13 oct v sheff u - time to put up or shut up! (3 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Have you spoken to turkey trot recently?

I will guarantee that whatever the 'officially' sanctioned decision is, I'll be there.

I've already said that to him...but his location appears to be different to yours and quite frankly I'm buggered if I know anymore where I'm supposed to be turning up ;)

(FWIW I think you're overly worrying about confrontation in Northampton. Small numbers confronted, more there and they become background noise/easier to be shouted down by the majority)

Agreed, numbers were very low Sunday. They'll be shouted down.

MichaelCCFC

Have you spoken to turkey trot recently?

I will guarantee that whatever the 'officially' sanctioned decision is, I'll be there.

I've already said that to him...but his location appears to be different to yours and quite frankly I'm buggered if I know anymore where I'm supposed to be turning up ;)

(FWIW I think you're overly worrying about confrontation in Northampton. Small numbers confronted, more there and they become background noise/easier to be shouted down by the majority)

Thanks, Northern. Trust are not getting involved at all and I won't get to speak to TT till weekend which is unfortunate, hence trying to get some sense of where people are at. I'm scarred not by what actually happened on Sunday but by the storm it created - it was not a good 48 hours. But also remember the Bristol city game - sky gave as much coverage to 2 city fans arguing at sixfields as to the thousands at the ricoh for the legends game. 2 idiots at sheff u and that's what the media will cover. But as a compromise how about we get out of the either/or cul-de-sac and say the ideal scenario (which has been suggested previously) is something on the hill plus an event in cov. We know lots of people won't go to Northampton under any circumstances and others would prefer something in cov anyway. An inclusive media approach would be as I said previously but with the added point that City fans are showing their opposition to the move in different ways but under the same broad umbrella. If it worked, it would potentially have more impact than one event with lower numbers than two events combined. What do you reckon?

torchomatic

WTF? We're talking about protests here, aren't we for the Sheff Utd game? There seem to be loads of people who want to protest in different ways. I was saying if one or two groups compromised and then did the same thing then it would have a greater impact. Nothing to do with the fact we need to return to Cov.

what do you want to compromise?

should the club return home or stay in Northampton? i would hope the answer to that is a no brainer for any CCFC fan!

should the worse owners in the clubs history be allowed to stay on as custodians of our club? again, i would hope the answer to that is a no brainer for any CCFC fan!

over too you

torchomatic

"Whatever" is my guess.

The hill will have media coverage.

I'm going to email the tv companies etc to see what reply I get.

stupot07

I'll be sat at home watching it on sky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

RegTheDonk

Im a bit amazed that all the hard work of the dedicated few on the Hill would be lost by having an alternative gig away from media coverage, just because a few nobs wanted to throw handbags. If I wasn't a porper, I'd donate money towards hiring coaches and making banners, just to try and ensure there was a big turnout.

This is the ONE chance in Northampton this season to do something that could have some real impact. Not only for Sky viewers, but those abroad that take the feed.

Don't blow it.

letsallsingtogether

Your wasting your time micheal there are only 3 options here

1 Go to Sixfields and go in the ground and watch the game.

2 Go to Sixfields and protest peacefully on the Hill

3 stay at home.

The supporters of this City can't be bothered came on 1 march and feel that should have been enough.
look how many turned up for the CCFC Birthdat Bash I did but it was embarrassing people just don't care anymore.

Northern, some wisdom is definitely required and what you say about compromise is spot on. So if we ignore everyone else on here, can I ask you for a simple yes/no to the following. My suggestion is based on if there is any conflict between City fans at sixfields on 13 oct that is the story any media will focus on just as happened v Brentford. The message I want the day to be about is that 'the overwhelming majority of city fans believe ccfc belongs in Coventry, without fans there is no football so all those involved need to sit down and get us back to the Ricoh asap.' I therefore think that on 13 oct we should keep away from sixfields and instead gather at a venue in Coventry to watch on a big screen. A couple of venues close to the city centre are interested but want to have an estimate of numbers so I'm in a catch-22 at the moment because I can't publicise a named venue till I have an idea of numbers and at the moment that is as clear as mud. I would also very much like the event to be tied to raising money for the Alzheimer's Society. Sky will cover it if it provides something for them to film - colour/noise/numbers. The small crowd size at sixfields will provide a story in itself about our plight. I will contact specific journalists and do a general press release as for the Colchester game and would anticipate a similar level of coverage. So, on the basis of compromise, any chance of a 'yes' from you and see if we can get the ball rolling? Cheers!

skybluetony176

WTF? We're talking about protests here, aren't we for the Sheff Utd game? There seem to be loads of people who want to protest in different ways. I was saying if one or two groups compromised and then did the same thing then it would have a greater impact. Nothing to do with the fact we need to return to Cov.

my apologise i misread your post. sorry.

stupot07

3 stay at home.

The supporters of this City can't be bothered came on 1 march and feel that should have been enough.
look how many turned up for the CCFC Birthdat Bash I did but it was embarrassing people just don't care anymore.

Hang on, I thought 90% of supporters were doing something in adopting NOPM?

The fact is, for the majority of fans the sheff Utd game will be the first and potentially only opportunity to watch the city this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

letsallsingtogether

Well if the treads on here are to be believed it is not working so need to step it up.

They need to Come on the hill show their distaste and distrust for all that is happening, watch some of the game if you want to.

The fact is, for the majority of fans the sheff Utd game will be the first and potentially only opportunity to watch the city this season.

thaiskyblue

Well if the treads on here are to be believed it is not working so need to step it up.

They need to Come on the hill show their distaste and distrust for all that is happening, watch some of the game if you want to.
only interested if it's a sit in on the pitch, all the other stuff in my opinion looks lame.

Nick

Administrator

3 stay at home.

What birthday bash?

pusbccfc

Most people can't be bothered to go anymore. I doubt they care about NOPM.

MichaelCCFC

3 stay at home.

Bit harsh, chap. Considering the last dozen years or more, never mind the horror of the last few months, I often think it's amazing there are any City fans left at all. I'm again hearing of 2 big screen events that will be taking place in cov and once TT's back I'm sure everything will swing in to action for sixfields - it was a rough 48 hours after Sunday and TT will have a clearer perspective. So my big hope remains that a shared message that ccfc belongs in cov will work with lots of people supporting it even if in different ways (the joy of being an eternal optimist!)

NorthernWisdom

Thanks, Northern. Trust are not getting involved at all and I won't get to speak to TT till weekend which is unfortunate, hence trying to get some sense of where people are at. I'm scarred not by what actually happened on Sunday but by the storm it created - it was not a good 48 hours. But also remember the Bristol city game - sky gave as much coverage to 2 city fans arguing at sixfields as to the thousands at the ricoh for the legends game. 2 idiots at sheff u and that's what the media will cover. But as a compromise how about we get out of the either/or cul-de-sac and say the ideal scenario (which has been suggested previously) is something on the hill plus an event in cov. We know lots of people won't go to Northampton under any circumstances and others would prefer something in cov anyway. An inclusive media approach would be as I said previously but with the added point that City fans are showing their opposition to the move in different ways but under the same broad umbrella. If it worked, it would potentially have more impact than one event with lower numbers than two events combined. What do you reckon?

OK, this is just my personal view and opinion (at the risk of mirroring OSB's introductions ;) ).

I really think splitting things is instigating doubt, nobody has a clue where anybody's supposed to be going, and this doubt will mean people end up doing nothing if you're not careful.

Like it or not, the cameras will be at Northampton.

Like it or not, the cameras during the game will be trained on the ground.

Like it or not, everywhere bar Coventry, pubs will show the game, but not the intro or conclusion to the game. Therefore to get any attention, like it or not it needs people in the ground.

'Ah but that's giving money to SISU!' I hear you say. Well it's one game, and one game only. They're hardly going to be jumping up and down with my £13 or whatever it is. They are more than CCFC after all!

However, we can go round and round and round in circles here. Ultimately, those who go into the ground and want to walk out would end up on the hill anyway. I personally think the hill is a waste of time, but if it means numbers, I'll go there. It would be nice if others, in return, would commit to going in the ground and walking out as it'd make a statement (meet me halfway for god's sake! If I'll do the hill, do that in return!) but, well, I can't force anybody.

However, have an event in Coventry, you desperately miss the chance, more so than outside the ground. introducing the doubt (for whatever noble reasons) is just making people confused.

If I were you, I would be sticking to the original plan, and pushing for numbers (alas, this is where Les Reid onside would be handy ;) ) but get some flyers ready for this weekend's game, hand them out in Cov City centre... get a clear, concise plan together that's easy to follow.

Pointing out if this fails, then to get momentum back will be hard.

Now... on a personal level i have doubts about numbers. TurkeyTrot however seems confident he can get numbers to Northampton. It's a different kettle of fish to the march as it's not as easy to just rock up but, well, to give him his due there were numbers there. I may have my doubts, but somewhere I have to take a leap of faith and give him the chance to prove me wrong.

I'd suggest if you're worried about nobody turning up in Northampton/trouble, give him the chance to prove you wrong too.

If after the event it turns out I was right, you were right, then instead of recriminations we can all take it as a reality check, and talk, like adults (and most of us are, aren't we?) about a way forward.

Now that's just one person's view, I'm no more right nor wrong than you as this is all the unknowns... but the confused messages are doing no end of damage. Keep it clear, keep it simple.

MichaelCCFC

OK, this is just my personal view and opinion (at the risk of mirroring OSB's introductions ;) ).

I really think splitting things is instigating doubt, nobody has a clue where anybody's supposed to be going, and this doubt will mean people end up doing nothing if you're not careful.

Like it or not, everywhere bar Coventry, pubs will show the game, but not the intro or conclusion to the game. Therefore to get any attention, like it or not it needs people in the ground.

'Ah but that's giving money to SISU!' I hear you say. Well it's one game, and one game only. They're hardly going to be jumping up and down with my £13 or whatever it is. They are more than CCFC after all!

However, we can go round and round and round in circles here. Ultimately, those who go into the ground and want to walk out would end up on the hill anyway. I personally think the hill is a waste of time, but if it means numbers, I'll go there. It would be nice if others, in return, would commit to going in the ground and walking out as it'd make a statement (meet me halfway for god's sake! If I'll do the hill, do that in return!) but, well, I can't force anybody.

However, have an event in Coventry, you desperately miss the chance, more so than outside the ground. introducing the doubt (for whatever noble reasons) is just making people confused.

If I were you, I would be sticking to the original plan, and pushing for numbers (alas, this is where Les Reid onside would be handy ;) ) but get some flyers ready for this weekend's game, hand them out in Cov City centre... get a clear, concise plan together that's easy to follow.

Now... on a personal level i have doubts about numbers. TurkeyTrot however seems confident he can get numbers to Northampton. It's a different kettle of fish to the march as it's not as easy to just rock up but, well, to give him his due there were numbers there. I may have my doubts, but somewhere I have to take a leap of faith and give him the chance to prove me wrong.

I'd suggest if you're worried about nobody turning up in Northampton/trouble, give him the chance to prove you wrong too.

If after the event it turns out I was right, you were right, then instead of recriminations we can all take it as a reality check, and talk, like adults (and most of us are, aren't we?) about a way forward.

Now that's just one person's view, I'm no more right nor wrong than you as this is all the unknowns... but the confused messages are doing no end of damage. Keep it clear, keep it simple.

Cheers, Northern. Didn't mean to cause confusion - I believe that if you talk things through (argue them out!) you end up with a better decision. TT is an unsung hero and one of the masterminds of the march and rally so if anyone can create unity and a successful event it's him - no pressure there then!

letsallsingtogether

It maybe a bit harsh but that is the way we have been made to feel by uncaring owners past and present.

As the heading on this Tread states Put Up or Shut Up posters are only happy when they are slagging off people that are doing something, whether that is protesting on the hill or going to the matches!
so stay at home and shut up if that is there choice. If it upsets them Good don't care anymore if they want to put their point across I will be pleased to meet anyone on the Hill......

Just ask for Alek

Bit harsh, chap. Considering the last dozen years or more, never mind the horror of the last few months, I often think it's amazing there are any City fans left at all. I'm again hearing of 2 big screen events that will be taking place in cov and once TT's back I'm sure everything will swing in to action for sixfields - it was a rough 48 hours after Sunday and TT will have a clearer perspective. So my big hope remains that a shared message that ccfc belongs in cov will work with lots of people supporting it even if in different ways (the joy of being an eternal optimist!)

pusbccfc

I better start my banner creation.

On the road leading to sixfields, I'm planning on putting a few banners up there.

Nick

Administrator
It maybe a bit harsh but that is the way we have been made to feel by uncaring owners past and present.

As the heading on this Tread states Put Up or Shut Up posters are only happy when they are slagging off people that are doing something, whether that is protesting on the hill or going to the matches!
so stay at home and shut up if that is there choice. If it upsets them Good don't care anymore if they want to put their point across I will be pleased to meet anyone on the Hill......

Just ask for Alek

Surely staying at home is not giving them money? If they go to games they are heartless and weak so the only way to be a fan is to stand on the hill?

This sort of attitude is why some won't bother with the hill.

torchomatic

You know I'm pretty tired of reading how you and those others on the hill are being portrayed as some kind of saints. You're not. Good on you for choosing to do that, but the 100 or so that do are no better than the 1500 who go in or the 9000 that stay away completely.

Just ask for Alek

sky blue john

You know I'm pretty tired of reading how you and those others on the hill are
being portrayed as some kind of saints. You're not. Good on you for choosing to do that, but the 100 or so that do are no better than the 1500 who go in or the 9000 that stay away completely.

Im fed up with people knocking fans for doing what they believe in whether that is going into the game, standing on the hill or staying at home.
I will say that i believe the hill standers are making the biggest sacrifice for the cause in terms of time and effort.
Obviously their effort seems to embarrass yours to speak out with such condemnation !!!!

Grendel

Im fed up with people knocking fans for doing what they believe in whether that is going into the game, standing on the hill or staying at home.
I will say that i believe the hill standers are making the biggest sacrifice for the cause in terms of time and effort.
Obviously their effort seems to embarrass yours to speak out with such condemnation !!!!

What are they sacrificing exactly - they watch the game.

Noggin

I agree with alot of that but the problem is if you don't get enough numbers the plan is harmful not helpful and the fact the organisation has been so haphazard and the fact the media and nopm have fallen out there is almost no hope of success. The smarter option is to say we are having a mass protest on the hill, get everyone there, if it turns out there is thousands of people then the organiser with a megaphone can announce a plan. If you get hundreds you have a nice protest on the hill, if you get thousands you can all go in and walk out, causing some chaos in the protest with thousands trying to buy tickets etc. It might end up delaying the start of the game too causing more coverage.

You need to start with a plan that works 100% of the time however many people turn up, if you start with a plan that is harmful if not enough turn up then it's self fullfilling, not enough people will turn up, people will say a few hundred people leaving won't be noticed, im not giving money to sisu. Arranging groups to watch in Coventry is unhelpful whatever protest is chosen.

Last edited:

italiahorse

Surely staying at home is not giving them money? If they go to games they are heartless and weak so the only way to be a fan is to stand on the hill?

This sort of attitude is why some won't bother with the hill.

Don't take the views of 1 or 2 as the views of the majority.
Similarly don't take the actions of 1 or 2 as the actions of the majority.

I think a good show of numbers on the hill is a good opportunity to make a point. No guarantees but worth a punt.
Ignore the few and get on the hill for a peaceful protest that will be seen by the cameras.
If you can't make the hill then at the very least stay at home rather than go into sixfields so as to maximise the difference between those in and those out.
The idea is to show, SISU, the media and other teams fans that we have a good following should the team come back to the Ricoh.

italiahorse

What are they sacrificing exactly - they watch the game.

You have obviously not been. There is a big stand in the way that will frustrate the fcuk out of someone watching.
Only a idiot would think it is as good as being in the ground. Oh hang on .........

Grappa

This is shambolic. Why put yourself up for a leadership role if you are unable to lead? The Trust/kcic/nopm or whatever they're calling themselves today have burnt bridges with Sisu and now the press. They've split into factions when unity is needed. This scattergun approach is, quite frankly, embarrassing.

torchomatic

What condemnation? I said "good on them". However, I disagree they are making the "biggest sacrifice"? How do you work that one out?

simple_simon

Those who have been on the Hill will confirm that its a decent view, do not knock it till you have actually tried it. When they built this venue they must have known that you can see two thirds of the pitch at any one time, by moving around to one side or the other you can see all the pitch and both goals.
There is a small stand in the way (where a few City fans sit as cheaper seats) but its not very big.
anyone who goes will be suprised at what they find, especially the pub and eating places 100 yards behind you.

Grendel

You have obviously not been. There is a big stand in the way that will frustrate the fcuk out of someone watching.
Only a idiot would think it is as good as being in the ground. Oh hang on .........

Those who have been on the Hill will confirm that its a decent view, do not knock it till you have actually tried it. When they built this venue they must have known that you can see two thirds of the pitch at any one time, by moving around to one side or the other you can see all the pitch and both goals.
There is a small stand in the way (where a few City fans sit as cheaper seats) but its not very big.
anyone who goes will be suprised at what they find, especially the pub and eating places 100 yards behind you.

Only an idiot would make things up and yes I have been.

What condemnation? I said "good on them". However, I disagree they are making the "biggest sacrifice"? How do you work that one out?

Sorry Torch but I don't think sitting at home or going into the ground makes any real sacrifice but making a 70 mile round trip to stand on a windy hill like flying pickets takes some commitment, I currently am staying away but will join the hill billys for the Sheffield game in the hope it gets some coverage from Sky.

torchomatic

Sorry Torch but I don't think sitting at home or going into the ground makes any real sacrifice but making a 70 mile round trip to stand on a windy hill like flying pickets takes some commitment, I currently am staying away but will join the hill billys for the Sheffield game in the hope it gets some coverage from Sky.

I disagree. After 40 plus years of support not going to see my team IS a sacrifice. I woyld imagine the thousands of other stays ways feel the same.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread