Wilson to sign for Bournemouth, loan players in exchange (1 Viewer)

CCFC_Charlie

Callum Wilson is set to sign for Bournemouth today with Coventry City getting two players on loan as part of the deal believed to be worth more than £3million.The Telegraph understands that the Sky Blues star striker has agreed terms with the Championship club who will lend out highly-rated goalkeeper Ryan Allsop and winger Mohamed Coulibaly on season-long loans as part of a loaded deal that will see City get £2.25m up front.
Wilson was given permission to speak to Bournemouth and Norwich yesterday after City received bids that would amount to upwards of £3m.
And it appears that the 22-goal Cov Kid has opted to join the Cherries who are expected to confirm the signing today.
Allsop is a 22-year-old keeper with lots of potential and who was Bournemouth’s No.1 at the end of the club’s promotion 2012/13 promotion campaign.
He started out as a trainee at West Brom and has had spells at Millwall and Leyton Orient, playing more than 20 games for the O’s. He’s played 25 times for the Cherries and is seen as the perfect candidate to come in and compete with Lee Burge for the top spot at City following Joe Murphy’s move to Huddersfield.
Swiss-born Coulibaly joined Eddie Howe’s side from Grasshoppers Zurich last summer and can play either on the right or the left.
Although the 25-year-old’s appearances have been limited to two starts and six substitute appearances due to injury and the exceptional form of others, he is a player who gets supporters off their seats.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...ews/coventry-citys-callum-wilson-sign-7373277

Decent deal

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I guess it is a decent deal. That stated, we keep on saying that when our leading score leaves; from Jutkiewitz to Clarke and now Wilson, and wonder why we are in terminal decline?!?

gouldberg

Said it before, I'll say it again. The way Callum has handled himself throughout this has been impeccable. Wish him all the best.

Fee much better than I was expecting. Not above his valuation, but certainly above what I thought it would take for us to accept. I don't think loan players are ever a solid answer to a problem because they can have a semi-decent season then sod off, but with squad numbers where they are at the moment, anything that pushes that up is a relief.

kg82

It is a decent deal but we now have no recognised senior striker. I know there's a while till the season starts but the amount of goals we've lost from last season is a huge blow. Strikers and defenders now, that's what we need.

torchomatic

Seems a fair deal for a single good season. Good luck to him, hope he realises his potential.

Kingokings204

Sounds a good deal with 2.25m upfront. We need 1 mil of that back into the team on another 10 signings IMO. Sisu can have 1.25 for the good job they have done.

We need a keeper with more experience really but beggars can't be choosers at the moment. Winger sounds decent also and that's 3 in 2 days. Must be a sisu record.

The fact now is we don't have a striker in the building. This scares me on the 4th July already. We need 4-5 strikers IMO.

I will give them one thing. At least we have got a really good deal and it's happened very quickly which gives us more time to recruit.

I am feeling more optimistic now bar the strikers situation. I think if we could agree a interim rent deal the buzz would be amazing. Robo would agree I know.

Kingokings204

P.s Bradford must be pissed off with nacki wells 1.5 mil now lol we got double for a striker from 1 season. Hahahaha good deal sisu.

Good luck CW btw. He is a class player an will get better. Premiership player in waiting IMO. Only had 1 season remember.

Kingokings204

2.25 mil up front.

Now back to the Ricoh and sign 4 strikers and I'm happy again.

hill83

Assuming the money does go towards buying players, the price of people we are looking at will now go up slightly as other clubs now know we have a bit of spending power.

And again, assuming the money does go towards buying players, you really can't argue with the price we have got. Not ideal, but that's the way football goes.

glamour76

Absolutely crazy money for a player nearly released last year. Even if SP is getting 500k think he could get some decent players in. I'm sure we'd get leon back for 500k

kg82

Assuming the money does go towards buying players, the price of people we are looking at will now go up slightly as other clubs now know we have a bit of spending power.

And again, assuming the money does go towards buying players, you really can't argue with the price we have got. Not ideal, but that's the way football goes.

Coventry City... Spending power

torchomatic

It goes back decades.

I guess it is a decent deal. That stated, we keep on saying that when our leading score leaves; from Jutkiewitz to Clarke and now Wilson, and wonder why we are in terminal decline?!?

BackRoomRummermill

As long as the outcome is positive I see no reason why not to cash in to get more players in. Wilson by leaving ( getting 2million plus players) could actually be helping us more than if he stayed by getting in some good players for LG1

Its never about just one man its about a team

And good luck Wilson all the best to you fella , I am sure you will be welcomed if you play us again

shmmeee

£2m to Pressley please

£1m on 3 strikers

£500k on a defender

£500k on a CM

Couple of frees to fill out the squad.

Automatic promotion here we come.

Thanks.

(A man can dream)

Kingokings204

£2m to Pressley please

£1m on 3 strikers

£500k on a defender

£500k on a CM

Thanks.

(A man can dream)

Even half those prices would get very good players and a return to the Ricoh. People would be back I have no doubt. I would be one of them.

Lots of signings, a return to the Ricoh and a new buzz with no points deductions. Wow dreams .

RoboCCFC90

Okay Gent let's hear it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skyblueinBaku

Even half those prices would get very good players and a return to the Ricoh. People would be back I have no doubt. I would be one of them.

Lots of signings, a return to the Ricoh and a new buzz with no points deductions. Wow dreams .

Yeah, it would almost be like supporting a normal club!

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Same price as the 'mini-Messi'...(minus the buy-out clause...)

Now we just need to find another McGoldrick/Clarke-esque striker who needs to prove himself..

skybluebeduff

£2m to Pressley please

£1m on 3 strikers

£500k on a defender

£500k on a CM

Thanks.

(A man can dream)

I would prefer them to use that money to somehow bring us playing back in Coventry.

hill83

Hire a coach?...

:whistle:

BbgL7x3.gif

shmmeee

It goes back decades.

Does it?

2013/14 - Clarke sold in January, Wilson sold in the summer
2012/13 - McGoldrick loan not renewed in January
2011/12 - Jutkiewicz sold in January (still top scorer by May) (relegated)
2010/11 - King released (against our wishes)
2009/10 - Leon Best sold in January, Morrison released.
2008/09 - Morrison, not sold
2007/08 - Mifsud, not sold
2006/07 - Adebola, not sold
2005/06 - McSheffrey, sold
2004/05 - McSheffrey, not sold
2003/04 - McSheffrey, not sold
2002/03 - Bothroyd, released
2001/02 - Hughes, sold
2000/01 - Bellamy, sold (relegated)
1999/00 - Keane, sold
1998/99 - Whelan, not sold
1997/98 - Dublin, sold
1996/97 - Dublin, not sold
1995/96 - Dublin, not sold
1994/95 - Dublin, not sold
1993/94 - Ndlovu, not sold

Apart from the glut of sales around relegation, we seemed to always keep hold of our top scorers. Since Coleman left that seems to have changed.

One thing's for sure, the periods where we've sold our leading scorer season after season are the periods where we've been relegated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread