£5 tickets for Accrington - Community Day (7 Viewers)

clint van damme

Really hope this works and a good portion of those going on a freebie are encouraged to return on a regular basis. At the risk of getting boring this team deserves supporting.

I think in reality only a very small portion will return. That's why it needs to be done as regular as possible. These types of initiatives are no good in isolation so let's hope it just the start of a bigger campaign.

You're right about saying this team deserves backing and it can't be said enough so fair play to you.

christonabike

If we can get a better deal on the food etc its worth reducing tickets so we get a better atmosphere and still get a cut of the profits. Not every week I understand but its crazy with all those empty seats not to do something. If these kids get loads of deals and when they get to 16 say, they arent going to stop going surely when they have to pay. Its the future I tell thee.............

italiahorse

If we can get a better deal on the food etc its worth reducing tickets so we get a better atmosphere and still get a cut of the profits. Not every week I understand but its crazy with all those empty seats not to do something. If these kids get loads of deals and when they get to 16 say, they arent going to stop going surely when they have to pay. Its the future I tell thee.............
Do we have student discounts to get them from 16 to say 21 ?
Until they start work they may still rely on the bank of mom and dad.

italiahorse

Will the kids in the North stand out sing the kids in Singers Corner ?
I'm in block 20 so will referee it?

Nick

Administrator
We should make sure there's a student season ticket next year and hit the unis when they're flush with loan cash.

I think they were much cheaper if students, it wasn't that obvious though so they could give a free snakebite and black, bar of soap and call it a student package.

Liquid Gold

Why does every thread have to turn petty?

My niece applied for tickets at their school but don’t think they have heard yet?
giphy.gif

covcity4life

Fucj the stayaway fans that say oooh we lost atevenson we got shit jch etc

They missed checkatrade(or sold out yo watxh it)

Same will happen this year

And best bit is even if they come back for 1 match only at ebs of season they will have missed out on a promotion season

NorthernWisdom

Depends how you define 'actual' supporters. My wife is a teacher at a primary school in Cov and says demand has been massive, and it's coming from parents she knows to be city fans. Says she has spoken to a few and they are mostly people who have lost interest or who only go up now and again (with a few regulars taking up the offer too), exactly the people this offer was targetting. Also says it's refreshing to be giving out tickets for CCFC as they are flooded with Wasps freebies every week, but she does her best to discourage kids from going to watch those games, sees it as her civic duty :happy:
The 'actual' in scare quotes was key, eh.

Because it's hardly controversial to suggest any crowd we get is boosted by the freebies and cheap tickets... anymore than it's not exactly a shock to consider Wasps' attendences to not show their 'true' support.

Nor, for that matter, is Italia's later statement about why both clubs are doing it remotely controversial. Let's face it, Wasps' marketing *has* been better than ours, it *is* good we're doing this to try and get fans back / new fans.

None of that stops me from despising Wasps and looking forward to the day they go bust!

cov4theprem

Fucj the stayaway fans that say oooh we lost atevenson we got shit jch etc

They missed checkatrade(or sold out yo watxh it)

Same will happen this year

And best bit is even if they come back for 1 match only at ebs of season they will have missed out on a promotion season

It’s good to read it back to yourself before you press send

Covstu

You will never get the telegraph ‘I’ve supported the club for 40 yrs’ fans. Their new occupation is hating us on the Facebook page. If we attract another 100 fans then it’s been a success

pusbccfc

Even if 5 families enjoy their day out and decide to go to another match in the near future, it's a success.

This is possibly the best thing the club have done since SISU took over. We have been screaming out for this for years, something to get the fans back.

Thousands of kids are going to the football, possibly for the first time, and will get a free clapbanger and see football in a fantastic stadium. Many of these kids will want a scarf, a programme and maybe want to return again.

Nick

Administrator
You will never get the telegraph ‘I’ve supported the club for 40 yrs’ fans. Their new occupation is hating us on the Facebook page. If we attract another 100 fans then it’s been a success

Yep, it's almost as if it's the cool thing now.

Londonccfcfan

To be honest I couldn't give a shit about the stay away fans.(I'm loving every minute of this season) its the first time im doing every league match home and away bar a couple! and that's because I'm Loving it ..loving it ....loving it!

I got my love back when my son started getting the Love for Coventry. He has truly reinvigorated my love for watching my team.

As a father nothing beats seeing your children catching the bug for your club. I hope some kids catch the bug next Saturday!

My sons first ever game was the checkatrade trophy Semi final . Losing that match did not deter him, I think it was already in his blood. But the atmosphere of seeing a full Ricoh is very special and I hope some kids catch the bug as it only encourages their mums and dads to follow!

SkyBlueMatt

Having the database is the easy bit. It’s utilising it that’s important and it’s a labour intensive job following that lot up. I suspect that we may not have the bodies to do it to maximum effect. Which is a real shame.
That's simply not true. Collecting usable data is the hard part, its easy once you've got it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

I've just read that Notts County have sold 18,000 for their home game tomorrow.

All tickets £2.

They will hold the 'record' for a week then!

smileycov

Facebook User
I've just read that Notts County have sold 18,000 for their home game tomorrow.

All tickets £2.

They will hold the 'record' for a week then!
Isn’t the record 18,746 or something? Be interesting to see there’s then

Users who are viewing this thread