Match Thread ⚽️ Birmingham City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Sep (1 Viewer)

ProfessorbyGrace

Ok, red card aside, can someone please surmise concisely what exactly caused that flat, unproductive second half?
Was it tactics IE us or them?

It seemed we were flying in the first half.

What is it that’s actually going wrong?

Grendel

First half alone we should have been 3 up ,2nd half think more even.scoring goals has dried up.

Their chance in the first half was the easiest and the free header in the second half also

GIMOC

First half alone we should have been 3 up ,2nd half think more even.scoring goals has dried up.

you watch the same game as me? They had the best chance in both halves. We created half chances but nothing clearcut. Happy with the clean sheet but another game without a win is worrying considering the teams we’ve played

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Ok, red card aside, can someone please surmise concisely what exactly caused that flat, unproductive second half?
Was it tactics IE us or them?

It seemed we were flying in the first half.

What is it that’s actually going wrong?

I suspect fatigue played an issue. Maybe not the main reason but they'll be some influence. MR's substitutions (or lack of) are extremely frustrating and I'm sure it is impacting the team.

Grendel

It’s a red. He flaps his foot 2 or 3 times. That’s not “trying to get up”.

I’ve looked at the replay - I don’t know what people are watching - the guy actually got the ball they locked together and hamer does his best Karl Douglas impression with 3 karate kicks on and around his head

GIMOC

There’s a really uncomfortable presumption that we’re in no real trouble because we’ll win our home games in hand… No idea what people are basing it on.

exactly that. 4 wins in last 17 games at home. October is a massive month. If we’re still bottom 3 end of October then it’s a relegation battle for the season ahead with the size of our squad

Tommo1993

I’ve looked at the replay - I don’t know what people are watching - the guy actually got the ball they locked together and hamer does his best George Douglas impression with 3 karate kicks on and around his head

Have you not seen Mejbri pretty much trying to pin his legs down with his left arm?

Grendel

Have you not seen Mejbri pretty much trying to pin his legs down with his left arm?

They tangled sorry the ref will just see him kicking him - why is he raising his feet at the guys head when the referee is a few feet away. It’s moronic

Tommo1993

They tangled sorry the ref will just see him kicking him - why is he raising his feet at the guys head when the referee is a few feet away. It’s moronic

He does seem to have all the patience of a closed down hospital and I blasted him after the Millwall game, but I just really don’t think the decision was correct.

Pete in Portugal

Hamer was in possession, Mejbri (young Man Utd loanee) nicks it off him. Hamer brings him down and they tangle on the ground - arguably 50/50. Then while both are still on the deck, Hamer aims 3 karate kicks at the guys head. Cast iron sending off.

stay_up_skyblues

Hamer was in possession, Mejbri (young Man Utd loanee) nicks it off him. Hamer brings him down and they tangle on the ground - arguably 50/50. Then while both are still on the deck, Hamer aims 3 karate kicks at the guys head. Cast iron sending off.

Pretty much. You could argue he was forcibly trying to wriggle free by pushing their guy away with his studs. So kicking out.

The guy infuriates me. Just as he’s coming into a bit of form too. He’s scuppering his own chances of a big move but more importantly is seriously letting his team and the club down. The timing is a shocker. Twat.

jordan210

Where hamer is an idiot is he should have rolled around after their player tries to kickhim in the midriff

the okay acting of the brum player is what got the sending off

ccfc922

I asked the same last game. It’s mental he’s not on the bench.

He’s miles from the finished article but he has pace and that’s always scares teams. Our forward subs won’t change a game in the same way (if at all).

Brum were shitting themselves 1st half, just like Luton's defence.

ccfc922

For those who want to get rid of him, who do we replace him with?

Two weeks ago we sold out best centre back and never replaced him!

Our most dangerous attacking player today too, plus saved our blushes on Wednesday.

Not as angry with him today vs the Millwall red card.

Reactions: PVA

mark82

Where hamer is an idiot is he should have rolled around after their player tries to kickhim in the midriff

the okay acting of the brum player is what got the sending off

I still can't see these Karate kicks. Went to get up, their player grabbed his legs and he wriggled them to get free. Didn't make any contact and zero intent to make contact. Foul on Hamer if anything (for the hold, not the original tackle which was a good one).

Finham

I still can't see these Karate kicks. Went to get up, their player grabbed his legs and he wriggled them to get free. Didn't make any contact and zero intent to make contact. Foul on Hamer if anything (for the hold, not the original tackle which was a good one).
He lashes out. YOU CAN'T DO THAT.

Balli001

So the bit where he hits his head isn't contact then? Pity the opticians are closed now til tuesday

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm with you on that. He was entangled with a player in an unnatural position , and how people expected him to extricate himself from that without moving his legs/feet, I am not sure. Millwall - stupid, this was unfortunate, although I can see why the referee jumped in and (imo) overreacted.

Tommo1993

So the bit where he hits his head isn't contact then? Pity the opticians are closed now til tuesday

So when both legs and head are in full force of rolling around there’ll be no connection by your physical theory. It’s a wriggle, not an intentional kick out.

skyblu3sk

You can really obviously see the player holding his legs not trying to get up at all. Should make that a red as well taking the player out of play.

Tommo1993

There’s clearer evidence that Hamer was held down than any intentional (if any!) contact was made between Hamer’s foot and the other players head.

CCFCSteve

Decent enough points Weds and today. Said it before a couple of times, that Millwall fuck up is the problem, if we’d won that it would all look/feel a lot better

Reactions: PVA

Hobo

Positives:
A much better performance.
A clean sheet even if we rode our luck 2 or 3 times and needed a couple of great Wilson saves. But the defence can draw some confidence off that.
A point away never to be sniffed at.

Negatives:
Hamer getting a needless red after he had produced a better performance.
Godden looking off the pace yet again.
The International break when we desperately need a sequence of games.

PVA

Decent enough points Weds and today. Said it before a couple of times, that Millwall fuck up is the problem, if we’d won that it would all look/feel a lot better

Yep that really was a (self inflicted!) kick in the nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread