm going to stomach the £24 this time, I hope it's good value !

Last edited:

Ashdown

What nonsense. People turned up because there was excitement of our return and the prospect for many to see their team again for the first time in over a year. The opposition didn't matter, only the occasion, which was why there was such a clamour for tickets. If it was a protest then "SISU OUT!" would have rang around the ground. Everyone wants rid of SISU regardless of whether they went to Sixfields or not.

Martin Fry, the great philosopher once said "excuses have their uses, but now they're all used up, all used up."

That's your opinion but I think there was a strong element of also lets show them that for once they { SISU } have made a good decision. Oh and yes, it was a lot cheaper and that is always paramount in Cov !

Monners

What nonsense. People turned up because there was excitement of our return and the prospect for many to see their team again for the first time in over a year. The opposition didn't matter, only the occasion, which was why there was such a clamour for tickets. And it was cheap, of course, which certainly helped the cause. If it was a protest then "SISU OUT!" would have rang around the ground. Everyone wants rid of SISU regardless of whether they went to Sixfields or not.

I don't know the answer to that question; if I did I would tell you :guitar2:

Covkid1968#

Well I have purchased mine for me and my mate....he didnt go to Gllingham so thats one extra. Absolutely no probs online. Another mate of mine offered me tickets for Liverpool in their next CL game, he said the whole season was sold out for league and cup games at Anfield. He said I should support a big club, and I said through gritted teeth...yeah and you should support the football team from the City you were born in, grew up in and earn your living from. (Leicester in his case!!)....some people just dont have the strength of character or the morale fibre to to support a team that isnt succesful.....far too easy to pick a big succesful club.

torchomatic

There are kids in my sons' class who apparently support Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Barcelona. Go figure.

Well I have purchased mine for me and my mate....he didnt go to Gllingham so thats one extra. Absolutely no probs online. Another mate of mine offered me tickets for Liverpool in their next CL game, he said the whole season was sold out for league and cup games at Anfield. He said I should support a big club, and I said through gritted teeth...yeah and you should support the football team from the City you were born in, grew up in and earn your living from. (Leicester in his case!!)....some people just dont have the strength of character or the morale fibre to to support a team that isnt succesful.....far too easy to pick a big succesful club.

harvey098

Ive been trying to log-in online, wont let me. I re-set my password, use the new password, wont work. I'll have to be a walk-up tomorrow.

Covkid1968#

There are kids in my sons' class who apparently support Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Barcelona. Go figure.

Barcelona...pfff!! My Spanish team is Huercal Overa based in the Almeria region. Got a few English followers and 2 years ago the English followers were presented with an award on the pitch becasue the Club precident and Town Mayor was so pleased.

Spagbol

The whole set up is ridiculous, renewed our season tickets, got no tickets for tomorrow, tried to ring repeatedly no answer and voice messaging is full. Luckily I am off today and will drive over but damned if I have to wait in a queue. Do they realise how much money they are losing with poor planning and service. Next door use to go a lot, they have just said it's too much hassle getting a ticket, so many supporters who may go occasionally simply haven't got the time or inclination to queue. Bloody hell this game should be 20k plus. :blue::blue::mad:

torchomatic

SO we're going to blame a low crowd on "hassle" then?

The whole set up is ridiculous, renewed our season tickets, got no tickets for tomorrow, tried to ring repeatedly no answer and voice messaging is full. Luckily I am off today and will drive over but damned if I have to wait in a queue. Do they realise how much money they are losing with poor planning and service. Next door use to go a lot, they have just said it's too much hassle getting a ticket, so many supporters who may go occasionally simply haven't got the time or inclination to queue. Bloody hell this game should be 20k plus. :blue::blue::mad:

The Lurker

Customer service isn't CCFC greatest attribute now is it?

They've not exactly welcomed back fans with open arms, the same fans they shit on last season. They should be bending over backwards to get fans back

lewys33

Do you know what you should do?

Make your mate buy the tickets for you. I haven't had a problem so far!

skybluericoh

Torchy- They have broken the habit of a lot of people with the move that SISU enforced. Now they have not been arsed to make purchasing the product as easily as possible.

I've just gone onto the website to try and get some tickets for me and my lad, I can get one for me, but unless I pay full price for him I can't get one. I'm finishing work early today to try and get down there and buy some, however if there is an hour long wait because they only have 1 person in there, then I will not have the time to wait - 2 down on tomorrows gate. I want to go and I know I could pay the extra £4.00 but why the hell should I give them more cash when they are just so not able to run a football club?

They are back in town great! but the problem for me is SISU are still running, or not running to be more precise, the selling of tickets etc. Totally incompetent, no vision, no interest in our club or it's fans.

Rant over hope I get them sort this afternoon.

skybluelee

I can't work out if you're joking or not but if not can I confirm you are saying the crowd will be around 11K smaller because the shop phone isn't always answered? I have literally heard it all.

As said it takes minutes to book online and arrive within 1 or 2 days.

The Lurker

Torchy- They have broken the habit of a lot of people with the move that SISU enforced. Now they have not been arsed to make purchasing the product as easily as possible.

I've just gone onto the website to try and get some tickets for me and my lad, I can get one for me, but unless I pay full price for him I can't get one. I'm finishing work early today to try and get down there and buy some, however if there is an hour long wait because they only have 1 person in there, then I will not have the time to wait - 2 down on tomorrows gate. I want to go and I know I could pay the extra £4.00 but why the hell should I give them more cash when they are just so not able to run a football club?

They are back in town great! but the problem for me is SISU are still running, or not running to be more precise, the selling of tickets etc. Totally incompetent, no vision, no interest in our club or it's fans.

Rant over hope I get them sort this afternoon.

My ST still hasn't arrived, been told it could take another 2-3 weeks. so ive gotta take my gillingham stub and ID etc.. and take to the shop tomorrow. its a farce how season tickets holders have been treated

Jim

My ST still hasn't arrived, been told it could take another 2-3 weeks. so ive gotta take my gillingham stub and ID etc.. and take to the shop tomorrow. its a farce how season tickets holders have been treated

To be fair, a football club will usually have the summer to prepare for season ticket sales, order in cards, booklets etc and take orders and fulfill them. This season it has happened whilst trying to sell normal matchday tickets and in the sapce of a couple of weeks. Always bound to be issues.

duffer

Again, I still think there's a bit of reverse logic going on here. If want we want is more fans attending at the Ricoh, then we shouldn't be blaming them for turning up against Gillingham but not at Yeovil - we should be thinking about what we (as a club) need to do to encourage more of them back through the doors.

The key thing to do (imho) is to remove as many barriers as possible, make it easy to buy tickets, look at pricing, improve the matchday experience (and ideally, win more games).

If some people are coming on here and elsewhere saying they found it hard to get tickets, then they undoubtedly found it hard to get tickets. Similarly, if some people are saying it's too expensive, then for them it's too expensive. You can hold your opinions, of course, but you can't change someone else's definition of their experience.

"Hard-core" fans will pay regardless, and they'll tolerate queueing for hours, or fiddling about with their browsers etc. so that they can get a ticket. The broader fanbase though (which has been largely disassociated with the club recently of course), are going to be far more picky. They're going to consider things like value (is Yeovil worth £24), and convenience (how much hassle is it going to be get a ticket).

I think this is what we're seeing, and it's pointless criticising what is perhaps even the majority of fans for this attitude. If we want the Ricoh to be fuller, particularly in L1, then the club has to do a bit better in the areas mentioned above, imho.

SkyBlue_Bear83

No but it's a fair point isn't it, if its such a chore to get tickets the casual fans aren't going to bother there arse are they.

Only more reason the club has to do everything possible to encourage the fans to buy tickets, which at the moment they are doing the opposite, they are providing the fans on the fence easy excuses not to go.

It's as if they though once we come back to the Ricoh that everyone will just forget about the last 18 months.

shmmeee

Again, I still think there's a bit of reverse logic going on here. If want we want is more fans attending at the Ricoh, then we shouldn't be blaming them for turning up against Gillingham but not at Yeovil - we should be thinking about what we (as a club) need to do to encourage more of them back through the doors.

The key thing to do (imho) is to remove as many barriers as possible, make it easy to buy tickets, look at pricing, improve the matchday experience (and ideally, win more games).

If some people are coming on here and elsewhere saying they found it hard to get tickets, then they undoubtedly found it hard to get tickets. Similarly, if some people are saying it's too expensive, then for them it's too expensive. You can hold your opinions, of course, but you can't change someone else's definition of their experience.

"Hard-core" fans will pay regardless, and they'll tolerate queueing for hours, or fiddling about with their browsers etc. so that they can get a ticket. The broader fanbase though (which has been largely disassociated with the club recently of course), are going to be far more picky. They're going to consider things like value (is Yeovil worth £24), and convenience (how much hassle is it going to be get a ticket).

I think this is what we're seeing, and it's pointless criticising what is perhaps even the majority of fans for this attitude. If we want the Ricoh to be fuller, particularly in L1, then the club has to do a bit better in the areas mentioned above, imho.

Came to post this. Great post.

Nick

Administrator
No but it's a fair point isn't it, if its such a chore to get tickets the casual fans aren't going to bother there arse are they.

We managed to sell out against Gillingham and it was a massive pain in the arse although I agree, the club should make it as simple a possible.

Covkid1968#

By far the best explanation and summary of the current situation Ive read on here

Delboycov

Great post and I can't see how anyone could disagree...going tomorrow but really can't afford the near £70 for me and my 2 teenage daughters and will be struggling now till payday at the end of the month. I do think after losing the goodwill of the majority of supporters by kidnapping our club for over a year they would try and make at least the 1st few games back attractively priced...if only to entice the thousands they've alienated back into the fold. Missed opportunity really. Some will say price is just an excuse but then all that suggests is you have more disposable income than I and many others have.

Otis

I've not had mine either. No ST booklet or ticket for tomorrow. Post's just been so there is only tomorrow's delivery left. My post usually comes between 11-11.30, so will wait until after the postman's been tomorrow before I head up to the ground.

Buster

You lot have been talking politics and business cases for so long you can't see the wood for the trees. People aren't going to rush back and watch them after the one off of Gillingham just because SISU have had a black eye. It's all about football, 20 years of struggling has brought us down to the hard core minimum ten or so thousand fans.

When the football improves and we start getting results the supporters will come back not until.

sky_blue_up_north

Season tickets won't arrive until after the Preston game, lucky my paper tickets arrived yesterday

Nick

Administrator
You lot have been talking politics and business cases for so long you can't see the wood for the trees. People aren't going to rush back and watch them after the one off of Gillingham just because SISU have had a black eye. It's all about football, 20 years of struggling has brought us down to the hard core minimum ten or so thousand fans.

When the football improves and we start getting results the supporters will come back not until.
Through thick and thin no?

torchomatic

But we are trying to sell match tickets and season tickets in such a small window when normally there would a whole summer to sort some of these issues out. While I agree things could better organised it didn't stop 27K people doing it last week.

Only more reason the club has to do everything possible to encourage the fans to buy tickets, which at the moment they are doing the opposite, they are providing the fans on the fence easy excuses not to go.

It's as if they though once we come back to the Ricoh that everyone will just forget about the last 18 months.

Covstu

Its partly this reason but i think the whole 6fields saga scarred people a little bit too much also. On top of that it is about the experience, can i get tickets?, are they a reasonable price?, can i get a beer and a pie at half time without having to queue for 30 mins?, can i get into the ground without too much wait?

I am sure there are about thousand variances to what people would expect but if we are not meeting the basic expectations then you cannot expect to get people through the door.

Users who are viewing this thread