Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Birmingham City Match Thread - Saturday 29th Apr (1 Viewer)

Gibbo

Same team as Reading. Dabo v BNC is a toss of the coin as they both have obvious failings just different ones. I would stick with Dabo for all his failings. Tight game, as they are improving, will want to be party poopers (see Millwall), and we will be nervous.

All this stuff about losing to Brum and beating Boro being the 'Coventry way' is utter bollox. Every fan says it about their club - Spurs fans definitely do. I'm sure conceding a last minute goal to a goalie will be seen by Blackburn fans as typical of them. It is just the swings and roundabouts of a hard fought league - there is no special Coventry way.

1-0 with us being forced back stupidly at the end and hanging on

Flying Fokker

Nightmare to get into stadium on time......more police than you've ever seen in your life before. Another couple of dickheads running onto the pitch again! and near impossible to get food after half time.
I'd bring Fadz back in but keep the rest of the team as they were. Very 50 50 with me on whether to swap Dabo to N-C
2 nil win. Gyok with both.
Attendance 30,102
Erm, there is always time to get in the stadium. I’d have a cunning plan to be in the ground by 2:15.

Flying Fokker

First goal is key as per normal, we get it then I’m confident of the win and it will stop Roberts taking an absolute age with the throw ins. I think Robins will go with the same team that started against Reading.

City 1 Blues 0.
I always want a 2 goal cushion at games like this. It’s a bit odd that I didn’t think that against Reading.

pusbccfc

This is going to be a tough game.

With respect, this is one of the highlights of Birmingham's season. Trying to spoil the play off push is all they want to do. We'd be the same if roles were reversed.

There's a little too much confidence going around.

It’sabatch87

I think we’ll batter them tbh, got a Brum mate and they were on the beach v Blackpool excuse the pun.
4-0 Cov and Gyokeres getting that elusive hatrick!!
PUSB.

fernandopartridge

This is going to be a tough game.

With respect, this is one of the highlights of Birmingham's season. Trying to spoil the play off push is all they want to do. We'd be the same if roles were reversed.

There's a little too much confidence going around.
I don't think there is, everybody is tense but everybody also knows that we need to win and should win. At 44 games in the table doesn't lie in relation to the quality of the respective teams.

Sbarcher

Just watched Man City/Arsenal out of the tunnel. City play Hey Jude and all the crowd were singing it. Think we could generate loads of atmosphere if we ran out to that on Saturday.

shmmeee

Any towels round the edge fuck them off. Move the ad boards closer. Everyone who sits front row bring your most cutting remarks.
Not that everyone hasn’t been doing every possible permutation in their head already.

Best possible Week:

5 CCFC 69 P45 +11
6 Preston 66 P45 -7
7 Sunderland 65 P45 +9

Rest is irrelevant, were in the playoffs and likely 5th.

Worst possible week:

5 Sunderland 68 P45 +11
6 Millwall 68 P45 +8
7 Blackburn 68 P45 -2
8 WBA 66 P45 +8
9 CCFC 66 P45 +8
10 Preston 66 P45 -7
11 Swansea 65 P45 +4

Worst case looks better and better.

Reactions: vow

SeaSeeEffCee

Hopefully the pressure doesn’t get to the team and we’re able to go out and play with confidence. Do that and we should have enough to beat Birmingham, they’re not a great side.

Users who are viewing this thread