We are fans of the year! (2 Viewers)

Grendel

using 1 forum post to support an argument. bless.

So are you saying only one poster puts the council and ACL first? Do you really think that? Do you want some more examples?

Grendel

there are very few out there that as deluded as the small minority

Minority on here but fortunately in the majority in the real world. The council trolls on here shame genuine supporters

lewys33

So are you saying only one poster puts the council and ACL first? Do you really think that? Do you want some more examples?

please do continue to use forum posts to support your facts. Maybe you should make a poll so everyone can talk about how the results are horse shit and flawed as well?

Grendel

please do continue to use forum posts to support your facts. Maybe you should make a poll so everyone can talk about how the results are horse shit and flawed as well?

So are you saying those who say they put the Council and ACL before the club under its current owners' are being disingenuous?

Just Wrong! so far as I am concerned.
Yes you can go to away games to "support" by shouting the team on
but supporting the team also means financially supporting them!
Staying away is NOT supporting!

If you go to cheer on your child at a football match, it is called supporting your child, there is nothing in the english language to say you have to give money to SISU to be classed as a supporter.

Grendel

If you go to cheer on your child at a football match, it is called supporting your child, there is nothing in the english language to say you have to give money to SISU to be classed as a supporter.

Boycotting Barnsley then?

lewys33

So are you saying those who say they put the Council and ACL before the club under its current owners' are being disingenuous?

Twisting words. Nobody has said they support the council or ACL before the club. Only before the owners.

Given that a return to the Ricoh looks less likely than ever, the 'cashing in' option seems the most likely out of the two scenarios you describe. That being the case, why are you trying so hard to ensure we do not get promoted this season? No doubt you'll also be amongst the most vocal when SISU offload players in January to make up the cash shortfall - and I do not see how you can reconcile those positions. I'd quite like SISU to sell up too (just a bit), but understand that if that is to happen they need something to actually sell on. As it stands the club is practically worthless.
They have the golden share, it is priceless.

cloughie

Minority on here but fortunately in the majority in the real world. The council trolls on here shame genuine supporters

I have yet to meet any sisu supporting fans and only you and a few side kicks on here

So surprising as at work i regulary talk with the general public

Grendel

I have yet to meet any sisu supporting fans and only you and a few side kicks on here

So surprising as at work i regulary talk with the general public

I don't support sisu you clown find any post that says I do

cloughie

I don't support sisu you clown find any post that says I do

you support every stance they make ie

user-online.png

CCFC Manager Join DateSep 2011Last Online1 Minute AgoPosts12,382Threads99
2,047 Like Received In 1,338 Posts

icon1.png
We should support the new stadium

No objections. Just accept the design, accept the capacity and accept its location outside the city.

Be very positive and tell sisu to go for it with 100% fans backing.​

Last edited:
None of that matters. Tim Fisher in calculated bluff shocker.

Do you believe him? If yes, then what is the point of the boycott? If no, then you must understand and accept that they have the option of decimating this squad of players if they need to.

Again, if you genuinely believe the boycott will force a return to the Ricoh then fine, the logic is sound enough. If you don't believe that, then starving them of cash will not end well for anybody, least of all Coventry City Football Club, but it might make some people feel better I guess.
They will sell any player for money, it is what they have done all the time, even if we were at the ricoh they would sell, just look at their past record. The difference now they have to find cash every month to pay the wages and all the people who go to sixfields are just helping SISU to stay on a bit longer.

Grendel

you support every stance they make

Nope

Don't support the move away (dont go anymore)
Don't support the lack of interest in the customer
Don't support their communication with the public
Don't support the previous ad-hoc strategy regarding the playing side which only improved post relegation
Don't support lack of focus on the club in its portfolio until it was too late
Don't support the senior appointments made to run the club

Need I go on?

Grendel

They will sell any player for money, it is what they have done all the time, even if we were at the ricoh they would sell, just look at their past record. The difference now they have to find cash every month to pay the wages and all the people who go to sixfields are just helping SISU to stay on a bit longer.

Who have they sold for profit since they bought the club?

letsallsingtogether

Prove it. :D
Nope

Don't support the move away (dont go anymore)
Don't support the lack of interest in the customer
Don't support their communication with the public
Don't support the previous ad-hoc strategy regarding the playing side which only improved post relegation
Don't support lack of focus on the club in its portfolio until it was too late
Don't support the senior appointments made to run the club

Need I go on?

For some yes, but others seem to be clinging on to the idea the boycott will force the club into a u-turn. Just now someone has posted this on another thread:

"How to get cov back in cov.stop fooling yourself and stop going to sixfeilds.it is the only way"

I think that is nonsense, it isn't the only way at all.

Anyhow, looks like be a 'bumper' gate on Thursday (if such a thing is possible), with P'boro set to bring 2000+. Might even be 5000, massive :(
Out numbered by the away fans and 2,000 short of the away support at Milton Keynes

Grendel

you support every stance they make ie

user-online.png

CCFC Manager Join DateSep 2011Last Online1 Minute AgoPosts12,382Threads99
2,047 Like Received In 1,338 Posts

icon1.png
We should support the new stadium

No objections. Just accept the design, accept the capacity and accept its location outside the city.

Be very positive and tell sisu to go for it with 100% fans backing.​

So the irony of that thread was lost on you was it?

grego_gee

Just google "supporting" and you'll get a definition, from the English language.
Your child doesn't get paid when he plays, if he progresses and becomes professional he will expect to get paid and the money will have to come from somewhere.
The normal model for a professional football team is the fans provide the income that supports the team.
We are in a situation where the fanbase that would normaly support the team have for one reason or another deserted it, and the team therefore has to rely on the generosity of the owners to continue to provide the funds to support it.

Despite the cries of derision that will no doubt follow, I maintain that nothing in the above is opinion but actually factual.

Why have I again said generosity? because the owners are continuing to pay to put a team on the pitch despite knowing the the number of fans turning up will not cover the costs.

Just google "supporting" and you'll get a definition, from the English language.
Your child doesn't get paid when he plays, if he progresses and becomes professional he will expect to get paid and the money will have to come from somewhere.
The normal model for a professional football team is the fans provide the income that supports the team.
We are in a situation where the fanbase that would normaly support the team have for one reason or another deserted it, and the team therefore has to rely on the generosity of the owners to continue to provide the funds to support it.

Despite the cries of derision that will no doubt follow, I maintain that nothing in the above is opinion but actually factual.

Why have I again said generosity? because the owners are continuing to pay to put a team on the pitch despite knowing the the number of fans turning up will not cover the costs.

You are never going to support any thing unless you have to pay money, what a load of tosh. So every person who collects for charity is not supporting that charity unless they pay money to the charity. You never go to support your mates playing down the park as they do not get paid. For Google and look in the dictionary/thesaurus, there you will find the meaning of support, supporting, supporter and it never mention paying money to be a supporter. If you want to carry on this there is lots of things i can write about it now the thesaurus is open.

You don't know what the agreement is. It's hardly going to be specific down to fine detail but the league will only be interested in funding to achieve fixture fulfilment.

The club is homeless the only club in football history to be booted out by its council.

The league support that argument. That I'm sure doesn't sit well with you but that's the only fact they care about.
The only council i know who offer free rent to tennent after they leave, why are we still in northampton?

You want to get out more and meet people and find out the people blame SISU, which puts you in the minority, but you do not live in coventry so have no idea how people think.

shmmeee

That's why the league sanctioned the move. What reason do you think it is - they fancied eating in the oriental Sixfields buffet after the game?

No it isn't. Cmon play fair.

The league went to great pains to NOT say they believed either side, but that they couldn't intervene in a commercial dispute and couldn't force the club to do otherwise.

They've said repeatedly the reason the move was sanctioned was the time left before the season started and the need to fulfil fixtures.

Users who are viewing this thread