Match Thread ⚽️ Birmingham City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Sep (2 Viewers)

Frostie

There’s clearer evidence that Hamer was held down than any intentional (if any!) contact was made between Hamer’s foot and the other players head.

This is another thing that people are missing, it doesn't actually matter if he makes contact or not.

"...Uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball... regardless of whether contact is made."

So,even if you somehow accept that he's just trying to free himself, or whether or not significant contact is made, his behaviour is use of excessive force - red card all day every day.

skyblu3sk

That's not quite the level of Dangerous Play as a kick in the head though?
The point is the birmingham player is playing for it. If he rugby tackled a player off the ball you'd expect him to get sent off. All this gamesmanship is bollocks.

stupot07

You can really obviously see the player holding his legs not trying to get up at all. Should make that a red as well taking the player out of play.
It would be the same as holding or obstruction, a yellow card. Players hold each others and pull shirts off the ball all the time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

MalcSB

This is another thing that people are missing, it doesn't actually matter if he makes contact or not.

"...Uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball... regardless of whether contact is made."

So,even if you somehow accept that he's just trying to free himself, or whether or not significant contact is made, his behaviour is use of excessive force - red card all day every day.
Was it excessive? It took him ages to get free.

shmmeee

I totally get why people don’t like Hamer. The reason why I and many others like him so much is because he is the only player at the club who can control a match with his ability. He doesn’t do it anywhere near often enough, and his disciplinary record is abysmal. But on his day he is a fantastic player.

I also love Sheaf, but he never controls a match, just very neat and tidy player. That’s the difference.

I like watching him play. Bit of fight, but of skill, whacking great shots from outside the area, corners that nearly go in, raking cross field balls. Who else in the squad brings you half of that?

SIR ERNIE

He literally had a split second to get the shot away on his weaker foot. Stop talking shite

Split second? He had time to allow the ball to run across his body so that he could hit it with his left. Had time to work the keeper from there you pillock.
Talking out your arse.

Brighton Sky Blue

I like watching him play. Bit of fight, but of skill, whacking great shots from outside the area, corners that nearly go in, raking cross field balls. Who else in the squad brings you half of that?

He does, because he spends half his time suspended

shmmeee

He does, because he spends half his time suspended

Yeah so glad I never miss a week of the Jamie Allen show, I hope Kelly is back so I can be on the edge of my seat as he aimlessly lumps the ball up in the air.

Our fucking fans man. Always looking to drop out best players, never the absolute garbage.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah so glad I never miss a week of the Jamie Allen show, I hope Kelly is back so I can be on the edge of my seat as he aimlessly lumps the ball up in the air.

Our fucking fans man. Always looking to drop out best players, never the absolute garbage.

Who on Earth said I wanted him dropped? He’s dropped himself from 5 games already when we’re desperate for players.

slowpoke

When I played all be it years ago there were opponents you knew you could get them cautioned or sent off with a bit of a wind up, Hamer is one, opposition just take it in turns to wind him up referees know his reputation too. Will take some shaking off.

clint van damme

Who on Earth said I wanted him dropped? He’s dropped himself from 5 games already when we’re desperate for players.

I knew he was getting sent off, same as at Millwall. When something happens to him in a game that he doesn't like, in yesterdays case it was the Deeney challenge, his whole demeanour changes.
Any opposition manager who doesn't target him should be sacked for dereliction of duty.
He was the best player on the pitch up until that point and he does bring all the things Shmmeee said to the table when he's on his game but to be missing for 5 games out 12 due to suspension is criminal.

Brighton Sky Blue

I knew he was getting sent off, same as at Millwall. When something happens to him in a game that he doesn't like, in yesterdays case it was the Deeney challenge, his whole demeanour changes.
Any opposition manager who doesn't target him should be sacked for dereliction of duty.
He was the best player on the pitch up until that point and he does bring all the things Shmmeee said to the table when he's on his game but to be missing for 5 games out 12 due to suspension is criminal.

It needs a leader on the pitch to get in his ear and sort his head out. But who would that be?

SIR ERNIE

He should look at OHare, targetted every game and gets ten times the clattering Hamer does yet never loses his head.

Users who are viewing this thread