Match Thread ⚽️ Blackburn Rovers vs Coventry City Match Thread - Wednesday 19th Apr (2 Viewers)

Astute

Starting to get a bit serious now 😬

We have a good chance of winning this one but would settle for the draw. Win the two home games and we could be safe in the playoffs with a game to go. Last day of the season Millwall v Blackburn. And that's the easiest game Blackburn have left.

Northeast sky blue

Starting to get a bit serious now 😬

We have a good chance of winning this one but would settle for the draw. Win the two home games and we could be safe in the playoffs with a game to go. Last day of the season Millwall v Blackburn. And that's the easiest game Blackburn have left.
Are you ruling out Norwich, Preston ,West Brom, Sunderland and maybe Watford

Astute

Are you ruling out Norwich, Preston ,West Brom, Sunderland and maybe Watford
Which of them do you see winning 3 of their remaining games? Have you seen the remaining games for Sunderland?

Sunderland v Huddersfield
WBA v Sunderland
Sunderland v Watford
Preston v Sunderland

Norwich still have home against an in form Swansea where their late run will just be too late. Then away to WBA.

Preston also have a hard ending to the season.
Swansea v Preston
Preston v Blackburn
Sheffield United v Preston
Preston v Sunderland

You didn't mention Blackburn.

Blackburn v Coventry
Preston v Blackburn
Blackburn v Burnley
Blackburn v Luton
Millwall v Blackburn

They can't all win the games where they play each other. Some draws would be nice. Swansea are flying. Burnley and Sheffield United will want to keep going.

I haven't ignored teams below us. But they have to play each other so many times it will be difficult for any of them to get 3 wins. 7 points in the next 3 games should put us in a strong position. 3 wins should be enough to claim 6th place.

Northeast sky blue

Which of them do you see winning 3 of their remaining games? Have you seen the remaining games for Sunderland?

Sunderland v Huddersfield
WBA v Sunderland
Sunderland v Watford
Preston v Sunderland

Norwich still have home against an in form Swansea where their late run will just be too late. Then away to WBA.

Preston also have a hard ending to the season.
Swansea v Preston
Preston v Blackburn
Sheffield United v Preston
Preston v Sunderland

You didn't mention Blackburn.

Blackburn v Coventry
Preston v Blackburn
Blackburn v Burnley
Blackburn v Luton
Millwall v Blackburn

They can't all win the games where they play each other. Some draws would be nice. Swansea are flying. Burnley and Sheffield United will want to keep going.

I haven't ignored teams below us. But they have to play each other so many times it will be difficult for any of them to get 3 wins. 7 points in the next 3 games should put us in a strong position. 3 wins should be enough to claim 6th place.
Looking at the fixtures, I agree 7 points from the next 3 would be a good return, I'd be nervous about picking up any points from Middlesbrough, we never seem to do well there

Gibbo

Thank you to whoever posted the link to the Blackburn supporters' blog. Never have I seen so many fans unhappy at being in the play offs. Heaven knows how they would handle the trauma of relegation to League 2.

Given what they say about their own lack of power in front of goal without Bradley Dack to provide a threat, this one has a cagey 0-0 draw written all over it. As others have pointed out, a draw is probably ok for us.

All three goals at QPR originated in our own half, two with long balls. If we are to sneak a win then it will probably via that route

I have said this before but the lovely part of the Robins Revolution is that here we are in mid-April and still with something positive to play for rather than wallowing in mid-table or fighting to stave off relegation. The only exception was the first year in L.1., and even that was ok getting up to 8th. The man is a bloody genius, even if he should be kinder on Tyler Walker

Sky Blue Pete

Thank you to whoever posted the link to the Blackburn supporters' blog. Never have I seen so many fans unhappy at being in the play offs. Heaven knows how they would handle the trauma of relegation to League 2.

Given what they say about their own lack of power in front of goal without Bradley Dack to provide a threat, this one has a cagey 0-0 draw written all over it. As others have pointed out, a draw is probably ok for us.

All three goals at QPR originated in our own half, two with long balls. If we are to sneak a win then it will probably via that route

I have said this before but the lovely part of the Robins Revolution is that here we are in mid-April and still with something positive to play for rather than wallowing in mid-table or fighting to stave off relegation. The only exception was the first year in L.1., and even that was ok getting up to 8th. The man is a bloody genius, even if he should be kinder on Tyler Walker
Got a huge job in the summer

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Define typical from the last 6 years
I mean they’ve done it this season 4 game winning streak - hottest team in the league… lose to Reading

then in the league one promotion season there was the 10 game unbeaten run before losing to Tranmere, then the 7 game unbeaten run - drawing away to Sunderland and Ipswich before losing to Shrewsbury

and going back to league two we were again the form team before being inexplicably hammered 6-2 by Yeovil at home.

we always have had a habit of winning the perceived harder games before blowing an easier game

curly_tom

I think every football fan has the same fear when there is something at stake. I remember on our promotion season from League 1 and being completely convinced we were going to balls up when it mattered. I have that feeling about Wednesday like most of us and most of the Blackburn fans too it seems. If we win I will be nervous of a cock-up against Reading. Maybe this will be our year? Although obviously I fear that if we get to the play-offs we will lose the first leg and it'll all be over very quickly!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I think every football fan has the same fear when there is something at stake. I remember on our promotion season from League 1 and being completely convinced we were going to balls up when it mattered. I have that feeling about Wednesday like most of us and most of the Blackburn fans too it seems. If we win I will be nervous of a cock-up against Reading. Maybe this will be our year? Although obviously I fear that if we get to the play-offs we will lose the first leg and it'll all be over very quickly!
Why? we’ve never lost a play off game 😉
Go Ahead Yes GIF

TomRad85

Blackburn are a weird team, always thought they were the most catchable and here we are presented with an opportunity to do just that. Think Gyokeres will pull Hyam to pieces if he's on his game.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Briles

Red card is nailed on in this game I feel

SkyBlue_Adam

Blackburn are a weird team, always thought they were the most catchable and here we are presented with an opportunity to do just that. Think Gyokeres will pull Hyam to pieces if he's on his game.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Especially as they play 4 at the back

SkyBlueSoul

I'll be sat in the Riverside stand (to the right of the away end) vibrating with nervous energy. Strangely I fancy us for the win, sitting and soaking up pressure then hitting them on the break should suit us down to the ground and I can see the Rovers fans getting on their back quite quickly.

1-0, Hamer. Same team as QPR.

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
BNC Sheaf Eccles Bidwell
Hamer
Godden Vik

Users who are viewing this thread