Match Thread ⚽️ Birmingham City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Sep (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Birmingham City vs Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

Sky Blue Harry H

Thought a win for us, until I saw their result last night v The Baggies.

2-1 to The Sky Blues (although I could easily make a case for all 3 results)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm hoping the point last night was something to build on and we can go and win this on Saturday.

Blues are just one of those teams that are really unpredictable. Never ever put them on your accumulator, as they always do the opposite of what you expect. Just beaten WBA, so it isn't unlikely that they just don't turn up at the weekend now. Let's hope so.

SlowerThanPlatt

Eustace has got them competing, far cry from the team who collapsed at 2-0 last year.

We need a win but think it’ll be another draw

Philosorapter

Attachments

• 7.0.5.gif
    7.0.5.gif
    37.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Philosorapter

I was having a look at home advantage last night, given that City have played a higher percentage of away games than home games.

The figures are nearly the same of an 1.5 times better chance of a home team winning in the Championship given last year figures.

HA.PNG

This would equate to around an 80 point advantage being added to the home team's rating when working out match odds.

We should see this effect easier when the ratio between home and away games start to level out.

I don't add home advantage to the charts.

Dropped the part of the paper below if anyone's interested.

Attachments

• White(Home) advantage.PNG
    White(Home) advantage.PNG
    179.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Blues will be without Roberts (so none of that long throw sh8te to endure, which is good news)
Bielik also went off injured (head injury - hopefully the protocol bit will keep him out)

Every little helps

Bugsy

We need to stop playing Ben Wilson in goal, Micheal Rose in defence and Jamie Allen in midfield. Those 3 changes alone will make a massive difference. Another bad game by Godden and i'll add him to the list to be dropped.

If only we had viable options!

I would give Mcfadz a go, seems like he has good hands...PUSB

Offhegoes

Would imagine it will be team that ended the match at Luton. Personally I would bring in Palmer for Godden and use the box system, but can't see Robins doing that. Desperately need a right footed centre half now that Rose could be out.

AOM

Same team that finished last night, but Walker in for Godden and Moore for Wilson.
Don't think Wilson did too much wrong last night, but I'd much prefer Moore in goal

CJ_covblaze

FYI. From the IAG there are no pubs near the ground for us. WMP are suggesting our fans drink in the City Centre.

Seaside-Skyblue

I've seen enough from us to suggest we can start picking up points and moving up the league. I don't think we look at all like relegation fodder, it's just how we cope with the psychological challenge of being at the bottom, despite the reality we have several games in hand. We're dangerous going forward and it's been fine margins. Hopefully we can just cut the school boy mistakes out at the back.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I've seen enough from us to suggest we can start picking up points and moving up the league. I don't think we look at all like relegation fodder, it's just how we cope with the psychological challenge of being at the bottom, despite the reality we have several games in hand. We're dangerous going forward and it's been fine margins. Hopefully we can just cut the school boy mistakes out at the back.

We do look ok going forward, but we also look like we're going to have to score 3 a game to win. That's not a feasible strategy unless your strikers are going to put away every chance that falls their way.

shmmeee

Its all down to the defence. If we keep averaging 2 goals conceded a game well go down regardless of anything else.

Sick Boy

Back in reality, we have 2 points from 6 games - of course we look like relegation fodder.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Can't really do much defensively as there are no other options. Go 4 at the back you either have two inexperienced loanees, Fadz and Doyle absolutely no pace, Fadz and Panzo I'd expect errors and either no pace or positioning to rectify it.

Dabo has looked bad but Kane isn't fit, Eccles is not a RWB and Burroughs is untried in that position and I think more naturally plays on the left.

Up front may as well go one up top. Gyok is trying to do it all himself anyway so Godden isn't getting chances, which is what he's there for.

Palmer could add creativity in AM, but needs someone with him. Allen has the energy but is completely ineffectual. Maybe Waghorn alongside him?

Really feel like I'm clutching at straws.

Wilson/Moore
Doyle Fadz Panzo
Dabo/Burroughs Sheaf Hamer Bidwell
Allen/Waghorn Palmer
Gyokeres

Wilson/Moore, Dabo/Burroughs,Allen/Waghorn, Eccles, Godden, Tavares, Walker
Them to win by 1. We'll concede at least two.

CV22SBA

Same team that finished last night, but Walker in for Godden and Moore for Wilson.
Don't think Wilson did too much wrong last night, but I'd much prefer Moore in goal
Wilson just looks nervous and indecisive to me. I think the defence prefers Moore behind them.

Reactions: AOM

Londonccfcfan

3-1 win.

Vik will get one of them for sure.

The negativity in this forum is mental. Many doom and gloom merchants predicting relegation already ..fuck me get a grip.

Wednesday kick started our season. And even if it hasnt. I can see us spanking a few teams very soon once in rythym.

It will be the same old negative doom and gloom merchants who in a months time when we turn it around will say i told you so i knew it all the time.. Lol

CDK

We need a clean sheet from somewhere just hoping for a 1-0 win.
Hope he goes box formation vik up top.

Brighton Sky Blue

They’ve won a few on the bounce and have actually bothered to sign players. Would take a point even though we really need a win.

Choosing to make no unenforced changes on Wednesday will prove interesting

Grendel

3-1 win.

Vik will get one of them for sure.

The negativity in this forum is mental. Many doom and gloom merchants predicting relegation already ..fuck me get a grip.

Wednesday kick started our season. And even if it hasnt. I can see us spanking a few teams very soon once in rythym.

It will be the same old negative doom and gloom merchants who in a months time when we turn it around will say i told you so i knew it all the time.. Lol

In our last 23 games I think we’ve accumulated 22 points. We have won 5 drew 7 lost 11.

Users who are viewing this thread