Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Birmingham City Match Thread - Saturday 29th Apr (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Coventry City vs Birmingham City match, tactics and predictions :)

Briles

Don't care who plays well and who plays shit. Just win. By hook or by crook. Think he willl bring Fadz back in and hopefully Allen will be fit too, maybe bring him in for Eccles. Kelly also to keep his place

shmmeee

Is Sheaf definitely out for this?

If so I think I’d go Kelly, Hamer, Allen as the midfield. Or maybe even go back to one up front and have Eccles and Kelly holding. Hard to drop Godden tho. Might bring Fadz back to watch Juke.

Skybluecol

Nightmare to get into stadium on time......more police than you've ever seen in your life before. Another couple of dickheads running onto the pitch again! and near impossible to get food after half time.
I'd bring Fadz back in but keep the rest of the team as they were. Very 50 50 with me on whether to swap Dabo to N-C
2 nil win. Gyok with both.
Attendance 30,102

PVA

Fadz back in for Panzo, which is a little harsh on the latter as he did nothing wrong on Saturday.

Would be tempted with Norton-Cuffy for Dabo, but maybe stick with Dabo and bring on BNC second half as on Saturday to stretch them. Toss of a coin though for which one starts really.

Otherwise unchanged.

Macca1987

Dabo seemed to be blowing out of his arse half way through, I'd start Norton-Cuffy with Dabo as second half replacement depending on how things are going

Offhegoes

Any lingering thoughts that Dabo may get another contract, were put to bed on Saturday. We need better. I don't think Norton Cuffy offers much more, but he's more of a mystery so he might wriggle free and put an inch perfect cross onto Godden's head. Dabo has never done that. Shame, as he was brilliant in our L1 winning season and has shown snippets of that form in the Championship but I think the constant injuries have caught up with him. He's 28 in October.
So NC for me on Saturday. Rest depends on injuries. Presume Allen will be available, so I would assume he'll come in for Eccles. Let Kelly sit with Allen & Hamer in front. No chance Godden will be dropped so he'll start with Vik.

slondonskyblue

Nightmare to get into stadium on time......more police than you've ever seen in your life before. Another couple of dickheads running onto the pitch again! and near impossible to get food after half time.
I'd bring Fadz back in but keep the rest of the team as they were. Very 50 50 with me on whether to swap Dabo to N-C
2 nil win. Gyok with both.
Attendance 30,102

There is no way the attendance will be that high. Wouldn't allow for enough seg between home and away supporters.

DannyThomas_1981

I'd keep the same midfield 3 - Kelly, Hamer, Eccles.

Eccles is still under-rated by some but becoming an every more important player in our system.

Playing Eccles and Kelly together gives Hamer more freedom.

I'd only bring Allen back at this point if we reverted to 1 up-front - can't see that happening until next season with KP and COH fully fit.

Skybluecol

There is no way the attendance will be that high. Wouldn't allow for enough seg between home and away supporters.
Capacity is 32,609 (at time of writing I though it was 32,602) so allowing for 2.5k seats as segregation between fans.
c300 seats that will be netted between Brum and main stand (ony goes up to around 20 rows)
leaves the rest of 2200 to segregate to singers corner. Surely this is way more than enough? And once the club challenges this with the safety police hopefully we'll see a crowd of 30k 🤞
If you feel I'm being too optimistic......then do not ask me for my predictions for the next 5 games of this season 😁

Boosh

Wilson

McNally
Doyle
Panzo

BNC
Allen
Eccles
Hamer
JWE

Godden
Gyo

0-3 I think.

shmmeee

Not that everyone hasn’t been doing every possible permutation in their head already.

Best possible Week:

5 CCFC 69 P45 +11
6 Preston 66 P45 -7
7 Sunderland 65 P45 +9

Rest is irrelevant, were in the playoffs and likely 5th.

Worst possible week:

5 Blackburn 71 P45 0
6 WBA 69 P45 +10
7 Sunderland 68 P45 +11
8 Millwall 68 P45 +8
9 CCFC 66 P45 +9
10 Preston 66 P45 -7
11 Swansea 65 P45 +4

Londonccfcfan

F
Fadz back in for Panzo, which is a little harsh on the latter as he did nothing wrong on Saturday.

Would be tempted with Norton-Cuffy for Dabo, but maybe stick with Dabo and bring on BNC second half as on Saturday to stretch them. Toss of a coin though for which one starts really.

Otherwise unchanged.
Fadz definately come in for Panzo..they are big and physical.

Bidwell would also start for me purely for defending set pieces as Esbrand would be targeted.

We keep it tight theres more than enough chances for us to get our goals.

It would be criminal to concede a shitty goal vs these from a long throw or something like that.

Londonccfcfan

Not that everyone hasn’t been doing every possible permutation in their head already.

Best possible Week:

5 CCFC 69 P45 +11
6 Preston 66 P45 -7
7 Sunderland 65 P45 +9

Worst possible week:

5 Blackburn 71 P45 0
6 WBA 69 P45 +10
7 Sunderland 68 P45 +11
8 Millwall 68 P45 +8
9 CCFC 66 P45 +9
10 Preston 66 P45 -7
11 Swansea 65 P45 +4
This is frightening.

Basically if we lose theres a chance we would literally be out of the play off hunt come 1700hrs sat.

Boosh

Good one

shmmeee

This is frightening.

Basically if we lose theres a chance we would literally be out of the play off hunt come 1700hrs sat.

Well not literally as WBA could lose at Swansea and we beat Boro by enough to overturn the goal difference.

Also Blackburn play on Monday.

But otherwise: yes 😯

Julie SBA

Dabo seemed to be blowing out of his arse half way through, I'd start Norton-Cuffy with Dabo as second half replacement depending on how things are going
I agree, I'd also bring Burroughs in from the cold as a different option from the bench. If we need to inject some pace on either flank late on he could be perfect and I'm not sure what Maguire or Howley offer from the bench.
Think we need Fadz in again to keep things calm at the back.

Seriously though, how great is this with 2... sorry 5 games to go :)

Sky Blue Pete

Best possible Week:

5 CCFC 69 P45 +11
6 Preston 66 P45 -7
7 Sunderland 65 P45 +9

Worst possible week:

5 Blackburn 71 P45 0
6 WBA 69 P45 +10
7 Sunderland 68 P45 +11
8 Millwall 68 P45 +8
9 CCFC 66 P45 +9
10 Preston 66 P45 -7
11 Swansea 65 P45 +4
So definitely goes to the last game then

Hertsccfc

I'd keep the same midfield 3 - Kelly, Hamer, Eccles.

Eccles is still under-rated by some but becoming an every more important player in our system.

Playing Eccles and Kelly together gives Hamer more freedom.

I'd only bring Allen back at this point if we reverted to 1 up-front - can't see that happening until next season with KP and COH fully fit.
Yes I 'd be very surprised if Robins dropped Eccles. He is so important and I don't think it is a coincidence that we have such a good record when he plays. If anyone drops out for Allen it'll be Kelly.

blunted

Ref has got to keep an eye on Deeney if he plays and his off the ball fouling of Hamer in the first game deliberately trying to get him to retaliate and get sent off. Don't you just love players who say how much they are doing for disadvantaged kids off the pitch (which I fully support) but act like absolute arseholes on the pitch when they should be setting an example.

Johhny Blue

Ref has got to keep an eye on Deeney if he plays and his off the ball fouling of Hamer in the first game deliberately trying to get him to retaliate and get sent off. Don't you just love players who say how much they are doing for disadvantaged kids off the pitch (which I fully support) but act like absolute arseholes on the pitch when they should be setting an example.
I only love them when they’re our players

Adge

A win at all costs-just stating the obvious! 😁
I’m just hoping that the occasion and the pressure that comes along with it, doesn’t make us freeze on the day. It was a bit like that v Blackburn and we started very nervously.
Get out of the traps early and get the first goal and we will be in business.

Tile Hill Phil

I’m just hoping that the occasion and the pressure that comes along with it, doesn’t make us freeze on the day. It was a bit like that v Blackburn and we started very nervously.
Yeah I think if we get an early goal the noise level will go through the roof and spur them on 🤞

Sky Blue Pete

That’s why reading was so so good

Users who are viewing this thread