16 year old murdered in Wood End (2 Viewers)

Astute

It’s mad to think what’s going on. When I was growing up the black mum stereotype was strict as fuck and believe me my mum was. Any nonsense it was nipped in the bud straight away. I grew up in Hillfields and none of us were ever like this. It’s mental.

Also, that video ffs. Nonsense.
This made me laugh. Took me back a few years. Got a mate who is a big lad. Respected for who he is and not for being a w@nker. But when we went to his mother's house it was a different matter. She scared me. Helped keep me on the straight and narrow. Nothing like a black woman in full flight over something trivial. But we were never in any doubt who the boss was. Loved her to bits. Got the occasional look on the street when I called her mother :smuggrin: She treated me like her own. Always close to a right hander that never came. But she lit up everywhere she went.

clint van damme

Fond memories of the areas I grew up in :smuggrin:

Stricter sentences are needed. Give a minimum sentence for carrying a weapon. No chance of a sympathetic judge. The bigger the weapon the bigger the time.

it's got to happen.
Thing is, you'd get a guaranteed custodial for carrying a gun, and rightly so, but more people are being killed with knives than guns, they should be treated the same.

Astute

it's got to happen.
Thing is, you'd get a guaranteed custodial for carrying a gun, and rightly so, but more people are being killed with knives than guns, they should be treated the same.
I agree but for one thing. A lot more knives are carried than guns. If a knife has the same classification as a gun then many will see it as though they might as well carry a gun. If someone is willing to use a knife they will be willing to use a gun. I don't want us to end up anything like America.

Something like 2 years for a knife and 10 years for a gun would stop a lot of it. Especially if minimum sentence. And put more police on the streets. Get back to community policing. Take control of the streets back.

Macca

It does kind of bust the "hard city" myth that the place can be held to ransom by a group of semi feral scruffbags on BMX's. I can think of a few places where they would be taken out of action particularly when innocent kids were being robbed or murdered. Would be difficult to jump up and down waving your fingers with no kneecaps!

Astute

It does kind of bust the "hard city" myth that the place can be held to ransom by a group of semi feral scruffbags on BMX's. I can think of a few places where they would be taken out of action particularly when innocent kids were being robbed or murdered. Would be difficult to jump up and down waving your fingers with no kneecaps!
They see themselves as untouchable. If they get arrested they will most probably get a slap on the wrist. If they go to court it will most probably be a non custodian sentence. So what have they to fear?

Nick

Administrator
The thing is though, you could have a hard as nails bloke who gives them a slap. These pricks are the sort to break in your house at night and do a job on you while you are asleep.

They aren't going to fight one on one or anything.

tisza

System also falls down by the ridiculous % of cases that don't get solved or the CPS decides not to prosecute.
Also needs to be a proper totting up process - maybe not as extreme as some US states 3 and out- whereby each conviction has an automatic increase in length of custodial sentence. Think everyone is sick to death of cases where it turns out the person has a long list of previous convictions and still don't get proper sentences.
Often accepted that these idiots build a criminal history moving from multiple minor offences to more serious crime. How about cracking down earlier on?
All for education etc. as a preventive measure but should not excuse proper punishment when laws are broken.
Too much emphasis on the psychology/sociology etc. of those committing crime rather than protecting society as a whole from these people.
How can there be any justification for the case Lurker highlighted when the guy is carrying a Zombie knife? A curfew from 7pm until 7am - obvious from the video his crime was carried out in broad daylight so that isn't making a huge improvement to the safety of the general public .

covcity4life

zero tolerence is only way forward

carry a knife go to jail
use a knife go to jail for longer

either way you go to jail

also family upbrignings need to change. go back to being a moral society

this all started with teenage pregancies imo and also immigration plays a part for certain gangs but not all as our home grown teens r cunts too

stop so many benefits perhaps. make people work and get work ethic sop they pass it on to kids etc

drastic change is only way to fix this

Sky Blue Pete

carry a knife go to jail

this all started with teenage pregancies imo and also immigration plays a part for certain gangs but not all as our home grown teens r cunts too

stop so many benefits perhaps. make people work and get work ethic sop they pass it on to kids etc

From this all started are not solutions. There are so many models of activity that changes things for the better but this myth that capitalism pervades and predicates about you only matter if you have money or power is the root. Identity and value are the moral foundation points for me. Don’t throw those without a start by throwing them on the scrap heap.

hill83

carry a knife go to jail

Well I’m from a single parent immigrant household who was on benefits and my mum had me when she was 17.

covcity4life

From this all started are not solutions. There are so many models of activity that changes things for the better but this myth that capitalism pervades and predicates about you only matter if you have money or power is the root. Identity and value are the moral foundation points for me. Don’t throw those without a start by throwing them on the scrap heap.
yeah but these teen parents never mature,have kids who brought up by a bigger kid,then have their own kids etc i truly beleive this has led to the anti social generation

social media dont help either,i would try my best to show kids that its really pathetic to be glued to ya phone and try and bring them up right. but it wont be easy as all mates will be addicted to the popular apps etc

my mum(indian) told my neighbour(white) he was allowed to punish me if i was naughty. thats the sorta shit that keeps you in line

ill never fucking kick a ball against his garage let alone stab someone after i HAD to help him with his gardening :(

covcity4life

Well I’m from a single parent immigrant household who was on benefits and my mum had me when she was 17.
apologies if offended

Goes without saying that not every kid from a teen parent is gonna be a bad un. that wasnt my intention to say it like that. but its just a personal opinion i have that majority of these anti socail teens are prob from a background with young parents who swear,smoke,drink at home etc

maybe its just bollocks and the stats would not back me up. but its how i feel

hill83

I think the point is there is no one ‘type’ or one situation where people could end up in gangs etc.

As for growing up with no money and hardly being able to eat, and despite what the daily mail would say we didn’t have a massive tv, the main thing it taught me was to get a job so I could live a half decent life.

covcity4life

yeah fair enough, tbh what i did just now is also what i hate which is people having to give opinion on everything and also sterotyping. so in fact i take it all back

be a good person, bring kids up to be good. change world how we can

Nick

Administrator
yeah but these teen parents never mature,have kids who brought up by a bigger kid,then have their own kids etc i truly beleive this has led to the anti social generation

social media dont help either,i would try my best to show kids that its really pathetic to be glued to ya phone and try and bring them up right. but it wont be easy as all mates will be addicted to the popular apps etc

my mum(indian) told my neighbour(white) he was allowed to punish me if i was naughty. thats the sorta shit that keeps you in line

ill never fucking kick a ball against his garage let alone stab someone after i HAD to help him with his gardening :(
Are you sure you just weren't rented out for gardening jobs?

OffenhamSkyBlue

Arrest made in Oxford of a 16-year old who has been brought back to Cov on suspicion of JJ's murder.
I understand from a very reliable source that there was another sickening incident by the same Somali gang on Friday. Same PC attended both incidents - must be tough for him.
If they have sought asylum, cancel it and deport the fuckers with no opportunity for return to UK - EVER!
Incidentally, this wasn't just an ordinary knife out of your mum's kitchen drawer, but will say no more than that in case it compromises any trial ...

Sky Blue Pete

Arrest made in Oxford of a 16-year old who has been brought back to Cov on suspicion of JJ's murder.
I understand from a very reliable source that there was another sickening incident by the same Somali gang on Friday. Same PC attended both incidents - must be tough for him.
If they have sought asylum, cancel it and deport the fuckers with no opportunity for return to UK - EVER!
Incidentally, this wasn't just an ordinary knife out of your mum's kitchen drawer, but will say no more than that in case it compromises any trial ...
Not that simple with children but can’t argue with the sentiment

Johnnythespider

I've heard some details of what happened from a pretty reliable source, and this wasn't just a stabbing, i felt physically sick when i was told what was done to this lad and indeed his mates.

Johnnythespider

I've heard some details of what happened from a pretty reliable source, and this wasn't just a stabbing, i felt physically sick when i was told what was done to this lad and indeed his mates.
Just edited this in light of what Offenham said, but if i know many others will also

Johnnythespider

Just edited this in light of what Offenham said, but if i know many others will also
I have been against the death penalty all my life but i think they should hang whoever did this, those who carry knives need to know what awaits if they decide to use them.

Johnnythespider

I wouldn't want to be the PC who attended these incidents, i hope they are ok.

Nick

Administrator

Was this the same as Jayden or another one?

It's madness, I read today about a lad going out with a Zombie knife and kicking off with road rage and not getting jail.

clint van damme

What did i say then my number one stalker.

When I said you didn't, I meant you didn't get abuse.
I argued with you over the whether the rise in crime been down to the cut in police numbers.
No one disagreed with you over the harsher punishment for carrying a knife. You either imagined it, made it up or can't understand English.

Stalker, I'm just trying to stop you posting bullshit and making a fool of yourself. You should be grateful.

Users who are viewing this thread