Match Thread ⚽️ Birmingham City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Sep (1 Viewer)

ccfc922

The Blues player's pathetic rolling around caused the red. It's a disgrace that play acting is allowed. And if our players did it, I'd say exactly the same. It's a stain on the modern game.

Hate to say it, but we need to stop being so nice. Kicking ball out etc. Don't agree with play acting, but we definitely try n get on with it and get penalised.

He booked your man for Dabos handball, yet the sideshow Bob who got "kicked" was waving an imaginary card for Bidwells yellow.

GIMOC

Poor second half. Yet again we can’t put a 90 minute good shift in. Worrying that we can’t get the balance right in terms of looking dangerous up top and solid at back, it’s one or the other. Happy with a clean sheet but now 12 games winless. We that winning mentality back. Not sure the international break is good for us or not. Side note -blues fans are scum.hope the lad hit on the head is ok

Blind-Faith

Quite funny people saying that it isn’t a red, it’s a blatant red, if sheaf or Allen had done the same it would of been a red, nothing to do with the fact it’s that hot headed little twat who I’m quickly falling out of love with.

If it was the other way round we’d be screaming for a red card , it’s a blatant kick to the face, regardless of whether or not he’s being held, you simply cannot kick a player in the face full stop. It’s dangerous play.

shmmeee

Kicked someone in the face a few times

No he hasn’t. I’ve just watched it again frame by frame, at no point does he kick out, he is rolling and his foot catches the guys head twice. He’s not looking at the Brum player and he’s not in control of his body. There’s no way he’s done anything intentional.

As I say, if it was any other player no one would bat an eyelid.

Greggs

Won 200 quid on that petulant twat getting sent off. So predictable. He'll be out on the piss tonight, having photos taken, for all the weirdos that adore him.

Brighton Sky Blue

No he hasn’t. I’ve just watched it again frame by frame, at no point does he kick out, he is rolling and his foot catches the guys head twice. He’s not looking at the Brum player and he’s not in control of his body. There’s no way he’s done anything intentional.

As I say, if it was any other player no one would bat an eyelid.

If it gets overturned I'd be stunned. As I said, at best it's seriously naive when the thing to do was to just make a meal of it to the ref.

ccfc922

Quite funny people saying that it isn’t a red, it’s a blatant red, if sheaf or Allen had done the same it would of been a red, nothing to do with the fact it’s that hot headed little twat who I’m quickly falling out of love with.

If it was the other way round we’d be screaming for a red card , it’s a blatant kick to the face, regardless of whether or not he’s being held, you simply cannot kick a player in the face full stop. It’s dangerous play.

Did he actually kick out to the face though? All I've seen is a tangle of legs so far, nothing clear.

pusbccfc

Godden needs dropping next game

Tommo1993

You’ll have to point out the “blatant” part. This is mad. People are remembering past incidents and it’s blinding their judgement.

ccfc922

I don’t think he kicked out, so I don’t think it was a red. However his reputation proceeds him so cannot see it being overturned.

Thought the Premier League ref today was up there with the worst I’ve seen.

Seemed to give everything their way 2nd half after an even 1st.

Johnnythespider

I don’t think he kicked out, so I don’t think it was a red. However his reputation proceeds him so cannot see it being overturned.

Thought the Premier League ref today was up there with the worst I’ve seen.
He's never a prem ref !!!

Great_Expectations

Won 200 quid on that petulant twat getting sent off. So predictable. He'll be out on the piss tonight, having photos taken, for all the weirdos that adore him.

I know you love a wind up / tongue in cheek posts, but this is probably actually true, which is pathetic.

If we had anyone to give him some competition he wouldn’t be in the team.

Tommo1993

Referee overturns corner kick, despite that being correct he only changed his mind after being confronted by Birmingham. Same as the bollocks red card.

shmmeee

Some people do like to go over the top. He was good first half and faded with the rest of the team second. To imply he’s dragging us down is frankly ESB “O’Hare is a drag on the team” level stuff.

Perryccfc

I totally get why people don’t like Hamer. The reason why I and many others like him so much is because he is the only player at the club who can control a match with his ability. He doesn’t do it anywhere near often enough, and his disciplinary record is abysmal. But on his day he is a fantastic player.

I also love Sheaf, but he never controls a match, just very neat and tidy player. That’s the difference.

Grendel

I totally get why people don’t like Hamer. The reason why I and many others like him so much is because he is the only player at the club who can control a match with his ability. He doesn’t do it anywhere near often enough, and his disciplinary record is abysmal. But on his day he is a fantastic player.

I also love Sheaf, but he never controls a match, just very neat and tidy player. That’s the difference.

I doubt we will even get close to £5 million for him now - we need to get him gone in January

TomRad85

I'm a defender of Hamer, I think he's decent. But he's just left us short for 4 games when we already have a wafer thin squad, he deserves everything that's been thrown at him.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ashdown

In reality I won’t believe we’ve really started this season till we’ve had a period of maybe 6 weeks where we are playing both home and away. Our players need the confidence boost of scoring in front of their own fans. Spirits will lift.

CDK

First half alone we should have been 3 up ,2nd half think more even.scoring goals has dried up.

ccfctommy

For those who want to get rid of him, who do we replace him with?

Two weeks ago we sold out best centre back and never replaced him!

Sky Blue Pete

It was the other way around too and and he didn’t even get a yellow for his part did he?

Users who are viewing this thread