Match Thread ⚽️ Norwich City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Sep (1 Viewer)

Matt smith

We just need a win. Or to at least go in front and give us something to hang onto. Even today mcfadz goal 9/10 stands and gyokeres, if he has had a bust up because he thinks he's too good for us, well he should have put that chance away and then it's 2-1 and game on.

But we need something QUICK
Morale boosting win against the baggies

we never beat west brom

shepardo01

What selection changes would you make for next week
I wouldn't leave Hamer out, and i dont think MR will either. MR says "he needs a performance"..... here's hoping it comes on Saturday at home.

He'll be thinking about the right side of the back 5, but as with midfield, is very limited as to what he can do... even if we bring a free agent in this week, he is usually loathed to throw any new signing straight in.

Personally think He'll go one up, probably, as it is at home, Vik....

Who knows.... he is limited as to what he can do!... already alluded to West Brom being better than us in post match interview.....

alexccfc99

Games like that won’t define us, I can take being beaten by a side who are probably a Premier League team in waiting but I can’t take some of the sloppiness and attitude that was on show today

Positive though I’ve had a lot to say about the crowd in recent weeks but the away end was excellent today

Brighton Sky Blue

Games like that won’t define us, I can take being beaten by a side who are probably a Premier League team in waiting but I can’t take some of the sloppiness and attitude that was on show today

Positive though I’ve had a lot to say about the crowd in recent weeks but the away end was excellent today

Did our best with what crap was being served out there. Norwich completely silent despite having everything to shout about.

Grendel

Ian1779

Had anyone said Robins has lost the dressing room yet?
I don’t think he has .

I heard what he said on CWR - I don’t think he was unreasonable, and as professional players they should be resilient enough to take some warranted critique.

Brighton Sky Blue

There's a big difference between a squad that's simply low on confidence and a manager that's lost the dressing room, which is pure conjecture at this stage.

More than one player looked disinterested but Gyo especially looked the least up for it I’ve seen from him so far. Distinctly like he just didn’t want to be there

PVA

More than one player looked disinterested but Gyo especially looked the least up for it I’ve seen from him so far. Distinctly like he just didn’t want to be there

Yes I agree about Vik and in fact I said the same thing in here during the match.

But that still doesn't mean he's lost the dressing room

Ian1779

It could also be that he came on at HT and realised it was a futile effort considering the fuck ups from the first 45….

Matt smith

Annoyingly rose should be dropped but we don’t have another right sided center back so what do you do

hamer Sheaf and Allen in midfield

godden and vik up top

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes I agree about Vik and in fact I said the same thing in here during the match.

But that still doesn't mean he's lost the dressing room

To be clear I don’t think he has either-yet. But it looks close to the tipping point, a lot of players just didn’t give close to their best.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Annoyingly rose should be dropped but we don’t have another right sided center back so what do you do

hamer Sheaf and Allen in midfield

godden and vik up top

I really think we need to go four at the back. More shit defenders doesn't = less goals conceded. The wingbacks (Dabo) also have very little end product so it's sort of pointless.

Brighton Sky Blue

I really think we need to go four at the back. More shit defenders doesn't = less goals conceded. The wingbacks (Dabo) also have very little end product so it's sort of pointless.

2 goals conceded by gifting the ball away then standing and staring. To be honest it’s being so so careless in possession that’s the biggest problem to fix for me, in all parts of the pitch

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He ruled out a back 4 after the game
2 goals conceded by gifting the ball away then standing and staring. To be honest it’s being so so careless in possession that’s the biggest problem to fix for me, in all parts of the pitch

I really don't think the wingback system works, and I don't think it ever really has done. Dabo will get about one assist a season and Bidwell has a bit more quality but probably doesn't really attack aggressively.

If we are relying on those to create for us it isn't going to end well in my opinion. I want to see something different, but equally that doesn't mean Walker up front alone and five defenders either. Four at the back gives us a base.

I don't think it's just this season either, we've been pretty poor since around Christmas time if I recall.

steve101

He can't take responsibility for Hamer losing it 30 yards out
Not at all. The execution was poor much of the time. However, he started someone (Walker) known for not being able to play as the one up top and left the only player (Gyokeres) who can effectively do the role, on the bench.

Torquay Sky Blue

Not at all. The execution was poor much of the time. However, he started someone (Walker) known for not being able to play as the one up top and left the only player (Gyokeres) who can effectively do the role, on the bench.
Yes and to the detriment of the team , which is unforgivable. Alex Ferguson he ain't.

Users who are viewing this thread