Match Thread ⚽️ Stoke City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 22nd Oct (1 Viewer)

Offhegoes

MR said "months" "ankle ligament injury"
Did it blocking ball (foot elevated) on Weds, then landing/body weight upon putting foot down exacerbated it...
If we’re going to lose one player for a long spell with injury, we’d probably pick Matty (with all due respect). Great finisher but he doesn’t work with Vik, and with Walker, Tavares and Waghorn we do have some cover there. Not sure what’s happened with Godden. Since we’ve been back in The Championship he’s scored goals, but had injury issues. Gets a run of games recently and does nothing. Maybe the switch of tactics doesn’t suit his game.

Finham

Sitting with a smirk on my face. Knew it might be a good day when this morning my dog ran up to a woman, walking her labrador in the park, and started barking and howling at her. I was about to apologise, when I saw she was wearing a Wasps top. My prejudice then won out!
"Who's a good girl, yes you are!"

Covkid1968#

larry_david

Jamie Allen is put to the floor just inside our own half in the build up to Hamer's goal. By the time Hamer shoots, Allen is on the penalty spot. Sums him up - never stops running.
Being a really negative nelly, summed Allen up that he got caught on the ball and nearly cost us the counter attack.

If I was really REALLY negative I'd say his hesitation also let the defender catch him for the goal

However I'm positive so it's irrelevant

Londonccfcfan

If that Hamer goal was Haaland or similar, it'll be jizzed over by Sky.... be interesting to see where it ranks when it's us.
His goal for me vs Luton was better...not alot in it. Both absolute gems.

Today's goal he won the ball near centre circle which started the move.

Loving how clinical we are.

Usually we need 10 chances to score 1.

GIMOC

Really don’t think we’ll miss either of them We’ve outgrown them both

i agree to a certain extent but with the amount of games coming up. Burnout for Vik. He looked knackered last 15 mins yesterday. Should have took him off with 10 to go and bought Tavares on

slowpoke

He got himself in great positions at least twice before his goal but the ball never made it to him.
After MacFadz Allen was our stand out player, why can’t people admit that, quick to get on his back and often seem disappointed when they can’t, he was one of our best v Sheffield United too.

skyblu3sk

Allen is a medium championship player. He runs his arse off and tries his best but I'd say he's at his peak at the moment I'd be really surprised if he goes any further. That sounds like I have a downer on him but I don't. He does a job and does it alright. Way better option than say Shipley.

slowpoke

Sadly Allen has replaced Shipley as the boo boy, everyone of our squad are championship players and at the moment no more. Could Allen be replaced with better ? of course but so could any of our squad. Think it’s time fans gave Allen a break.

NorthernWisdom

Allen is a medium championship player. He runs his arse off and tries his best but I'd say he's at his peak at the moment I'd be really surprised if he goes any further. That sounds like I have a downer on him but I don't. He does a job and does it alright. Way better option than say Shipley.
Got no problem at all with people saying Hamer and O'Hare are better players than him (they are) but he's been downgraded to rubbish this season, even in the gamees when he's been one of our more effective midfielders some people are still looking for the occasions to prove their point that he's rubbish.

He's 2022's Sheaf.

skyblu3sk

Got no problem at all with people saying Hamer and O'Hare are better players than him (they are) but he's been downgraded to rubbish this season, even in the gamees when he's been one of our more effective midfielders some people are still looking for the occasions to prove their point that he's rubbish.

He's 2022's Sheaf.
I deffo wouldn't say he's rubbish. He just technically isn't as gifted. His game is all about effort and the amount he can motor around the pitch. That doesn't make him crap it makes him limited. Although if he pops up with more goals you'd have to start increasing that!

NorthernWisdom

I deffo wouldn't say he's rubbish. He just technically isn't as gifted. His game is all about effort and the amount he can motor around the pitch. That doesn't make him crap it makes him limited. Although if he pops up with more goals you'd have to start increasing that!
He can actually pick a good pass though - he often pings a nice incisive one. What's often underhit is the along the ground ones, but so were O'Hare's last season - I do wonder if the training pitches are cut lower than a pitch made for rugby as well, and that affects him.

Btw, I'm not arguing that he's more limited than Hamer, and am basically agreeing with you to an extent(!) but do wonder if sometimes there are mitigating factors. Maybe we'll see if the stadium ends up just for us ;)

Users who are viewing this thread