Match Thread ⚽️ Sunderland vs Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 31st Jul (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Sunderland fans crying about having bottles, coins, bags of shit and god knows what else thrown at them all game again

There was one bottle and one flare.

Thankfully both who threw them were caught. It's not acceptable.

Their fans were horredous though once again, by some way the quietest home fans at this level.

Samo

Their fans were horredous though once again, by some way the quietest home fans at this level.

Yeah there'a a lot of them but they don't get behind their side do they?

Bad Boy

And yet the Sky commentators were saying it was a tremendous atmosphere.
Really???
There were long passages of play when you could hear a pin drop.
Clearly you could hear our support quite well at times.

Garlana86

After seeing the lineup I was worried as I felt everything was going their way, first game back, huge crowd, us with a reshuffled team due to injuries. I said I'd take a draw at the start of the game and in the end I guess we have to be content with that.

We came In to it second half but we were our own worst enemy at times and the other worry was did we only come into it because they sat back?

Maatsen is missed but not alot we can do there, Bidwell wasn't up to it, that's a key area we need to sort asap and Dabo being fit is huge for us. Hopefully Palmer or Tavares start next game. Fingers and toes crossed for a big win next weekend with Godden getting in on the goals.

Evo1883

Thought we were quite poor .. slow moving the ball Eccles isn't a wing back , but we probably should have won .

Great finish by vik unusually bad miss by godden ..

We take the point

Sunderland were poor I thought , looked tired after 25 , couldn't have played us at a better time

Evo1883

I appreciate it was the opening day ..so it's reasonable to say some were just not quite there yet

The inclusion of Eccles at wing back wound me up I can't lie

Gint11

Fairly content to be fair. Thought we were rusty and off it 1st half. Passing was poor but we grew into the game. Hamer was poor for me and Eccles (although he was doing a job). Subs changed the game too so fair play to MR for that.

Panzo looks a great addition. We missed COH. Great finish from Vik who worked tirelessly and yet again, got fouled a lot.

With Panzos strike, Goddens miss and our goal we could have had 3. Take a point at a tough fixture and move on. I think most of it was first game rustiness.

ProfessorbyGrace

I bet this is the only point that Sunderland accrue before Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread