Match Thread ⚽️ Cardiff City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 15th Oct (1 Viewer)

pipkin73

I can't think of any except for the 1-0 at Cardiff under Eric Black and the paint pot trophy win against Swansea reserves
Thought so, i have lots of Wesh "friends" out here and we always seem to lose to them. i've lost so many bets, backing us in Wales.

Sky Blue Harry H

Do they still try and play long throws from everywhere?

Think they have lost a lot of their 'giants' (Moore/Flint and that 'tawt' who maimed Marosi) so not such an issue. Wish we could have nabbed that Kipre at the back though (from WNA) He was a colossus at the CBS the other season. Hopefully that's the kiss of death for him.

SBAndy

I can't think of any except for the 1-0 at Cardiff under Eric Black and the paint pot trophy win against Swansea reserves

Beat Cardiff 1-0 under Dowie in 2007. Think Jay Tabb scored. There had been an accident on the A449 so I didn’t arrive till HT and the official coaches got there 20 mins from the end. Darren Purse missed a 90th minute penalty.

Matt smith

CET says Kelly back next week

COH they’re gonna have to get him fit via first team not 21’s as we need him basically

probably both back for sheff United on bench

although have a sneaky feeling cal might be on the bench tomorrow

PVA

We do have a horrible modern record against Cardiff.

Only won 2 of the last 14 meetings (home and away). As others have mentioned the last away win was 2007.

We lost 6 straight games against them from 08-10. Think that was their decent team of Whittingham, Chopra, Ledley, Bothroyd, Earnshaw etc

Terry_dactyl

Out of respect for our wounded Rugby overlords, We should all wear yellow and black this match.

This is the big one for me. Really hope we win so I can go into full smug mode round and about the place.

Spoke briefly to a mate of mine yesterday who basically threatened that Cardiff will be a much tougher opposition…especially if Callum Robinson plays.
Fuck him! We’ll win 0-3.

SlowerThanPlatt

We do have a horrible modern record against Cardiff.

Only won 2 of the last 14 meetings (home and away). As others have mentioned the last away win was 2007.

We lost 6 straight games against them from 08-10. Think that was their decent team of Whittingham, Chopra, Ledley, Bothroyd, Earnshaw etc

That was a quality team. The right back McNaughton had grey hair throughout his career!

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Robins mentioned Walker has torn his ACL in the pre-match presser, yet says he should be back in a few weeks

Something doesn't add up there. Even if it is partially torn, if he keeps on playing it is only a matter of time until it ruptures

Brighton Sky Blue

Robins mentioned Walker has torn his ACL in the pre-match presser, yet says he should be back in a few weeks

Something doesn't add up there. Even if it is partially torn, if he keeps on playing it is only a matter of time until it ruptures

It just means Walker’s the Wasps administrator so it’ll take him a few weeks to dismantle the business

slowpoke

A tare to an ACL isn’t major, not like a rupture. Be okay in two or three weeks

Skyblueweeman

CET says Kelly back next week

COH they’re gonna have to get him fit via first team not 21’s as we need him basically

probably both back for sheff United on bench

although have a sneaky feeling cal might be on the bench tomorrow

CoH isn't with the squad

robbiethemole

Just having some brekkie before the long trek, managed to get parking opposite the ground so not too far to walk, hoping for a win but not confident PUSB

Sky Blue Harry H

Forgot Ryan Allsop was in goal for them. Hopefully he brings out his innerLeee Burgggge for the day.

Users who are viewing this thread