Match Thread ⚽️ Bristol City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 4th Oct (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Mate we're 5 points adrift at the bottom playing a team who are shite and lost 3 games in a row. If we're not allowed to want to actually win a winnable game, what's the point

I think of all the games this season to be pissed off about tonight isn't one

larry_david

It's a good point tbf but just felt it was there for the taking. Decent defending but still getting away with it a bit. As confidence grows we will only get better. Gyokeres should have scored, and that would have been that. Not to be. Dabo, Palmer both out of gas, and Allen a 60 minute man. Sheaf much better tonight. Another away point, can't complain at that.
How was Doyle second half for you

jordan210

Apart from Sheafs yellow. Only baffling thing with the ref was he let defenders get away with so much. As soon as Gyo or palmer did the same he gave a foul.

Apart from that one of the better refs we have had

slowpoke

Not as good as Rose according to Paxman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is my main criticism we don’t shoot enough, we get in decent positions outside the box but tend to go out wide always worth the odd dig at goal.

mark82

Just flicked onto the Blackburn game. Red blows for a penalty just as Bradley Dack is about to pop the ball into an empty net. Blackburn miss the penalty. That is shit refereeing.

Last edited:

Frostie

By the time he came on we were sitting so deep it would have been detrimental to over-press.

He did absolutely fine. The whole lazy & not pressing is a myth anyway but, like others, it is a stigma now.

This is the other thing with the lack of subs. We were content with how the game was going, making changes to that can have a negative impact just as easily as a positive one.

shmmeee

Take that.

Second best most of the game and game seemed to pass Allen in particular by. Sheaf was better but still not where he should be. Palmer trying too hard at times Gyokeres being too selfish at times. To be fair to Godden he didn’t do much but could have had two or three if his teammates could release a ball.

Dabo was poor positional again, no coincidence everything came down his side. But the midfield was far far too narrow and allowing overlaps on the wingbacks all game.

SeaSeeEffCee

Not a dreadful point, and good to keep up the run of clean sheet.

We’ll be blowing out our arses after about half an hour vs Burnley though.

Covkid1968#

For the love of god… get this prat off CWR slagging Walker off. Walker had 8 mins and was trying to get involved … can’t do a lot in that time. Time to rest Matty

Frostie

Dabo was poor positional again, no coincidence everything came down his side. But the midfield was far far too narrow and allowing overlaps on the wingbacks all game.

I'm fairly sure that was tactical.
With Weimann & Semenyo both looking to play between the lines we could easily have been caught out centrally. By forcing them wide it restricted them to essentially tossing the ball into the box for 5'7" Nakhi Wells.

I would say it'd be interesting to hear Robins' thoughts on it but I highly doubt CWR are competent enough to pursue that kind of questioning.

Users who are viewing this thread