Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Birmingham City Match Thread - Saturday 29th Apr (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Shut up Evo
Oh No Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

no_loyalty

First goal is key as per normal, we get it then I’m confident of the win and it will stop Roberts taking an absolute age with the throw ins. I think Robins will go with the same team that started against Reading.

City 1 Blues 0.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Middlesbrough resting players (including Akpom) against Luton. Wouldn't be surprised to see us flap it with the big crowd on Saturday, only to go to 'Boro thinking it's all lost and end up winning 3-0 to grab a place.

CV22SBA

Score early and we should win comfortably. The longer the game goes on without a goal the daytrippers will start getting frustrated at the team and we'll probably end up losing 1 nil.

shmmeee

Not that everyone hasn’t been doing every possible permutation in their head already.

Best possible Week:

5 CCFC 69 P45 +11
6 Preston 66 P45 -7
7 Sunderland 65 P45 +9

Rest is irrelevant, were in the playoffs and likely 5th.

Worst possible week:

5 WBA 69 P45 +10
6 Sunderland 68 P45 +11
7Millwall 68 P45 +8
8 Blackburn 68 P45 -1
9 CCFC 66 P45 +9
10 Preston 66 P45 -7
11 Swansea 65 P45 +4

Updated worst week now Blackburn lost. Looks a lot better.

skyblu3sk

They always want to kick us up in the air and turn it in to a shit show. Let's hope the ref doesn't let them!

Chip Batch

Not been on here for a while but I can’t wait for Saturday. Already really nervous though as I was for the Blackburn and Reading games. It’s gone from no chance, to outside chance, to possible, to it’s really fucking on after QPR.

Before it was a bit of fun and hope but no real expectation. But now we’ve a genuine good chance the nerves are really kicking in. Felt particularly quite emotional after the Reading game.

Hopefully we can get the same level as performance as we did Saturday but finish the chances.

Covkid1968#

Ok time to own up… who actually bought one of these. 😂😂😂

Attachments

• 570BB62A-D5DC-462F-A18C-AC3A1BFB7785.jpeg
    570BB62A-D5DC-462F-A18C-AC3A1BFB7785.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 59

Chip Batch

Any lingering thoughts that Dabo may get another contract, were put to bed on Saturday. We need better. I don't think Norton Cuffy offers much more, but he's more of a mystery so he might wriggle free and put an inch perfect cross onto Godden's head. Dabo has never done that. Shame, as he was brilliant in our L1 winning season and has shown snippets of that form in the Championship but I think the constant injuries have caught up with him. He's 28 in October.
So NC for me on Saturday. Rest depends on injuries. Presume Allen will be available, so I would assume he'll come in for Eccles. Let Kelly sit with Allen & Hamer in front. No chance Godden will be dropped so he'll start with Vik.
Can’t remember who it was against last season now but Dabo put a great ball in to Gyokeres for an injury time goal at the CBS. Agree he seems to have lost what he had though, maybe it’s the injuries.

Otis

Blues are a crap team, we'll win this.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
They had loads of really good chances against Blackpool, who really rid their luck at times and it was a disastrous mistake for the winning goal.

Birmingham could have easily won the game by a few goals last time out.

I think it will be tough. Think we will win, but that it will be very hard fought and close

Brighton Sky Blue

They had loads of really good chances against Blackpool, who really rid their luck at times and it was a disastrous mistake for the winning goal.

Birmingham could have easily won the game by a few goals last time out.

I think it will be tough. Think we will win, but that it will be very hard fought and close

Equally they also massively rode their luck at Millwall. Either way under Eustace they are a different proposition.

TomRad85

Drew 2-2 at Norwich, beat Millwall at the New Den, did the double over West Bromwich Albion. You dismiss them too easily. The game has to be won.
Nah they are terrible. If we can't beat them when it really matters we don't deserve play offs.

TomRad85

I wish it was as simple as that. I hope you are right.
Its never that simple, it's football. But I do still stand by them being a shite, one dimensional football team. We're better in every department so as long as our players don't piss their knickers we should be OK.

Users who are viewing this thread