Match Thread ⚽️ Stoke City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 22nd Oct (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Stoke City vs Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

Torquay Sky Blue

Stoke had 28 shots , 12 on target last night and still lost. It ain't gonna be easy. Settle for a 0-0 and 1-0 against Rotherham next week

Philosorapter

Stoke City (1467) Vs Coventry City (1412)
13.0.1.gif 13.0.4.PNG

Attachments

• 13.0.2.gif
    13.0.2.gif
    44.6 KB · Views: 34

AOM

Is Waghorn injured? Would give him a start instead of Godden if not.

Think Hamer will come back in for Eccles which seems a bit harsh as I think he's done well the last few games.
Maybe Palmer for Allen too.

Nice to finally have options. Imagine it's too early for O'Hare though

Saddlebrains

Sheaf's suspended so will be Hamer and Eccles in the middle

Would start Palmer in the 10

Don't be surprised to see Callum on the bench

If fit Waghorn start over Godden (never thought id ever say that)

Skyblueweeman

Second time this season we'll come up against an Alex Neil team. They're a bit consistent since he's been at Stoke so not really sure which Stoke we'll come up against. Would've been better if they'd won last night as he'll certainly be expecting a reaction from them on Saturday.

Warwickhunt

Sheaf's suspended so will be Hamer and Eccles in the middle

Would start Palmer in the 10

Don't be surprised to see Callum on the bench

If fit Waghorn start over Godden (never thought id ever say that)
Waghorn is not a bad player at all! very experienced at this level and knows how to play from the front. i would be pleased for him if it eventually works out for him

PVA

Would definitely expect some minutes for O'Hare and Kelly off the bench

One player I am worried about in terms of fitness is Bidwell. Obviously with no cover he's playing every minute of every game in a position that takes a lot out of you.

Obviously he's doing great so far. Hopefully he can make it through to January and we can sign a backup/competition.

GaryJones

Does anyone know if you can pay at the gate for the Stoke game??

Saddlebrains

Think we would all take a point here

Keep the unbeaten run going

Tbf il not be too distraught with a loss as long as we win the 2 home games v Rotherham and Wigan next week as I feel they're '6pointers' and will be down there come the end of the season

Londonccfcfan

Think we would all take a point here

Keep the unbeaten run going

Tbf il not be too distraught with a loss as long as we win the 2 home games v Rotherham and Wigan next week as I feel they're '6pointers' and will be down there come the end of the season

You were distraught on another thread about 2 weeks ago. And now 2 weeks later you wont be too disappointed with a defeat. Lol

Londonccfcfan

Yes really tough game here Stoke absolutely battered Rotherham the other day in all but scoreline. But I see another win here.

A draw would be fantastic result going into a run of hone games.

Bad Boy

Yes really tough game here Stoke absolutely battered Rotherham the other day in all but scoreline. But I see another win here.

A draw would be fantastic result going into a run of hone games.
We can dick the clayheads.
Thee conna kick a bow.

Last edited:

Saddlebrains

You were distraught on another thread about 2 weeks ago. And now 2 weeks later you wont be too disappointed with a defeat. Lol

Yes Chief Hindsight I was, we were leaking goals at an alarming rate, Gyok was out of sorts, Hamer suspended every 5 minutes and a keeper who completely forgot what has doing.

Were still in the bottom 3 and are struggling to score goals, while it may not be panic stations, until were a comfortable 5 or 6 points above the the relegation zone il be worried

Gint11

No reason why we can’t go there and win. 2.5k turnout is tremendous

Legia Sky Blue

Think this will be a tough game. Sounds like they dominated their mid week game and are probably due a change of luck. They also have an extra 24 hours rest on us so might have a little more energy. This is where not starting Hamer on Wednesday will be of benefit though, and it would also be nice to have O'Hare on the bench to bring a bit of energy of our own if needed. If I were MR I would also be tempted to bring in Waghorn for Godden if he's fit and possibly Palmer for Allen. I'd be happy with a draw right now.

rexo87

Why would we change what’s working for now while key players will be and continue to be out?
As much as it's working in terms of the result I wouldn't say we've deserved to win either game. Defensively digging in has got us over the line. Godden has been a passenger

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

slowpoke

As much as it's working in terms of the result I wouldn't say we've deserved to win either game. Defensively digging in has got us over the line. Godden has been a passenger

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Stoke away is always a tough game, but playing an in-form Coventry City is a tough game, we are equipt to get a result v anyone and I think we’ll get a result Saturday.

Matt smith

Eccles Gus
Palmer Allen
Vik

Please cal on the bench

sounds like the manager keeping his cards close to his chest

Users who are viewing this thread