13 oct v sheff u - time to put up or shut up! (3 Viewers)

Astute

Surely if you wanted to protest you would do it right outside the main stand that in turn would get maximum exposure if done peacefully and constructively.

Great idea. There would be a much bigger chance of scab v muppets than last game and the Sky cameras wouldn't be able to see anyone during the game.

Matty_CCFC

This game is a 4.00 PM kick off..when do clocks go back????..
need to make sure you can be seen on hill if so many going.

Is the hill near enough to ground for floodlights to light it up??

Or is it farther than that??

There are street lights all round the path, its the way the majority enter and leave the ground so no issue, it very well lighted.
Not sure what the light will be like towards end of game but to be honest it will make the game even better to watch than fromthe hill as the whole area is like a bowl, it will be like looking down onto the pitch, like being atbout two thirds up block 17 at the Ricoh.

Matty_CCFC

thinking of getting a head torch.

1) i will be able to see where i'm going.

2) i will be seen from the ground.

might get some glow sticks too.

If you do go you will be shocked how its all set up, you can see all the pitch from hill by moving around, the path at the top is a public walkway, they have a pub, a showcase, a McDonalds and some sort of Italian place within 100 yards of where we stand.
Its all very well lighted.

wafw1971

What 'costs' are we talking, surely the amount of money the venue will make from food and beverages sales if say 2 to 3 hundred people turn up should be enough. If a venue needs to charge then you shouldn't use that venue. Or am I missing something?

Matty_CCFC

What 'costs' are we talking, surely the amount of money the venue will make from food and beverages sales if say 2 to 3 hundred people turn up should be enough. If a venue needs to charge then you shouldn't use that venue. Or am I missing something?

Forget the venue idea.
Get to the Hill, show your feelings let there be more outside watching than inside.
Or an empty stadium, make a statement for one in your lives. Forget the beer and a burger for once and get to that fecking hill.

theferret

I've not exactly been behind the hill protests up until now, but surely if there is one game to turn up in numbers it is this one? I would be prepared to do something because it's an ideal opportunity to make a statement (in numbers) in front of the cameras. I've no idea what is to be gained from a big screen knees up in Coventry - it would get zero publicity.

skybluetony176

I've not exactly been behind the hill protests up until now, but surely if there is one game to turn up in numbers it is this one? I would be prepared to do something because it's an ideal opportunity to make a statement (in numbers) in front of the cameras. I've no idea what is to be gained from a big screen knees up in Coventry - it would get zero publicity.

does that mean you will be at the hill Mr The Ferret? would be good if you are.

RegTheDonk

tbf at this rate it'll be 5 on the hill, 5 walking out, 5 watching on a big screen in Coventry... and the rest spread between whatever other protest ideas pop up(!) so a protest of tea and scones round Fry-CCFCs house might end up being one of them at this rate!

I agree Northern. Fans who want to protest need to be united in one place.

For me it would be on the Hill because Sky will show it to some degree. They aren't going to send a camera crew anywhere else. And you don't have the problem of setting up a big screen and the potentially illegal consequences.

Nick

Administrator
First and foremost sky will.be filming the game in the ground... they might give a mention in build up, half time or after the game but if they cut away from the game to go onto the hill they would be in trouble surely?

SkyBlueScottie

You have never been to the hill have you? You can see all of the pitch from different parts of hill and form one point you see two thirds of playing area.
Yes, sit at home and do nothing while your team dies.

Surely he is contributing to the NOPM campaign? just as you are by standing on the hill and watching the game without paying an entrance fee.

Dress it up all you like, thats what you are doing. So it best not to be so quick to jump on your high horse claiming to be a better type of fan than others.

torchomatic

Can I give you my coveted "Post Of The Day" award?

Surely he is contributing to the NOPM campaign? just as you are by standing on the hill and watching the game without paying an entrance fee.

Dress it up all you like, thats what you are doing. So it best not to be so quick to jump on your high horse claiming to be a better type of fan than others.

bezzer

Well said SBS. It's people like that simpleton (Simon), who are creating more of the 'them' and 'us' divides.

As an aside, what I still can't get my head around is what the hell the Trust are doing, or not doing in this case. Having all these different protests just dilutes the impact.

Monners

Shall probably go to the hill as a protest. I don't really have an excuse not to with only being a couple of miles away. It would be a definate and not a probably if there had been more coordination, and leadership - and surely this should come from the Trust, and not a few well meaning individuals (and I don't mean that to be patronising). If it all turns a bit silly/nasty etc then I shall leave it at that and never darken the Sixfields door again.

Covstu

I am going to the game but i will certainly join the folk on the hill prior to the game but most people wont in the concern that abuse will be hurled at them when going into the ground. I think preferences aside for one day whilst we show the country we are one fan base!

pusbccfc

jaytskyblue

A major talking point will be the size of the 'home' crowd/s and the fact Cov fans have opposed the move out of Cov.

Don't go into Sixfields and be seen as literally visibly supporting the move.

RegTheDonk

Well said SBS. It's people like that simpleton (Simon), who are creating more of the 'them' and 'us' divides.

As an aside, what I still can't get my head around is what the hell the Trust are doing, or not doing in this case. Having all these different protests just dilutes the impact.

I agree - for the love of god, can the three main groups get their heads together and lets have a united front for this once-in-a-season televised game.

And once you've done that, get on the radio, into the telegraph, let the fans know what you plan (like the Broadgate demo). Not everyone uses the internet for their fix of sky blues news and goss.

I would urge a mass protest/watching the game from the Hill.

NorthernWisdom

I agree - for the love of god, can the three main groups get their heads together and lets have a united front for this once-in-a-season televised game.

And once you've done that, get on the radio, into the telegraph, let the fans know what you plan (like the Broadgate demo). Not everyone uses the internet for their fix of sky blues news and goss.

I would urge a mass protest/watching the game from the Hill.

Yeah FWIW I have my own views over what would work and what wouldn't.

I am, of course, right ;)

However, for the sake of one chance, if what's decided upon isn't what I would do personally... as long as the message sent is a positive, constructive, Cov should be in Cov message, I will go along with it, for the sake of numbers.

Because if these things have no numbers they do more harm than good in my view, and doing nothing is the better option than doing something badly.

So... I'm prepared to compromise, rather than stick dogmatically to my ideas or nothing... is everybody else?

torchomatic

I was going to say you'd be good on the board of one of the campaigns then you ruined it all by saying "compromise".

Yeah FWIW I have my own views over what would work and what wouldn't.

I am, of course, right ;)

However, for the sake of one chance, if what's decided upon isn't what I would do personally... as long as the message sent is a positive, constructive, Cov should be in Cov message, I will go along with it, for the sake of numbers.

Because if these things have no numbers they do more harm than good in my view, and doing nothing is the better option than doing something badly.

So... I'm prepared to compromise, rather than stick dogmatically to my ideas or nothing... is everybody else?

NorthernWisdom

Everything is compromise to an extent though isn't it?

The problem is people sticking to something and convincing themselves it's working because they're not big enough to admit it isn't.

What's worked so far is a march through Coventry, that's the only thing that's got numbers. Other things might get some media attention, but the message sent out of small numbers is that nobody can give a fuck!

So there's a choice for Sheff Utd. Ideally get something everybody can get enthusiastically behind.

Failing that, accept numbers won't happen by themselves, and be prepared to commit to being one of a number, hoping others will do likewise.

It needs a message, it needs a consistent message, and it needs within that mesage the call to unity rather than division.

skybluetony176

I was going to say you'd be good on the board of one of the campaigns then you ruined it all by saying "compromise".

what do you want to compromise?

should the club return home or stay in Northampton? i would hope the answer to that is a no brainer for any CCFC fan!

should the worse owners in the clubs history be allowed to stay on as custodians of our club? again, i would hope the answer to that is a no brainer for any CCFC fan!

over too you

pusbccfc

The hill will have media coverage.

I'm going to email the tv companies etc to see what reply I get.

MichaelCCFC

Everything is compromise to an extent though isn't it?

The problem is people sticking to something and convincing themselves it's working because they're not big enough to admit it isn't.

What's worked so far is a march through Coventry, that's the only thing that's got numbers. Other things might get some media attention, but the message sent out of small numbers is that nobody can give a fuck!

So there's a choice for Sheff Utd. Ideally get something everybody can get enthusiastically behind.

Failing that, accept numbers won't happen by themselves, and be prepared to commit to being one of a number, hoping others will do likewise.

It needs a message, it needs a consistent message, and it needs within that mesage the call to unity rather than division.

Northern, some wisdom is definitely required and what you say about compromise is spot on. So if we ignore everyone else on here, can I ask you for a simple yes/no to the following. My suggestion is based on if there is any conflict between City fans at sixfields on 13 oct that is the story any media will focus on just as happened v Brentford. The message I want the day to be about is that 'the overwhelming majority of city fans believe ccfc belongs in Coventry, without fans there is no football so all those involved need to sit down and get us back to the Ricoh asap.' I therefore think that on 13 oct we should keep away from sixfields and instead gather at a venue in Coventry to watch on a big screen. A couple of venues close to the city centre are interested but want to have an estimate of numbers so I'm in a catch-22 at the moment because I can't publicise a named venue till I have an idea of numbers and at the moment that is as clear as mud. I would also very much like the event to be tied to raising money for the Alzheimer's Society. Sky will cover it if it provides something for them to film - colour/noise/numbers. The small crowd size at sixfields will provide a story in itself about our plight. I will contact specific journalists and do a general press release as for the Colchester game and would anticipate a similar level of coverage. So, on the basis of compromise, any chance of a 'yes' from you and see if we can get the ball rolling? Cheers!

NorthernWisdom

So, on the basis of compromise, any chance of a 'yes' from you and see if we can get the ball rolling? Cheers!

Have you spoken to turkey trot recently?

I will guarantee that whatever the 'officially' sanctioned decision is, I'll be there.

I've already said that to him...but his location appears to be different to yours and quite frankly I'm buggered if I know anymore where I'm supposed to be turning up ;)

(FWIW I think you're overly worrying about confrontation in Northampton. Small numbers confronted, more there and they become background noise/easier to be shouted down by the majority)

Users who are viewing this thread