We are fans of the year! (1 Viewer)

wingy

Great.. Brilliant reference to a Great read ,seems as a nation we're going back to Its subject matter.

grego_gee

Just Wrong! so far as I am concerned.
Yes you can go to away games to "support" by shouting the team on
but supporting the team also means financially supporting them!
Staying away is NOT supporting!

Snozz_is_god

But you are not financially supporting the team, you are financially supporting SISU.

bigfatronssba

Those that attend Sixfields pay the least in the league for their tickets.

Therefore, using your logic, those at Sixfields are the worst fans of the year.

RoboCCFC90

Great compliment from Danny Kelly, but I would just add the vocal support during Away Fixtures this season has been fantastic from the Sky Blue Army, let's hope that it all continues in the future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snozz_is_god

I keep hearing support the team not the regime.

But by supporting the team you are supporting the regime.

Sadly CCFC isn't independent of SISU and I currently see no difference between them.

A complete boycott of Sixfields from now until the end of the season is what's required.

In life you have to make hard decisions, for the greater good.

RoboCCFC90

I keep hearing support the team not the regime.

But by supporting the team you are supporting the regime.

Sadly CCFC isn't independent of SISU and I currently see no difference between them.

A complete boycott of Sixfields from now until the end of the season is what's required.

In life you have to make hard decisions, for the greater good.

I am sorry but if you're supporting the team is does not translate into supporting Sisu!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gint11

I'll say it again. I will not tolerate watching my team play home matches 35 miles away from Coventry. It's just wrong.

torchomatic

AH, now that makes it clear. So people who go and support CCFC away from home are still supporting SISU? Must be if they are inextricably linked.

Sadly not the way I see it, at the moment SISU & CCFC are inextricable linked.

Hobo

Let's all fight over which faction won it and who is going to collect it.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

The staying away situation is widely admired and reported on elsewhere in the footballing world; and brings attention to our plight on a national stage. It's just a shame that the few fans who can't help themselves can't show solidarity, as complete abstinence by every fan would be an even stronger message to all parties involved.

However; remember, it's a reaction to an action. Don't decry the effect without doing the same to the cause

torchomatic

No need for a fight. There are hundreds of posts from tens of posters who will tell you they are right and moral and others are in the wrong. Just give the prize to one of them.

MMM seems as good a candidate as any.

Let's all fight over which faction won it and who is going to collect it.

theferret

The staying away situation is widely admired and reported on elsewhere in the footballing world; and brings attention to our plight on a national stage. It's just a shame that the few fans who can't help themselves can't show solidarity, as complete abstinence by every fan would be an even stronger message to all parties involved.

However; remember, it's a reaction to an action. Don't decry the effect without doing the same to the cause

Given what you know about SISU and how they operate, what do you think is more likely: a. they give in, put their tale between their legs and take us home; b. they just wind the whole thing up and walk away?

Genuine question.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Given what you know about SISU and how they operate, what do you think is more likely: a. they give in, put their tale between their legs and take us home; b. they just wind the whole thing up and walk away?

Genuine question.

Go all out for the Ricoh, and if they fail - and the JR seems their only option - cash out for whatever they can get. If we could get promoted, then that would be the best time for the latter

Mary_Mungo_Midge

No need for a fight. There are hundreds of posts from tens of posters who will tell you they are right and moral and others are in the wrong. Just give the prize to one of them.

MMM seems as good a candidate as any.

A shallow note of sarcasm from a poster who's anti-ACL rhetoric has proven to be constantly and incessantly wayward

theferret

Go all out for the Ricoh, and if they fail - and the JR seems their only option - cash out for whatever they can get. If we could get promoted, then that would be the best time for the latter

Given that a return to the Ricoh looks less likely than ever, the 'cashing in' option seems the most likely out of the two scenarios you describe. That being the case, why are you trying so hard to ensure we do not get promoted this season? No doubt you'll also be amongst the most vocal when SISU offload players in January to make up the cash shortfall - and I do not see how you can reconcile those positions. I'd quite like SISU to sell up too (just a bit), but understand that if that is to happen they need something to actually sell on. As it stands the club is practically worthless.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Given that a return to the Ricoh looks less likely than ever, the 'cashing in' option seems the most likely out of the two scenarios you describe. That being the case, why are you trying so hard to ensure we do not get promoted this season? No doubt you'll also be amongst the most vocal when SISU offload players in January to make up the cash shortfall - and I do not see how you can reconcile those positions. I'd quite like SISU to sell up too (just a bit), but understand that if that is to happen they need something to actually sell on. As it stands the club is practically worthless.

I am doing nothing to the detriment of our promotion push. I am refusing to attend 'home' games outside of Coventry; as are many others, and as clearly articulated to Fisher ahead of this foolishness going ahead. If there's culpability, you need to look at those who took the decision in full receipt of the facts

Grendel

A shallow note of sarcasm from a poster who's anti-ACL rhetoric has proven to be constantly and incessantly wayward

Surely every real CCFC fan who only cares for the club is anti ACL.

Grendel

AH, now that makes it clear. So people who go and support CCFC away from home are still supporting SISU? Must be if they are inextricably linked.

Those that go to Barnsley will be financially supporting them - so that will be interesting.

The Gentleman

Wow, "trying so hard to ensure we do not get promotion this season". What is he doing then, giving out expelliarmus spells every time we play or does he just stand in the opposing goal with their keeper hoping no-one will see him.

theferret

I am doing nothing to the detriment of our promotion push. I am refusing to attend 'home' games outside of Coventry; as are many others, and as clearly articulated to Fisher ahead of this foolishness going ahead. If there's culpability, you need to look at those who took the decision in full receipt of the facts

Of course you are. You are advocating a boycott that will inevitably increase the pressure on our owners to succumb to offers for our better players in January.

Of course, it is a nonsense situation we find ourselves in, and it is largely of their own making. The fact is though, we are where we are, and I am just looking for a way out of it. For me, a 4-5 year exile while they attempt to build a new stadium is simply not feasible. How then do we move on from this? I know some believe the boycott will force a return, but I do not believe that for one minute. A sale of the club is therefore the only viable way forward. As it stands the club is worthless, so what do you think is most likely, they give the club away or close the doors?

To be honest, I don't know what to think sometimes, and I don't pretend to have all the answers. The absolute certainty of those that think the boycott is the way forward I think is worrying though. Understandable to an extent, but also a little misguided and potentially disastrous.

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Of course you are. You are advocating a boycott that will inevitably increase the pressure on our owners to succumb to offers for our better players in January.

Surely Fisher told the Football League that SISU had the financial wherewithal to withstand the financial downturn the Sixfields move would represent? If that's not the case and they need to sell players to fund it; what would that then make Fisher's claims to the FL?

RoboCCFC90

Sadly not the way I see it, at the moment SISU & CCFC are inextricable linked.

Maybe so but the 7000 at MK Dons would probably disagree with you.

wingy

Of course, it is a nonsense situation we find ourselves in, and it is largely of their own making. The fact is though, we are where we are, and I am just looking for a way out of it. For me, a 4-5 year exile while they attempt to build a new stadium is simply not feasible. How then do we move on from this? I know some believe the boycott will force a return, but I do not believe that for one minute. A sale of the club is therefore the only viable way forward. As it stands the club is worthless, so what do you think is most likely, they give the club away or close the doors?

To be honest, I don't know what to think sometimes, and I don't pretend to have all the answers. The absolute certainty of those that think the boycott is the way forward I think is worrying though. Understandable to an extend, but also a little misguided and potentially disastrous.
There Is np Boycott .There are 8K. supporters who have had the club removed from them,not the other way the Club left us. The owners have guaranteed to cover all losses ,and just like attending Sixfields Its perfectly possible to reconcile .

theferret

Surely Fisher told the Football League that SISU had the financial wherewithal to withstand the financial downturn the Sixfields move would represent? If that's not the case and they need to sell players to fund it; what would that then make Fisher's claims to the FL?

None of that matters. Tim Fisher in calculated bluff shocker.

Do you believe him? If yes, then what is the point of the boycott? If no, then you must understand and accept that they have the option of decimating this squad of players if they need to.

Again, if you genuinely believe the boycott will force a return to the Ricoh then fine, the logic is sound enough. If you don't believe that, then starving them of cash will not end well for anybody, least of all Coventry City Football Club, but it might make some people feel better I guess.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

None of that matters. Tim Fisher in calculated bluff shocker.

Do you believe him? If yes, then what is the point of the boycott? If no, then you must understand and accept that they have the option of decimating this squad of players if they need to.

Again, if you genuinely believe the boycott will force a return to the Ricoh then fine, the logic is sound enough. If you don't believe that, then starving them of cash will not end well for anybody, least of all Coventry City Football Club, but it might make some people feel better I guess.

But it wouldn't be a calculated bluff, would it? It would be something very different indeed. Some might - if that was what he had done - call it a deception.

If players are to be sold to cover slight-of-hand or overly optimistic forecasting; then that's reprehensible.

Which is one of the reasons I won't visit Sixfields. It's not with a view to what my stance might achieve; it's that morally I won't travel 40 miles to a crap stadium to watch a Coventry team play, under the stewardship of people I distrust and dislike intensely

theferret

But it wouldn't be a calculated bluff, would it? It would be something very different indeed. Some might - if that was what he had done - call it a deception.

If players are to be sold to cover slight-of-hand or overly optimistic forecasting; then that's reprehensible.

Which is one of the reasons I won't visit Sixfields. It's not with a view to what my stance might achieve; it's that morally I won't travel 40 miles to a crap stadium to watch a Coventry team play, under the stewardship of people I distrust and dislike intensely

OK, if your stance is purely a moral one and you care not of the consequences of it then fair enough. For others though, the boycott is a means to an end, and that I have some difficulty with because I do not see how it can achieve the desired aim.

All been done to death I guess so I won't bore people any more, and I don't pretend to have all (or any) answers. My preferred option would be that SISU buy the Ricoh and a fair price, bring in AEG to run it and look to offload the whole thing at the earliest available opportunity. Naive? Perhaps, although I know some people would rather we stayed in Northampton than SISU get hold of the Ricoh (that I don't get). All very depressing.

SIR ERNIE

"The fans, in an extraordinary uprising... have found a way of punishing the club but supporting the team"

Beautifully put, Danny Kelly.

Up yours SISU.

Users who are viewing this thread