Match Thread ⚽️ Bristol City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 4th Oct (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I'm fairly sure that was tactical.
With Weimann & Semenyo both looking to play between the lines we could easily have been caught out centrally. By forcing them wide it restricted them to essentially tossing the ball into the box for 5'7" Nakhi Wells.

I would say it'd be interesting to hear Robins' thoughts on it but I highly doubt CWR are competent enough to pursue that kind of questioning.

Its a fair point but Bidwell seemed to manage his side a lot better.

Sky Blue Pete

I'm fairly sure that was tactical.
With Weimann & Semenyo both looking to play between the lines we could easily have been caught out centrally. By forcing them wide it restricted them to essentially tossing the ball into the box for 5'7" Nakhi Wells.

I would say it'd be interesting to hear Robins' thoughts on it but I highly doubt CWR are competent enough to pursue that kind of questioning.
Yeah
Doyle mom

covcity4life

Good point and another clean sheet. Relegation fears starting to subside. Still need to pose more of a threat but we have a lot of home games to get back firing.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

My second game of season, both nil-nils.

Good effort by players. Person of match for Sky Blues was Palmer followed by Dabo.
Wilson did well in his positioning.
A fair result.

Liquid Gold

What an absolute crock of crap that was! Yes, we were missing Adam Scott but that was garbage, a very poor Championship game.
We'll forget that one eh? ;)
I think that’s one win each and a draw since we’ve both been in the championship.

Hopefully next season it’s a Saturday game.

Brighton Sky Blue

Good point and another clean sheet. Relegation fears starting to subside. Still need to pose more of a threat but we have a lot of home games to get back firing.

They will subside for me as and when we exit the bottom 3. Doing what we are with a skeleton crew though and 3 consecutive clean sheets can only be good for confidence

steve101

Sounded like Palmer had a great game.

Gyokeres can be greedy which is frustrating at times, but also think he'd lose his edge if he wasn't
I think it suits him being greedy when he is the solo striker but it must frustrate the hell out of a strike partner. Waghorn is slightly different because he drops deeper so naturally provides.

Otis

Why are you saying ‘person of the match’? There’s no women on the pitch so just say ‘man of the match’ ffs
I am hoping that one day the striker, Chris Porter, starts the process of becoming a woman.

I would then be able to call him a trans Porter. 🤪

ccfc1234

I think it suits him being greedy when he is the solo striker but it must frustrate the hell out of a strike partner. Waghorn is slightly different because he drops deeper so naturally provides.
For this reason we should (when fit) play 1 up top and COH and Palmer behind. I actually felt sorry for Godden at times as Vik doesn't really want a strike partner and just wants to be direct. Very few forwards are able to play the lone forward role but it suits Vik and we should embrace it. As much as I rate Goddens finishing we have now played 3 games and scored 1 goal with 2 up front. Waghorn to play in the 10 slot with Palmer next game might be a good idea and help us control possession more.

long way home

Good point, some solid performances, Sheaf, Palmer and Bidwell were really good. Few times miscommunication let us down but its small improvements again. Be keen to see Palmer and O hare combine could be they bounce off each other and create havoc.

AOM

Yeah it must be really frustrating. Especially for someone like Godden who you would want the ball to be passed through to in the box

rexo87

My humble apologies, tis now 3
It's not even 3 points adrift at the bottom, its 3 points off safety with 2 games in hand. Given our two games in hand are against 2 of either Wigan, Rotherham or Huddersfield at home we will be out of the relegation zone by the time we have played the same amount of games as the rest of the league.

Robins has gone back to his standard pragmatic self in these last few games leading up to us having Ohare and to a lesser extent Hamer back. Its not always popular but it sort of mirrors the first season back in league 1 where he decided around November time it would be a bit of a scrap from there on in. Hopefully we can get enough points playing this way until the WC that we can be a bit free-er afterwards when we have our best side on the pitch. I'm hoping we can get Palmer and Ohare behind Vik with Hamer and Sheaf holding. That would be a good front 5 for anyone in the league.

January is where our season will be decided. Hold onto everyone then we will have a comfortable 15th-ish finish. Sell Vik or Cal and its 50/50 on whether we stay up.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

rexo87

Also really frustrates me when people say Vik is selfish or should have passed. At no point tonight should he have passed to Godden when through on goal. Vik would have had to pass through 3 or 4 players to find him. Godden was shocking tonight

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

It’sabatch87

Just got home, Bidwell MOM for me. Just wish they’d bloody shoot now and again.
They were there for the taking, but yes I’m gonna say it “ we go again on Saturday’
PUSB

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread